[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@FnTsTiC: That won't work. The Thief's Torment only works for attacks. This means, spells have no effect on it. If you want to substitute Warlords mark for something, you can get boots with this enchantment.

Although, I still prefer to run warlords mark, because of the endurance charges you get. Especially with Immortal Call, it helps a lot.

@zxfx: I never really had any problems with mana. I don't get any additional mana or mana regen from my gear, though I do use a 5 link. Warlords mark, the enchantments from the boots(but can easily do without this one), and the divine mana flask is everything I need. I can even run maps with no regen, without even really noticing it.

My free mana pool is 329, 36.2 mana regen, I cast a 82 mana firestorm with 0.31 cast time(0.28 with Silver Flask), as long as I keep attacking enemies, I never have any mana issues.

@SerenityFirefly: I really to have my zombies at 20% as well, for that extra movement speed and life, you can even decide to replace minion speed if you have them @ 20%. Otherwise, spell echo for the quick boost in damage, or faster casting for that extra bit of FC would be good.

@sliverlz: I don't really have that issue, up to Tier 10, the zombies usually survive most of the bossfights with relative ease. And if they don't, by the time they are dead, so is the boss. But kiting should work just as well. It gives you more points for the tree, so more life, damage etc. Which is always nice :P

CJ is really nice yes. I've been thinking about picking one up myself soonish, just to test it. It has a lot we want, so yeah.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Yesterday this rolled before my feet:

Since I play with mind over matter, with only Clarity and Frost armor as auras, this thing is great.
I have enough regen to sustain spamming a 5-link firestorm with faster casting, so when you take damage mana empties and I can drink this potion (and the effect stays on). now every cast is almost like drinking an instant potion, about + 700 life.

@sliverlz
Like AZG, mine never die with the exception of Atziri nuking. That Grim Duty is pretty awesome though, need to follow your lead and grab more ES.

@Llyrain
I managed to loot one of those as well, but can't seem to replace a life flask with it. In boss fights which last more than a few seconds, we're probably more mobile than skill spammy. At the same time, I'm not using a mana flask, and it could be helpful in some situations. May switch out the minion health flask and give it a try if you like it that much.

@zxfx
6L cost - 90
Mana pool - 371
Mana regen - 62.1/s
Cast time - .3s

I don't use clarity, and think the regen really does help. I get 6 spammed casts, but don't feel held back by it. In my experience we're either casting twice while running and clearing, spamming a boss to instant death, or we're mobile during tough bosses which allows the regen time to maintain our casts. You might be more tanky than me though, so I could see that still being annoying. Here's my pile of gear and tree (a bit different, single curse only) if that helps. I focused on regen for the rings.

Last edited by ℝelysis on Mar 18, 2016, 1:56:07 PM
@zxfx I have more or le 281 mana and 83 mana regen using a low level clarity, using a 6 link firestorm cost 88 and my cast speed is 0,28 when innervate kicks in. I can cast 6 firestorm in a row thats' usually more than enough.

I've tried to squeeze the costs for both firestorm and and reserved mana swapping survival secrets for Conqueror Efficiency and for me it's been worth the change. Before that i needed different jewelry with mana regen to feel confortable, but now i looks better. I've even changed mana flask with zerphis to almost tank some content.

Here's my stuff if you want to have a look:

Spoiler

@Llyrain
I like the flask :O.
Since i don't spam that much mana flask it helps me a lot during though battles, actually it's almost enough to tank stuff that can't oneshot me :)

@Silvertz
I remember my zombies in late talisman, and they were quite tanky, something more than 8000 hp. I think i've seen them dying easily just with atziri
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Last edited by Frattagli4 on Mar 18, 2016, 9:35:56 PM
Yeah, I'm still experimenting the no-zombie setup, maybe I'll get them back once I level the gem a bit more and get a bit more levels to pick the minion life nodes.

Something I decided to try yesterday and I think it's working surprisingly well is using an Emberwake, with Elemental Conflux you can stack insane amounts of ignites on bosses and Elemental Overload completely negates the drawback of dealing no extra damage with crits!

If you can afford the small drop in survivability I definitely recommend giving it a try, you can get one with good rolls for 1~3c.

Have you thought about using Atziri's Step if your resists are capped?
Hello, sorry if this was mentioned in the posts above, tried to check but too many pages.
Could you go chaos damage with that one dagger+chest or dagger+dagger combination using this build? Would it benefit anywhere or nah? Big fan of the guide, have been using it for ideas and stuff, 81 level and going. Thanks for taking the time to write it!
Anyone have Armour effect suggestions for a witch?
First of all, great guide :) I really like how you explained everything precisely.

I'm playing self found witch and I have some questions:

1. Isn't Iron Will better than Controlled Destruction? I couldn't compare them in game yet, but looking at wiki numbers, it seems to win by few % if we have enough str to use it on lvl 20 and it doesn't have any drawbacks.

2. What about Empower? Is it worth replacing any gem with it?

3. I see no mention about staves. Is 1h + shield always better option? Would Pledge of Hands be interesting for free Spell Echo?

4. I found pretty nice Doedre's Scorn. It gives ele dmg on its own, and using 2 curses I think it should be very solid item for this build. How does it compare to +2 minion helmet?
Last edited by Terkhev on Mar 20, 2016, 5:12:06 AM
"
Terkhev wrote:

3. I see no mention about staves. Is 1h + shield always better option? Would Pledge of Hands be interesting for free Spell Echo?

I'm also curious about this. Using a 6l Pledge of Hands would allow us to support Firestorm with 6 gems instead of 5 due to the free spell echo. This would also free our chest so we can either use Kaom's Heart or a 6l chest with Raise Zombie - Minion Life - Minion Resists - Minion Speed - Minion Damage - Life Leech / Life Gain on hit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info