[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

I'm actually a fan of extra crit chance to let ele overload kick in more reliably. What i've done is picking up around 150/200% crit chance from my shield and wand, letting crit for firestorm raise from 6 to 18% normally and to 12% with controlled destruction. That just give me almost 100% ele overload uptime, and that's actually nice most of times for me.

By the way firestorm is very nice for leveling. I just use wathever for the first 12 levels(20 minutes playthrough) and then i stick with firestorm.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
I'm currently level 74 and I've got 3.5k avg dmg tooltip on firestorm, but many of my gems are lv 17-18 without quality, and my gear is also not min-maxed. What's the highest tooltip dmg firestorm can reach?
"
z4tz wrote:
"
LazyBrett wrote:
What's the easiest way to level with this build? What spell do I start with at level 1 leading up to Firestorm? Do I use Firestorm right at level 12 even with minimal links? Apologize for minor questions that only take a couple hours time to get to Firestorm, I just don't enjoy the very beginning leveling process. Love your guide.

If i remember correctly i went with freezing pulse picking up a flame totem after breaking the eggs (used the flame totem for quite a few levels as extra dps on bosses where i had to move some).
If anything get your hands on a lifesprig if you want to make leveling a bit faster and easier.
And yes i started using firestom straight away. I belive you can pick up a controlled destruction, faster casting and conc effect a few levels later in act 2 and can get a few links set up.

Yeah, wasn't quite sure if Firestorm was great right off the bat at 12 until I got there. I just used Fire Trap and Fireball til then, though I'm sure there's multiple ways to go for the first 20 mins til you get Firestorm. Thanks for your help, I'm doin fine now :D.
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
I'm currently level 74 and I've got 3.5k avg dmg tooltip on firestorm, but many of my gems are lv 17-18 without quality, and my gear is also not min-maxed. What's the highest tooltip dmg firestorm can reach?

3.5k is pretty decent, I got 3852 tooltip with a 20/20 gem going up to 6.4k with Elemental Overload and Pendumlum of Destruction (Trying out Pendulum for a bit)
"
sliverlz wrote:
"
FnTsTiC wrote:

3.5k is pretty decent, I got 3852 tooltip with a 20/20 gem going up to 6.4k with Elemental Overload and Pendumlum of Destruction (Trying out Pendulum for a bit)

How the hell do you guys have so high?

My gear is decent and I am not over 2000...

http://imgur.com/coEWpyl
Last edited by snakzz on Mar 28, 2016, 5:54:08 AM
I think that's referred to concentrate effect tooltip. Am i right?
"
snakzz wrote:
"
sliverlz wrote:
"
FnTsTiC wrote:

How the hell do you guys have so high?

My gear is decent and I am not over 2000...

http://imgur.com/coEWpyl

This is my gear for reference, with the gems too:

Spoiler

I'm planning to go CI, speccing into the Occultist for the Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion passives which will make almost any map mod runnable, along with the Soul Strike quiver and Doryani's Fist while being unarmed, so that Doryani can replace the lost spell damage from the wand and the shield. With good gear and by swapping the life nodes for energy shield ones, it's possible to get 10k+ energy shield, so that's quite a big survivability boost, considering that I've already taken every life node that's nearby and I've got (only) 4.5k hp which can get up to 5k with higher life rolls on the gear, which is still rather low
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Mar 28, 2016, 1:31:07 PM
Just realized there's a helmet enchant that increases the buff provided by golems by 100%, with Liege of the Primordial, that's probably the best possible enchant for us. Any thoughts?
"
sliverlz wrote:
Just realized there's a helmet enchant that increases the buff provided by golems by 100%, with Liege of the Primordial, that's probably the best possible enchant for us. Any thoughts?

Really O_O?

If this just double Liege is better than anything. But i suspect that the increase radius of AOE to the single fireball it's actually a great buff. To be honest that's just a gut feeling that i get from experience, but i'm not that hardcore anymore to do the math :D.
I read it 3 Times and dont see which Bandits you use.

i think its Oak-Alira-kill ?
registered since September 8, 2012 played 892 Hours pays 0$ (need to change that)

Guild:
Sportfreunde Wraeclast (best Guild in PoE)
/global 4745 - deutscher Chat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info