Assassin's Mark

"
Xybb wrote:
If I am already capped on critical strike chance (that's 95% if I am correct), is it possible to achieve 100% with assassins mark or is the cap still 95%?

I would also like to know this, it is very relevant to the game state.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
I made a lightning trap build and I wasn't getting power charges on kill using assassin's mark. Is this intended?
You weren't getting any kills either. It's working as intended.
Traps and Mines are separate entities, their Damage and thus kills are separate from the character. Your Trap gets the kill, your (now dead) Trap gets the Power Charges.

crafted this today,
sadly im a flame totem user, so the same rule of the traps(as mentioned above) applies to me too,

is there any way i can make this work as totem user?
perma power charges.. the dream ;_;

From what I've read, and also from personal experience with a 100% crit Ice Spear Avatar of Fire/ELemental prolif build prior to 1.3, yes, the 10% crit bonus is added after the "crit or no crit" calculation. This means that if you have 90%+ crit chance, you can in fact hit 100% crit against cursed mobs.

I played for many many hours of play time where I should have 100% crit. I did not have a great Ignite chance independently; I relied on applying Ignites through crits. I never once had a case where my Ice Spear attained its second form and did not apply a prolif'ed ignite. Believe me, I had very slow cast speed, and I was only firing one Ice Spear at a time for bigger burns, so I would've noticed immediately if it failed to Ignite/Crit, because I would have been rather seriously screwed.

The way it works, as I recall and believe, is that the spell or attack rolls its crit chance as normal. Against cursed mobs, a X% chance (depending on the level of the A.M. curse) is then added to the result of the calculation, and then the game checks whether the crit happens or not. If you think about it, it makes sense: it's simple and logical from a programming perspective, since the "crit roll once per spell cast" mechanic is pretty universal, and because sometimes the same attack/spell will hit cursed and non-cursed mobs.

You don't have to take my word for it, but for what it's worth, I'm 100% convinced that this is the way it works.
extra damage on crits, increased crit rate, life and mana on kills and power charges. doesn't get much better than this. i have used this on every crit builds i have ever made i think.

5 out of 5 rating for this skill. a staple for every crit build.
I can't help but wonder how this will work as an aura now. I run a crit claw flickerstrike build. If I run assmark as an aura with blasphemy in 2.1, will that mean that my enemies will always be affected by assmark (unless they are curse immune) when I kill them? It's a bit weird, because auras usually apply their effects to the aura user, primarily, whereas curse auras will apply their effects to enemies within the area of effect. The are of effect centres on the user, so presumably that area of effect is instantly in effect wherever the user is, and I have to appear before I can hit something with flickerstrike, so logically they should be affected by the curse aura before I hit them. But flickerstrike moves so quickly that I wonder if it will work...
It *should* work, yes, for precisely the reason you pointed out: can't punch a dude if you're not there :P Flicker Strike is a teleport, but "instant" is a relative term when two things cannot happen simultaneously.
Just discovered. Totem's can't have power charges - OKAY. My build is dual flame totem with Consuming dark and Infernal mantle. Here we go 100% chaos dmg and poison from flames. Aaaaand we gain power charges, when mobs killed by poison! :D Not so much but sooooo goood anyway. My current chance 30% (lvl 19 curse) and sometimes I see even 3 charges (my max limit). Enjoy.
Yep. Same old Damage over Time kill allocation bug :)
A regular Crit build would do it too, through Ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info