Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Enki91 wrote:
@brye: Elemental Equilibrium is not a good idea when using CotB, you would just buff the enemies cold + lightning res by 25% all the time.

I have not made tests yet regarding this, but i guess neither of those two gems are worth replacing one of our initial supprots with. We can't freeze the map bosses with huge life pools, so against them Hypothermia would do nothing against those enemies where we need damage the most.
I start to like Capozzi's idea of running CoH + Poachers Mark on HoI for frenzy charge generation, you could try that out if you find the sockets for it.

That linked build could work, but you can optimize the pathing at some points. Also, instead of the 8% ele dmg node in witch start you should rather take Celestial Judgement.
Please let me know how you feel about survivability without MoM in the long run.

@UhYuuki: You could possible replace your Oblivion Coil ring with a very resistance-heavy one, which would allow you to use Facebreakers and Tabula Rasa.

@MephySix: The flask nodes are extremely important for survival. They give us 3% additional max lightning res with topaz flasks towards reflect, boost the amount of armour/phys mitigation we get from granite flasks or iron skin and also give us more instant life with our seething divine flask.
All in all, they're some of the most underrated nodes.

The shadow cast speed is good for the amount of points, but we just don't have enough points to take them without dropping something even better.

--------------------------------------------

I was having a really stressful time recently and i think that reflected in my recent comments. I wanna use this comment to apologize if anyone felt they're getting the short straw in my responses.

I will work out a CotB-specific high-end build soon after i've finished my last character for the 82 challenge in Warbands. It will not be part of this guide and go a slightly different way at some points, but it'll be respeccable from this build.

Would be awesome :D.

Btw i dont like Raylling Cry much. Dont use it cuz i dont try to get close to enemys. But i think CoH, Warlords Mark, Poacher's Mark and HoI would be an option to cast on dmg taken. If i change the gems a bit i cant level them up i guess, or is it different to cast when dmg taken?
I ask because i dont know why you stay at level 1 cast on dmg taken, 5 Enfeeble and warlords :)

I want to take

CoH, Warlords Mark, Poachers's Mark with HoI instead of the cast when dmg taken setup. Can i level the marks more then level 5 and the CoH? My HoI is near max level.
Last edited by Psycee on Jul 28, 2015, 5:05:20 AM
Hi! Just wanted to say I've been playing your build for the past weeks and I'm loving it so far! I do have a question though, the wand I'm using right now has an upgrade spot left for a mod from catarina. The options I can get from her are either %increased lightning damage or %mana regeneration. Which one would you think is the better option?
Here's the wand if you'd like to take a look.
IGN: Jjinsu
Last edited by Johura on Jul 28, 2015, 6:27:47 AM
Hey Enki91, do you think FB is still a cheapest option for this build? They seem to be very overpriced of warbands at least, even the once with horrible phys rolls
@Psycee: We leave CwDt at Lv1 since the damage treshold to proc linked spells is low enough to assure reliable cursing at all times. Curses stay at Lv5 to fall into the level requirement gap of a Lv1 CwDt to proc.

You can try out that HoI method, only problem i see is you need a kill first to proc the curses, which can be a disadvantage at reflect/bosses sometimes. The gems can be leveled all the way to 20 with CoH.

@Johura: How much mana do you regenerate per second? If it's 170+, go for lightning damage %.

@Raggon: I see many online for 3-4c, which is pretty affordable compared to 4ex+ for maligaros.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 28, 2015, 8:41:40 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Psycee: We leave CwDt at Lv1 since the damage treshold to proc linked spells is low enough to assure reliable cursing at all times. Curses stay at Lv5 to fall into the level requirement gap of a Lv1 CwDt to proc.

You can try out that HoI method, only problem i see is you need a kill first to proc the curses, which can be a disadvantage at reflect/bosses sometimes. The gems can be leveled all the way to 20 with CoH.

@Johura: How much mana do you regenerate per second? If it's 170+, go for lightning damage %.

@Raggon: I see many online for 3-4c, which is pretty affordable compared to 4ex+ for maligaros.

Maybe i try to combine it with HoT then. Will test a bit. But i dont like to lose Enfeeble, need 3 curses :P

CwdT with enfeeble and frostwall and CoH with max Poacher, Warlord and HoI/HoT
So, currently lvl 84, and I have to note some findings on my part.

I have strayed a little bit from your recommendation, but for good reason. I am sitting on 16k dps tooltip before charges, and around 28k dps with 7 running.

That's 168k dps for a full arc, or 84k dps for 3 separate targets if it chains to them twice.

I have dropped the flask nodes, and am using Assassins mark and Warlords mark, Assassins until I get a 6 link and can fit a PCoC in*or get a volls chest* and warlords to sustain mana.

I am also using the CotB ring, and am running Wrath, Clarity, and Herald of Ice. I have dropped MoM to help support the mana issue. They are all sitting on my Geofri's Crest helm for the +1 to gems without the empower multiplier.

Generally, I am completely fine running 75-77 maps, with exception to bloodline reflect or reflect on map itself. The ring allows for pretty reliable freezing, even with the loss of the multiplier pure lightning gives. Regen nerfs up to 20% are also fine, due to the leech from Warlords mark. I just have to switch out faster casting with PCoC or Lightning pen*which I'm hesitant about its effectiveness with the Call of the Brotherhood ring.*

My arc setup is as follows:

Arc, Spell Echo, Life Leech*empower for easy maps*, Increased Crit damage, Faster Casting.

My 6th slot will be PCoC or Increased crit chance if I decide to keep using Assassins mark for the extra 8% chance to crit/multiplier, and the life and mana on kill.

187 mana is available of my 1237 total*which is low, I'm still working on it.

At any rate, this setup suits me better for now, I appreciate your hard work in laying out the foundation. Thanks, and good luck to you all!
Okay tested now and it is realy solid. I dont like Raylling Cry, so i dropt it and increase duration and make a Cast when dmg taken, Enfeeble 5, Warlords Mark 5 and in a 4L Cast on hit, HoI, Warlords Mark and Poachers Mark. Realy nice and strong.

When i get dmg from reflect i can easy handle with Enfeeble and Warlords like before.
Last edited by Psycee on Jul 28, 2015, 3:15:29 PM
"
I was having a really stressful time recently and i think that reflected in my recent comments. I wanna use this comment to apologize if anyone felt they're getting the short straw in my responses.

It's all good, bro. You've been so generous with your time and energy, we owe you some slack. No need to apologize, but it's classy of you. Sorry to hear real life's been rough. It can be a biotch at times.

Anyways, I wanted to say thanks for creating (and maintaining) your guide. I'm new to the game and this is my first serious build. I've made a few mistakes, but I've learned a lot and I'm still having fun.

One mistake I made was to go for a glass cannon build/gearing. At first it was fine, because I had a very timid play style (creep up to each pack, drop a lot of decoy minions). Unfortunately, when I tried to clear faster, I'd get slaughtered.

The more I learn about the game, the more your build makes sense. Keep up the good work, but be sure to take time to recharge your batteries.

Best wishes.
Do you mean when fully buffed? Because when I'm fully buffed with clarity and rallying cry I get roughly 186 mana/s. Unbuffed is around 91 mana/s. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
IGN: Jjinsu
im getting about 15k dps now with the facebreakers at lvl 79, is this good dps for my lvl or am i a little low

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info