Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Ayy so I finished the game yesterday (23 deaths on kitava btw haha)

So I quickly bought up some of the recommended uniques and did several maps, no major problems yet except some triple dog bosses were impossible in Zana's daily mission.

This is my current shit gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kasojus/characters

managed to get my hands on a 5l pledge of hands, is this the right gem setup to run until I get 6l or should I swap faster casting for controlled damage? I kind of thought that having faster casting will give me more constant procs for kitava helm, and not having cast speed gem makes arc horribly slow too..well I just don't know which is better tbh so I would appreciate any tips.

I think I will buy a 6 socketed pledge of hands on the side and just dump all the fusings I get from maps into it, maybe I will get lucky some day.

Also looking at this today I realize I should not use wrath like this. I have half of the mana pool reserved when I have Wrath and Clarity active and I just realised that it now acts as my health so I can't do that. But I didnt wanna use essence of worm ring yet due to my already horrific resistances and life at the moment. Im not even capped lol. Should I just skip that aura/ring for now?

I think my plan for today is to buy Stone of Lazhwar and then just do some casual maps hoping for better boots/gloves/belt/rings.

Btw is it worth it to farm emperor of purity cards for the 6 link holy chainmail or should I just buy some six link from poe.trade? Kind of want to save currency where I can because I don't have much lol. Though I don't have access to the maps those cards drop on yet, so I would need to farm it in The Chamber of Sins which is a lvl 52 zone so I'm not sure if that would be a smart thing to do or just a waste of time?
Last edited by Kasojus on Nov 29, 2017, 5:43:27 AM
@Kasojus: Unfortunately your character tab is hidden, so i can't have a look. BUt by the sounds of it, stick with Faster Casting if that feels better to you, and definitely skip Wrath until you can fit in an Essence Worm.

At this point it should be cheaper to just buy the 6L right away, buying/farming the cards is only really worth it in the first few days of a league or when playing SSF, otherwise you will usually get atleast the cost for the whole 6L covered just by mapping in the time it would take to farm the whole set of cards.
twitch.tv/enki91
Sorry I've unhidden it now.
ey yo [Removed by Support] this is good stuff! as my boy matthew mcconaughey would say: "a'right! a'right! A'RIGHT!" Finally a guide that's easy to understand even by dumb newbs like myself! But [Removed by Support] something be trippin me... I've noticed that you use staffs instead of wands?! I've spent all my attribute points on INT, I can't wield a staff... should I respec (dunno if its possible)? Should I start over a new char?
Last edited by Sam_GGG on Dec 3, 2017, 2:20:04 PM
@Kasojus: Looks like you went ahead with gear while i was gone, looks pretty solid so far.
Just flasks really need some work, try to roll them one by one when you've stocked up some alts, starting with the Basalt since it's the most impactful one.

Since you currently have a socket on boots free, you could try Frost Wall in the CwDt setup and let me know how it feels. I've tried around a bit myself after someone brought it up here and kinda like it, will probably make its way into the build so some early feedback would be appreciated.

@evil4you: Haha thanks! We only use staves in endgame, at which point you should have enough Strength through passives. If not, you can easily substitute that with a good Strength roll on your endgame gear.
twitch.tv/enki91
I feel like I sorta hit a wall right when I got to T11 maps. I don't feel like my survivability is very high and I am not sure why. I got the recommended life rolls on every piece of gear and sometimes higher. I got Kitava's Thirst/Fevered Mind (have Pledge of Hands but getting that 6 linked won't be easy) setup so I have Bone Offering up quite often. I have capped resists and a good amount of chaos resist as well. I have life rolls on my other 3 jewels. Sitting at 4.5k health and 2.3k mana. Any advice?
Just dropping in before character goes to Standard league.

Finally got to lvl 91 (after dying a few times at 96% due to rushing things).
Attempted uber lab again and actually beat it using Arc instead of BL. Haha.
Then got a 40% ice trap dmg enchant on my helm. Sigh. At least I got all 4 labs done now.

Left and worked up the courage to do alch+vaal T11+ maps.
Died 5 times in Barrows. Increased mob crit chance, crit dmg, move spd, and atk spd didnt help.
Then did Shipyard, but the stupid vaal orb unid'd the map! First couple of casts were scary as I tried to figure out if it was a reflect. It was fine. I'm still too new so couldnt figure out what the mods were other than 2 unique bosses and curses. (Then later realizing it only unids, but doesnt add new mods. Haha!)

Anyways, thanks again for your guide!
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Kasojus: Looks like you went ahead with gear while i was gone, looks pretty solid so far.
Just flasks really need some work, try to roll them one by one when you've stocked up some alts, starting with the Basalt since it's the most impactful one.

Since you currently have a socket on boots free, you could try Frost Wall in the CwDt setup and let me know how it feels. I've tried around a bit myself after someone brought it up here and kinda like it, will probably make its way into the build so some early feedback would be appreciated.

Hey, I was being a total noob and trying to get some superior flask drops before I actually roll them as I was afraid to "waste" the glassblowers orbs lol. But I just realised that this was totally retarded because they are pretty cheap so I will do that today. Although I'm always pretty short on alterations
due to using so many on the maps.

Also I find myself not using the flasks anywhere near enough, I just totally forget about them except the quicksilver .. Especially topaz flask, as I have no knowledge at all about the enemies so I have no clue whatsoever which ones use lightning damage. Or any other damage type for that matter. I Just assume if a mob is swinging at me I should probably use basalt thats about all I know lol.

And yeah I will try the frost wall thingy and see how it works. Btw just like many other people here I'm kinda having some survivability problems right now. I think it all started when I switched out from life leech to empower in the Arc setup. It's still okay but I have to be really focused with not getting surrounded by mobs, which wasnt a problem with life leech. Empower is such a nice damage boost that I dont know if I want to go back, although maybe I should wait until I get lvl 21 arc to get the full benefit of empower? Problem is I have no clue how to even get a 21 lvl gem, I thought 20 is max?
Last edited by Kasojus on Dec 4, 2017, 5:14:40 AM
for some reason i always start with an arc witch

glad it's still viable

i decided to try it low life/pain attunement with shavs. since it's just a few days until the new league, i am not gonna do a lot of endgame maps, just restarted after summer break. so far it's fun.

i wouldnt think my build guardians/shaper viable, more like something to use to get acquainted to game mechanics since it is a very active build. single target skill is still somewhat ineffective imho, i am thinking about tendrils maybe? cant really decide.

in any case, thanks for the effort and the great description! kudos and see you next league.
Cool build was thinking about doing a version of it for 3.1 start using lightning tendrils. Was also thinking about using elementalist instead, because reflect immunity is pretty important for red maps and the extra elemental damage would be pretty nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info