[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
@187UNDFTD: Elemental focus will remove the chance of dealing any status effects with our skills. Even though we still shock every now and then, our uptime of HoT is far lower then it should be. We also miss out on the 50% flat damage increase, we get from shocking our enemies. All in all, I say it's not worth it.

@alkoxide: Very. Cast speed is quite odd, since, like you say, it does not visually add to our damage output. But it does, and has many uses besides that.
Since it's hard to actually display the damage output of firestorm(it all depends on how many storms you've cast, how many of the actual bolts are hitting that certain enemy, AoE etc etc), the only damage output the tooltip shows, is the average damage one bolt deals. That means, the duration of the firestorm, the cast speed of the firestorm, the AoE of the firestorm are not included even though they increase our damage output.

Cast speed does not speed up the time between bolts, that remains the same. Cast speed shortens the time we have to wait after we cast our firestorm. This means, we can use another action faster after we used our initial firestorm.

If we cast multiple firestorms on top of each other, this will increase our damage output, since we pile the firestorms on top of each other. And there are many cases you want to put two or three firestorms on top of each other, outside of bosses.

But, it also allows us to move away faster after we cast our firestorm. Bascially enhancing our mobility.

So cast speed increases our damage output, and increases our mobility(and also increases our clearspeed).
Now, I get 16% cast speed from my wand, have a level 18 spell echo(68%), and a level 19(38%) Faster Casting, and have a jewel that gives me another 4% cast speed. We also get another 8% from the tree. Meaning, I have 134% faster casting total. According to my offence tree I have 187% though. Not sure where I get that extra 50% from. Probably forgot something.

But yeah. Don't underestimate Cast speed. If you are dieing to Izaro, Atziri or other hard bosses, try picking up more cast speed might help :)

yea i have 100% fire spell dmg and 99% crit chance on my wand. i mistakenly crafted 0.2% life leech instead of multimod or 9-11% cast speed. once i get cat to 7 imma definitely change that to include cast speed.
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 16, 2016, 5:34:08 PM
By the way guys try to check on poe.trade, firestorm enchantments are fairly cheap there. I bought this:

For like 3 chaos (becouse obviously people don't like firestorm, firestorm is lame.. so buff us again GGG ò_ò). Obviously is far from perfect but i does the job very well.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
@alkoxide: There is nothing wrong with fire leech though. Unless you are having trouble evading hits, I wouldn't bother removing the mod(although, nothing wrong with changing it for faster casting as well btw, all ends up to what you prefer most I guess).

@Frattagli4: Last time I checked, they were ~30c. Surprised they dropped this fast hah! Too bad there aren't any helmets with both the +2 minions and the firestorm enchants yet hehe.

I'm trying to craft a few helmets with +2 minion and a firestorm debuff btw. Not sure if I'm lucky enough to find another, but when I do, I'll most likely give my old helm(geoffri's + firestorm explosion AoE)to a lucky follower here.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
I'm trying to craft a few helmets with +2 minion and a firestorm debuff btw. Not sure if I'm lucky enough to find another, but when I do, I'll most likely give my old helm(geoffri's + firestorm explosion AoE)to a lucky follower here.

Lets hope I am the lucky one :D

I am slowly trying to get this build into the higher tiers but still need moar life.

Trying to upgrade my gear, but the pieces are all very expensive sadly :\
And is there any 2 minion skill and firestorm helms out there?

How do you get the firestorm helm enchant? :O
Last edited by snakzz on Mar 17, 2016, 6:12:11 AM
Sometimes, life isn't the only thing you need to survive. A healthy dose of cast speed can also increase your survivability. And gear does not have to be expensive to be good. All my gears are either selffound, or bought for a couple of chaos. As long as you put a good focus on high life, you should be able to get a cheap set for a couple of chaos, that will increase your life by a lot :)

The Firestorm helmet enchantments are one of the 250 enchants you can get from the merciless Labyrinth. So, keep running :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Have you thought about using Thief's Torment in maps where you're cursed and maybe swapping Warlord's Mark for another curse because of Thief's Torment?
How do you deal with mana

I'm currently with Tabula and when spamming 6L Firestorm it ends instantly.

6L cost - 109
5L cost - 78
5L+Reduced Mana - 53

With 300 manapool (2 auras), 44 mana regen per second, and even 78 mana per cast, I can only cast 5 times (visually 10 because of Spell Echo) which is really annoying.

Who run this with 6L (w/o Reduced Mana) can you show your numbers that comfortable for you?
How much mana / mana regen you have, how many gear you have with "Increased Mana Regeneration Rate", does it really help?
Using a 5link, cost 79. No real mana issues here, with mark, mymana potion and 28.7 mana regen a sec I'm not really ooming.

Also decided to buy the Firestorm spell effect from the shop. Used it for like 2mins then took it off lol can't see anything on the screen.
Last edited by ccloaded on Mar 17, 2016, 3:00:27 PM
Quick question. Got my Firestorm to 20% wondering what other gems you consider getting quality of if any?
I decided to try running some maps/labs without the zombies, while they do help a lot in the beginning I feel like they die to quickly in boss fights and I don't like having to re-summon all 5~6 zombies just to have them die again, I'd rather just kite the boss and cast more Firestorms.

So I grabbed some ES gear, got more life nodes in the tree and I'm loving it. I'm using Discipline instead of Anger because damage really isn't a problem right now.

This is the ES gear I grabbed to add a bit more survivability, the Carcass Jack is amazing even if you're not stacking ES. I also decided to swap the rare shield for a Rathpit and I liked it, got a nice boost to damage and life, but a rare shield with perfect mods and rolls would probably be the best option.

Anyway, loving the build <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info