Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Just read this guild and decided to run my first 3.0 character with it!
Since I'm not all that experienced with the game, have two questions and hope to get your reply, much appreciated!
1: what about reflect elemental damage maps? can I run them safely with mom & life leech or are there some viable mechanics in this build for reflect maps that I just missed?
2: you've explained why choose necromancer over elementalist, but can I go for elementalist anyway? and if so, what should I change in passive,gem setup and gear? some general advise would be really nice.
Thanks again for the great guild and will follow your updates after 3.0 launch!
I'm here just to thank you, i tried your build back in 2.4, wasn't too impressive for me, but now it seems much more viable. What i love the most i the fact, that you use Necro ascendancy, not the boring elementalist (i have many elementalists, and i want to try something different).

Great job :)
Hi Enki

Are you reeeaaaaaally sure Necromancer is the right way to go, even for Softcore?

Would you mind detailing the differences between one and another in terms of gains/losses?

Thanks and keep up the good work :)
zzz
Great, I used this build in Talisman. Do we have any more protection on spell reflect with this build in 3.0? I remember I died a lot from spell reflect =p
"
HellBoundno wrote:
Great, I used this build in Talisman. Do we have any more protection on spell reflect with this build in 3.0? I remember I died a lot from spell reflect =p

Not without the Elementalist spec I think
zzz
Thanks everyone!

Necromancer is definitely the way to go now. When comparing with Elementalist, they're pretty even damage wise when using Bone Offering, and Necro being ~10% better with Flesh Offering.

Let's compare what each class brings aside from damage:

Elementalist
‣ 50% reduced Ele Reflect taken
‣ conditional 25% AoE
‣ Conflux
‣ 2nd Golem, that we can't make much use of

Necromancer
‣ 35% Block, 34% Spellblock & 594 Life on Block
or
‣ 30% Cast Speed & 29% Movement Speed
‣ 20% Ele Res (8% higher than Elementalist) & 21% Chaos Res
‣ 30% Duration

In conclusion, only thing Elementalist really offers is the reflect protection, while Necromancer gives alot more overall survivability through Bone Offering, and some nice stuff for convenience.

For Ele Reflect, we have high Spellblock, Topaz Flask and 20% reduced Reflect Damage taken from Yugul's Pantheon node, and can get another 10% on the tree.
Even without the 20% from Yugul, reflect rares weren't an issue when i tested this with highend gear in Standard, but i couldn't properly test reflect maps yet.
We might need to equip a Sybil's Lament for those maps, or reroll if it's impossible.
I'll put up a mention about this in the mapping section.

@OrangeKitty: I don't recommend Elementalist, you would lose a substantial amount of block and most likely won't be able to do any high tier bosses without that.
twitch.tv/enki91
I've heard people saying that Storm Call is still better for single target instead of Storm Burst.

Will you keep us updated on that after launch?

Thanks again :)
zzz
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
I've heard people saying that Storm Call is still better for single target instead of Storm Burst.

Will you keep us updated on that after launch?

Thanks again :)

Yeah i'll give that a try.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi there I'm coming back from a long break and will give this build a try. After catching up with a lot of things i have one question left.

In your Leveling-Part you wrote
"
Go for mostly life passives first, get Elemental Focus early and some damage nodes on the way.

But I can't see it on your screenshot of the passive skilltree. It's somewhere way to the right and seems a little out of place to your mainpath. It would be nice if you could clarify on that. Ty in advance!
Hey Enki,

After testing few specs in the past I will come back to this one. Was the best and fastest spec for me. Clearing speed was awesome. As you recommend I will try with Necormancer this season.

Thanks a lot for your spec.

I was looking for a fast clearing spec like this which is able to do Lab / Atziri but for me it seems that this is the best one :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info