[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Thanks for the guide, been following it for a week, more? Damn this game and build sucked me in ahah!
Currently level 88 and trying to upgrade my gear in order to play that sweet endgame map meta :D

Cheers! I will have questions soon!
"

I think the Cemetery is fine the way it is now. I actually done that map loads of times, and it only gets easier. Yes, the archer hits hard, but his attack speed is very slow, just like the rest. And they barely ever focus you if you have anything up: as long as you stay at range, you'll be fine.

Again, thanks, this is very helpful :)

After having run the Cemetery a few more times, i do retract my earlier comment and a 6 is indeed the place it should be. The archer hits hard, but with a lot of cast > move > cast > move you'll get it down fast without taking much (if any) dmg.

I did end up doing a few maps that were not in your maplist yet.

Tier 11 - Torture Chamber, Reasonably easy fight, Shock and Horror doesn't move much so you have a lot of time to place your storms and hide behind the pillar when she casts her beam. Due to its 20 seconds cooldown you can then throw a few more storms before you go hug a pillar again. Rinse and repeat and the boss is down. I would advice standing next to a pillar when the 20 sec is about to end, cause it does hurt a lot. (abour 40 % of my healthpool instantly gone). Other than that, not too difficult. Probably a 7.

Tier 11 - Precinct, due to the RNG nature of the boss, its kind of hard to judge this one. Ranging from 2 (or 3?) to 6 exiles, you can get quite a hefty fight on your hands. With the increased aoe gem you can take out multiple exiles at once while kiting them around, or you can opt to choose to run away, isolate one and nuke it down with the concentrated effect. So far i've only used the second method, to be on the safe side of things. Due to the RNG nature, its hard to judge, ranging from a 6 (double exile) up to an 8 (six exiles).

Tier 12 - Residence, Much easier than I had anticipated, dominus isn't all that fast which allows for some good cast and running tactics. His lightning stream attack can deal a lot of damage, but that's pretty much the only ability that'll ever hit you. The other abilities are simply too weak. The minions he summons are a great source for flask refills and to keep herald of thunder / warlord's mark / enfeeble up. I'd rate this a 6.
Upto lvl 66 now and all seems to be going well - I lucked into an Exalted Orb from a chest so went on a bit of a spending spree. I think I've done ok thanks to the gear guide part of the guide, can someone look and let me know what kind of level I should be able to get to with my gear and any obvious failings?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lacal/characters

Hey,

first off, thanks for the great build, currently lvl 79 and I'm having a blast in maps! :)

Now for my question, I guess I got lucky and found a Divinarius. You wrote that it's a good weapon to use, but why? I think the crit chance doesn't matter, since we use Elemental Overload. The Divinarius got 62% Spell damage, while my current weapon has 92%. And 10% increased Radius of area skills doesn't seem that big either.

So am I missing something obvious here? ^^
You should add amplification rod as a strong leveling unique. Its a 6L with +1 gems and a smidge of spell damage. +1 level to firestorm is about 12-20 added fire damage, since it is not affected by damage effectiveness you would need an equivalent of 40-66 or so added fire damage to spells on a rare wand.
12/.3=40
20/.3=66.7

I don't think I have cleared bosses this fast on the main quest progression before. Only level 60 though b/c I don't get to play every day.

Great guide!
Gonna try this build. Im sick of my melee Gladiator >.>
"
Nick3108 wrote:
Hey,

first off, thanks for the great build, currently lvl 79 and I'm having a blast in maps! :)

Now for my question, I guess I got lucky and found a Divinarius. You wrote that it's a good weapon to use, but why? I think the crit chance doesn't matter, since we use Elemental Overload. The Divinarius got 62% Spell damage, while my current weapon has 92%. And 10% increased Radius of area skills doesn't seem that big either.

For Elemental Overload to be active constantly we want to crit every 8 seconds. I am no theory expert, so I am unsure of how much we would normally crit without any + crit chance added, but critical strike chance does add some value to get constant uptime of elemental overload I guess. Could be useful if some math genius could inform us of the crit chance treshold we need to get for 100% uptime.
Are you using BOTH flame and lighting golem or are you just using flame golem?
Last edited by Time2Kill on Sep 21, 2016, 12:00:58 PM
"
Pacemaker007 wrote:
"
Nick3108 wrote:
Hey,

For Elemental Overload to be active constantly we want to crit every 8 seconds. I am no theory expert, so I am unsure of how much we would normally crit without any + crit chance added, but critical strike chance does add some value to get constant uptime of elemental overload I guess. Could be useful if some math genius could inform us of the crit chance treshold we need to get for 100% uptime.

I would also be interested in the crit chance threshold for a 100% uptime Elemental Overload.

From my experiments I figured that uptime looks to be consistent past ~15%.

Now standing at 17.5% on a 5 link, I checked that switching 1 gem for Controlled Destruction Support would lower the value down to 11.5%, adding a 44% constant more damage plus the benefit of a non consistent Elemental Overload.

The deal still looks great, but I'm hardly able to compare this to Increase Duration Support choice when I'll switch to a 6 link chest...

Opinions from your experience would be appreciated
Okay i'm a wreck mentally ahahha I Just gone and DID this, my first 6 link ever, and I had to vaal it just because

IS IT GOOD!??????????????????

I THINK IT IS!!!!!!

Last edited by torokfremen on Sep 21, 2016, 7:47:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info