[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
It's in the guide right? Ascendancy is elementalist

oh right lol so much stuff in the guide i somehow missed it :D
@Appels_Zijn_Gezond

Couple of things here:
1. I am playing around with using two weapon sets. One "sword" and board for more defense. and a second set that is focused on pure DPS. Sop far I find myself forgetting to switch to the DPS heavy build because I am clearing pretty fast as is, but it might be something to consider. I run Anger, Flamedash, and Faster Casting in one and then my skellie totem in the other so minions don't die when I switch.

2. I have been playing around with Clayshaper. It provides some interesting buffs from Liege of the Primordial. The only downside is that the golem granted (level 12 stone) is quite a bit weaker than a leveled Fire golem (especially one socketed in Redblade Band) so you have to re-summon the stone golem much more often. Regardless, the buffs could be a fair source of regen making you have a bit more tank.

3. I used the Ball Lightning Totem w/ Knockback until about level 75 (78 now) and I think that it was very helpful early on. It makes many of the boss fights much easier. However I would say that I probably should have switched over at about level 60. So that could be something to consider adding. I think that the knockback on the totem helps more than the skellies early on, but later on the skellies are significantly better.

4. How much do we gain from the dual curse notable? It seems like those points could be better used in something like mana regen or some more life or ele damage. Just wondering what the thought process is.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
"
4. How much do we gain from the dual curse notable? It seems like those points could be better used in something like mana regen or some more life or ele damage. Just wondering what the thought process is.

I was actually thinking about that but now that i'm going to hit level 90 i've gut all the easy to get points with more life (got to 5500 with pretty average stuff), doing heaps of damage, and feeling not very concerned about mana while i sit at lvl 86.

At this point dual curse seems like the only interesting node that i can reach and can give me a real boost either in offence or defence. That or an extra zombie + minion life.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
GingerBeast wrote:
@Appels_Zijn_Gezond
3. I used the Ball Lightning Totem w/ Knockback until about level 75 (78 now) and I think that it was very helpful early on. It makes many of the boss fights much easier. However I would say that I probably should have switched over at about level 60. So that could be something to consider adding. I think that the knockback on the totem helps more than the skellies early on, but later on the skellies are significantly better.

This is probably true, the skeletons are fairly weak early on. Another alternative i would recommend is Vaal summon skeletons as a nice boost for the hard bosses. A bit nicer on the sockets as well.

On the dual curse i have to agree with Frattagli4, it's the most useful points we can get and it can be a bit versetile going either offense or defense at any point.

One idea/thought i had for higher maps with curse immunity. Would it be an idea to level an arctic armor gem on the side? Just for these maps as herald of thunder is pretty much dead and the defense from arctic armor can weigh up some of the losses.
@GingerBeast

1 - Yeah, I can imagine that. The build has just so much damage that switching out isn't really necessary. Having two sets might be nice, but I feel swapping over to Conc effect is all we need really :) Should talk more about the different type of weapons possible with the build I guess.

2 - True, I should check it out. But life regen won't be very effective for us anyways, since the level 10 golem 'only' provides 144 life regen/second. Which isn't bad of course, but nothing compared to the life leech we already have(easily topping the 1000 life/sec end game). With that weapon, I would find a socket for a second chaos golem. Most likely socketed in a Redblade Band(prefer Strenght over ES and higher damage than the Brinerot counterpart). We get a level 22 chaos golem, giving us a total of 10(!)% physical damage reduction. No matter how you look at it, that is far superior than the 144 life/second the stone golem would give. Plus, we wouldn't have to summon it all the time, which is good as well!

3 - Interesting thought. For this character, I used Vaal Summon Skeletons before I swapped over to the skelly totem. That worked great for me early on, but a ball lightning totem would be great as well for the earlier fights.

4 - We gain a lot. It adds just so much flexibilty. If we need more damage, we can get it with flammability. If we need to slow enemies down so they won't hit us that often, Temp chains. If we just need more staying power(especially effective with the chaos golem setup I described @ 2), we get enfeeble. I never really had any mana issue's with the setup I have now, so I never really felt the need to pick up more mana nodes really.

@z4tz: Honestly, I've been thinking about adopting AA instead of Anger. We have just so much damage from the ascendancy tree, that I'm starting to think if Anger is really necessary. Yes, it will increase our damage still by a lot, but I already feel I'm scoring massive overkills on most bosses anyways.

Speaking of which, I just uploaded another clip. Double Residence Dominus.

Just nuked the duo from afar. With enfeeble, killing them both costed me around 1 minute. There are builds that will do it much faster of course, but I feel this is already amazing for this build(Enfeeble takes away roughly 30% of our damage output, so it could have been done in around 40 seconds). So dropping Anger for Arctic Armour... That would also allow us to drop the aura nodes - something I've been messing around with for a bit now. As you can see, I have 7 zombies, and almost all the minion lifenodes in the tree(missing out on 30% I believe). And there are also other things we can pick up - plus, we will have more mana reserved, so less mana issues I guess?

Edit: Eh... sorry bout the terrible sound quality. Appereantly, my recording device found it funny to record the sound coming through my headset and microphone. And since PoE was blasting through my speakers the quality is... well. Terrible?

At least you can hear me click the mouse like no tomorrow :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 24, 2016, 6:54:09 AM
I forgot to mention Vaal Summon Skellies. They are amazing. I was so underleveled going into Merc that I honestly wasant sure I woudl be able to make it in due to the min level requirement and I think that is 100% because of Vaal Summon Skellies. The combo with VSS and the Ball Lightning Spell totem is great: Place totem between you and boss, pop VSS and let them do all the work while you blindly spam Firestorm from the opposite side of the room.

As for the double curse: That all makes sense. I was just curious if there was a specific curse you were wanting it for. But like you said, the flexibility makes it pretty powerful.

My mana pool seems to be a bit screwey I guess. I have just over 1000 mana, and around 700 reserved, so I can usually only get about 3 casts of firestorm before I need more. If there is a mob heavy room, then I am fine, but if i am not leaching a lot from hitting mobs then it slows me down. I think that maybe taking off Anger could be worth it but dame its tough to see the tool tip DPS drop that much. I know it is not really anything more than an indicator, but.....I guess it would help with the mana issue by quite a bit.

and finally, check out these gloves:

I know that some of the rolls could be higher, but they capped out all my res at 79% and the master mod was already on them. I got these basically for free. They were listed on poe.trade for 5c and after a bit of haggling, the guy said if I killed normal Dom for him I could have them for free. My lvl 70+ boss melter had no trouble with that deal! Eddict of Inferno is pretty amazing too BTW. It is completely random seeming in terms of which enemy it hits, but it one shots everything except bosses........plus it looks cool as fuck.

Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Last edited by GingerBeast on Mar 24, 2016, 11:08:07 AM
"
GingerBeast wrote:

My mana pool seems to be a bit screwey I guess. I have just over 1000 mana, and around 700 reserved, so I can usually only get about 3 casts of firestorm before I need more. If there is a mob heavy room, then I am fine, but if i am not leaching a lot from hitting mobs then it slows me down. I think that maybe taking off Anger could be worth it but dame its tough to see the tool tip DPS drop that much. I know it is not really anything more than an indicator, but.....I guess it would help with the mana issue by quite a bit.

and finally, check out these gloves:

I know that some of the rolls could be higher, but they capped out all my res at 79% and the master mod was already on them. I got these basically for free. They were listed on poe.trade for 5c and after a bit of haggling, the guy said if I killed normal Dom for him I could have them for free. My lvl 70+ boss melter had no trouble with that deal! Eddict of Inferno is pretty amazing too BTW. It is completely random seeming in terms of which enemy it hits, but it one shots everything except bosses........plus it looks cool as fuck.

I wouldn't drop an aura, if you feel like your damage is enough, and that is possible, just go with artic armor.

The reason why i wouldn't is that you could actually just become a proficient flask spammer and that's very easy with divines now. You can just replenish your mana pool 10 times wireless a decent roll, that's more than enogh with easy stuff, while Regen is usually enough when you need to kite a bit. If u get used actually you're not going to be in trouble not even in no Regen maps.

By the way nice gloves! Mine are still horrible i think :)
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Last edited by Frattagli4 on Mar 24, 2016, 12:07:37 PM
What's the easiest way to level with this build? What spell do I start with at level 1 leading up to Firestorm? Do I use Firestorm right at level 12 even with minimal links? Apologize for minor questions that only take a couple hours time to get to Firestorm, I just don't enjoy the very beginning leveling process. Love your guide.
"
LazyBrett wrote:
What's the easiest way to level with this build? What spell do I start with at level 1 leading up to Firestorm? Do I use Firestorm right at level 12 even with minimal links? Apologize for minor questions that only take a couple hours time to get to Firestorm, I just don't enjoy the very beginning leveling process. Love your guide.

If i remember correctly i went with freezing pulse picking up a flame totem after breaking the eggs (used the flame totem for quite a few levels as extra dps on bosses where i had to move some).
If anything get your hands on a lifesprig if you want to make leveling a bit faster and easier.
And yes i started using firestom straight away. I belive you can pick up a controlled destruction, faster casting and conc effect a few levels later in act 2 and can get a few links set up.
Last edited by z4tz on Mar 26, 2016, 2:56:49 AM
Thought i'd drop in and share my current items and look for input on balancing/upgrading.

Current Items
Spoiler

Current statistics
Spoiler

(stats are with auras and minions up)

Except for getting my chaos resist up and upgrading my two-stone ring in general, maybe the missing chaos res and cast speed if I'm lucky, I'm not sure what else to get going.
Last edited by z4tz on Mar 26, 2016, 6:52:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info