Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hello,
yesterday i made some changes. At first i changed boots and belt for rly nice price.
Then i buy cheap Impulsa without sockets, just to try clearing map with impulsa.

I tried to switch bone offering for flesh offering as well and oooh boy. THe clearing speed is like 3x faster then was before.

The only problem is switching staffs for single target and aoe.
I rly wish to have 6L Impulsa...

The question is: What u suggest? 6L my own or rather buy already linked?

I made my own 6 socketed and spent around 120 fusing orbs just to try luck. I have never 6l anything before so i need advice what is normaly cheaper way :)

Narg
Heya guys, what's a good point to do Apex of Sacrifice? I'm progressing through my Atlas and can do rare T6 maps and bosses without much trouble, if any. Merciless Lab I can do with my eyes closed by now, but I doubt that means much.

I saw the video of Enki doing it with 5links, but he still had much better gear than I currently do.

What's a good benchmark before I go wasting my midnights?
Last edited by Akkuron on Feb 17, 2018, 2:15:59 PM
I'd like to thank enki for this guide. So whoever messages me take these items if they want (abyss SC):

Hey @Enki this is my first character and a great introduction to the game. Will our ascendancy change when the ascendancy revamp comes into effect with this March update. If it changes where will I find the change? Another question I have is about loot and where to farm now I have reached the endgame and now have to find better gear?
@Zeratul_PL: Thats a good attitude you have, reminds me of when i started this game!

That boss sounds like Malachai in the Primordial Pool map, can be a bit tricky if you don't know all the mechanics yet but good news is that you only have to fight his first form in that map.

As for first days league farming, best advice i can give is try to get to maps asap and identify rares, especially somewhat usable jewelry can sell for a good amount in the first few days. It also helps to know what mod combinations are approximately useful for popular or basic builds (f.e. high life + str + any flat cold/lightning dmg for RF) and what mastercraft potential a rare has (studying the lists on poeaffix.net and mastermods in the wiki can help with that).

@Marja: Get yourself 2x 4L Pledge of Hands, an unlinked Inpulsa's Heart, any Stone of Lazhwar and Kitava's Thirst, Fevered Mind and the rest just rares with the recommended stats. This will give you two budget 5L's for Arc and Ball Lightning (need to weapon swap, default key is x) and an overall solid start into mapping with this build before the next patch may nerf it.

@ctrlwud: Thanks! I've checked your gear, looks all pretty good. I'd recommend just level up your masters, get Essence Worm and whatever is needed to still cap res and then farm a boot enchant, and if there's still time left after that you could go for a helmet enchant aswell.

For the other question please check my reply to Zeratul_PL above.

@Nargoron: From my own experience (100+ 6L's made so far) i can say it's often cheaper to manually link depending on current fusing:ex rate and prices of non-corrupted versions of that item. But there's always a risk involved, you may end up spending way more in the end. If you don't want to gamble on that, just buy one for 4ex.

@Akkuron: I'd recommend atleast Lv19 gems and ~4.5k life. Even more important than that is knowing the mechanics, if you don't want to learn it by trial and error i'd say read up on the bossfights or check out some videos first. Good luck!

@fussle: Thank you! Hope some new player can benefit from those items.

@Crix23: It's likely that this build will change, but i can't say more without having seen the reworked Ascendancies and other buffs/nerfs unfortunately. It's known that all 19 Ascendancies will be rebalanced, so with Necromancer being such a strong choice for most witch builds currently i do expect a rework to limit it more to summoners and corpse builds, which would force me to work out a completely new setup. Regardless of what happens, this build will stay witch and you will be able to find it in this thread.

For the other question please check my reply to Zeratul_PL. Basically just do some lower maps.
twitch.tv/enki91
I've just started with this build.
At first, bone offering was working pretty well with cast when damage taken, however, it stopped working. I looked at it, and saw that lvl requirement is 44 (the gem lvl was recentrly upgraded to 10), and cast when damage taken only works with lvl requirement of 38 or below.
So am I missing something? Do I need to trigger bone offering on demand? I was under impression it's supposed to work with cast when damage taken.
Tahvok: That part of the guide has an error in the Bone Offering level, I think. You're right that it won't trigger on damage taken above a certain level, unless you level the CwDT gem with it, but that is counter-productive. In general, you really wanna get a Kitava's and Fevered Mind as some your first items together with the starting rares and only rely on CwTD for Immortal Call. Both are really cheap, despite being uniques.
Last edited by Akkuron on Feb 18, 2018, 4:58:00 PM
@Tahvok @Akkuron

It is not an error in that section. If you have a look at what Enki wrote for the CWDT section, in the second paragraph he says...

Keep CwDt, Conductivity and Desecrate at the shown levels, Bone Offering should be leveled above CwDt's level requirement so we can use it on demand.

So, Conductivity and Desecrate will auto cast with the CWDT and Bone Offering we manually cast once it out levels the CWDT criteria.

Akkuron is right that Kitava's is the preferable set up once you are able to do it. It will cast the spells every time you cast Arc or Ball Lightning. Keep in mind that to meet the 100 mana spent requirement, you need to have both in a 6-link with the specified support gems, or as Akkuron mentioned use a Fevered Mind until you have the 6-link.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Feb 19, 2018, 5:25:25 AM
Hi there! I'm a noob in this game. And I found your build. My noob question is the following. Why can't I level Arcane Surge over lvl 8? Or can I do it in a later stadium?

"Get Arcane Surge (don't level it beyond Lv8!) from Large Chest and kill Hillock"

Sorry for the dumb question. Just trying to understand the game more.
"
Ron0x wrote:
Hi there! I'm a noob in this game. And I found your build. My noob question is the following. Why can't I level Arcane Surge over lvl 8? Or can I do it in a later stadium?

"Get Arcane Surge (don't level it beyond Lv8!) from Large Chest and kill Hillock"

Sorry for the dumb question. Just trying to understand the game more.

No problem :) It's pretty easy to answer it. It's all about the skill requirements. On lvl 8, to activate the skill you need to spend 41 mana on the supported skill. On one side it's not much, on the other hand it's pretty large amount of mana. After setting everything up, if you will upgrade Arcane Surge on level 9 or higher - it will not be triggered as it will request more expensive skills connected. So, if you will upgrade it too high - it will not work at all :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info