Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
RAPublicus wrote:
Hi, I am really new to the PoE, so my questions may seem stupid but I have to ask:

1. Why do we need 6-L Pledge to get Arc mana cost 100+? Why cant we use any other 6-L staff?

2. In gem section you use Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Conductivity and Warlord's Mask but in section "My character" you dont use Curse on Hit, how do you use your curses then?

3. Do links in Kitava matter? Can it be 4L or 0L piece?

4. I was looking at poe.ninja that Kitava is kinda cheap, but 6L PoH seems pretty expensive. In your opinion, what is the best way to get 6L PoH?

Thank you for all your answers and also have to say that your guide is really excellent. Thanks for for all your work! :)

Hi, welcome to PoE! Let's get straight to your questions:

1. Pledge of Hands comes with a built in Spell Echo support, which essentially makes it a 7L, and with that raising the mana cost above 100. Without a 6L Pledge, the easiest way to get above 100 mana cost is using a Fevered Mind jewel.

It is possible to reach 100+ mana cost without that on a regular 6L Staff, but it requires atleast a +2 Lightning Gems mod with Lv21 Arc and Lv3 Empower.

2. Check the Kitava's Thirst gem setup at the bottom of gem section.

3. Links don't matter in our case, since we're not using any support gems in it.

4. I usually get a 5L to start with, and another 6S one where i throw all the fuses from mapping and Vorici daily deal until it's 6L.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi. I've had a lot of fun following this build for my first playthrough and am thankful for your guide. I was just wondering what I should be looking to upgrade next? I feel like I'm missing an obvious upgrade or something.

Thanks for the brilliant guide.
"
fussle wrote:
Hi. I've had a lot of fun following this build for my first playthrough and am thankful for your guide. I was just wondering what I should be looking to upgrade next? I feel like I'm missing an obvious upgrade or something.

Thanks for the brilliant guide.

Hey, thanks! Your gear looks pretty good, only upgrades would be an Opal Ring with higher life and a Stone of Lazhwar with block corruption. Other than that you're pretty much set.

After that you could save up for a 21/20 Arc and Ball Lightning, and Lv3 or even Lv4 Empowers if you want to, or simply save some currency for another build.

One thing i noticed is the Vaal Immortal Call. You can only manually use Vaal Skills, trigger gems unfortunately don't work with it. I'd recommend just switch it with a regular Immortal Call to get that extra protection against phys damage bursts.
twitch.tv/enki91
gonna have to give ya a thumbs down on this one. sorry man.
"

Hey, thanks! Your gear looks pretty good, only upgrades would be an Opal Ring with higher life and a Stone of Lazhwar with block corruption. Other than that you're pretty much set.

After that you could save up for a 21/20 Arc and Ball Lightning, and Lv3 or even Lv4 Empowers if you want to, or simply save some currency for another build.

One thing i noticed is the Vaal Immortal Call. You can only manually use Vaal Skills, trigger gems unfortunately don't work with it. I'd recommend just switch it with a regular Immortal Call to get that extra protection against phys damage bursts.

Looks like i've been playing on hard mode for my playthrough :D I guess i saw the corrupted part when i was new and thought it must be a vaal gem. In that regard, how worth is it to corrupt all your skill gems?

I just got a new ring. Is there another unique amulet or maybe belt you would recommend. The stone of lazhwar is mainly picked up for the block to synergise with bone offering right? Maybe Im not putting enough value in that block chance.

"
randeenie wrote:
gonna have to give ya a thumbs down on this one. sorry man.

That's alright, can't please everybody.

"
fussle wrote:
Looks like i've been playing on hard mode for my playthrough :D I guess i saw the corrupted part when i was new and thought it must be a vaal gem. In that regard, how worth is it to corrupt all your skill gems?

I just got a new ring. Is there another unique amulet or maybe belt you would recommend. The stone of lazhwar is mainly picked up for the block to synergise with bone offering right? Maybe Im not putting enough value in that block chance.

Support gems are always worth corrupting once they reach 20/20. Worst possible case would be them losing some quality, but that's usually just a minor damage loss and can be replaced rather cheap.
For active skill gems check the wiki first if it can potentially "brick" (turn into a vaal version of that skill, f.e. Vaal Arc). If that's the case, it's better to have a high level backup gem before vaaling.

If you aim for a specific Lv21 gem, you can buy six clean (non-corrupted) low level 15%+ quality versions, gcp them all up to 20% and then level them in your weapon swap slot for mass vaaling.
It's not a 100% success chance and takes some time, but is usually much cheaper than straight up buying the gem as 21/20.

Your ring looks really nice, just the master mod doesn't work with Arc (all flat dmg to attacks & elemental damage with attacks don't affect spells) so just switch that with Elreon to Mana Regeneration Rate or Dexterity.
You could look for a similar Heavy Belt with open prefix (check poeaffix.net if you're unsure) and then add Movement Speed with Tora. This would also allow you to drop the +30 Strength node.

You're right about Lazhwar, it's mainly just a major boost to our spellblock. Another good unique amulet would be Warped Timepiece, gives some cast- & movespeed and a decent boost to both life- and mana leech rate. Gotta experiment with that one myself in next patch and might add it to the guide.
Other than that you could look for a rare amulet with Life, Spell Dmg and Cast Speed as switch for when you don't need spellblock. Just don't forget to put a skintransfer on it so you can't accidentally vendor it :)
twitch.tv/enki91
So this may sound stupid but how does spell echo works in PoH...is it just for the increased cast speed ?
"
maarthor wrote:
So this may sound stupid but how does spell echo works in PoH...is it just for the increased cast speed ?

Same as the support gem. It is basically just a Lv30 Spell Echo with 0% Quality already socketed in the staff, and only affects the spells socketed in the staff.
twitch.tv/enki91
Fingerless silk glove, dont enchant or else I lose the 16% damage?

Kitava's thirst is safe to enchant? Same with rare boots (assuming I didnt get two-toned or dont need the resistance)?
I'm still leveling in ssf - I've just finished act 4 - the ball of lightning damage is nice and all but arc really just doesn't seem that strong (I know my gear isn't fabulous and all, first time ssf, and low level spell) but if it's so "weak" wouldn't another spell been a better option? I've had to grab extra damage nodes instead of spending so much of the time early on going for life. I really think going for the scion life wheel so early is a mistake. You should focus on damage and then go there - just a thought - not sure. What would you say?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info