[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
StonedBeer wrote:
So far I like the build, currently lvl 65. I have a mana problem though. It's ok when I am close to the mobs and my curses are applied through blasphemy. But when I have to retreat a litte, I run out of mana very quickly and this is my limiting factor in casting firestorm (ie huge damage reduction). I am playing the necro version of the build.

So question: Are you guys having the same problem? How are you countering it? Should I try the curse on hit/herald of thunder to apply curses no matter the distance?

Thanks!

I always bring 1 mana flask with at least 50% instant recovery or instant recovery for situations where you have to cast firestorm from afar.
I'm really enjoying yer build! Thanks fer making it! And while I didn't find it too long, and I did read (most) of it, you're link in the TL;DR at the top for the passive tree isn't broken but it links to an example of the passive tree that is. Shows only a few points broken up around the map. Thought you should know.

Thanks again otherwise!
Great build! I love it! Made my come back to PoE soo enjoyable. Thanks a lot!

There used to be a guide on the difficulty of different maps for this build. It was really helpful but I don't see it anymore. Do you plan to post it again?
Just started this build in Legacy and already having fun. Just one question, is there a custom filter for this build at all?
"

I always bring 1 mana flask with at least 50% instant recovery or instant recovery for situations where you have to cast firestorm from afar.

My problem with that is that I only have 198 free Mana and the flask are too fast ;-) So I pop the flask, get to "full" mana and the effect is gone.
"
StonedBeer wrote:
"

My problem with that is that I only have 198 free Mana and the flask are too fast ;-) So I pop the flask, get to "full" mana and the effect is gone.

I remember i had that same problem too. There were two things i did. First is to drop 1 aura (not warlord's mark and clarity of course). Second is to change my playstyle so that I can use 3 auras. Right now i have 3 auras on and that gives me 280 mana reserve. I used to play very safe and cast firestorm from a distance but since i am using cybil's now and the kitava's gem setup, the sustain from the life on hit plus added tankiness is very helpful when getting near the enemies just don't stop casting firestorm so you keep on leeching life and mana. My mana flask is just for last resort e.g boss fights where i have to kite or hexproof monsters. Btw i finally got my scourge today. Everything melts so fast now even my fps cause of the additional wolves that spawn :D Once again thank you Pewpewpew for this awesome build.
Hi , is the necromancer part of the build up to date? I am up to lvl 76 and have all the gear for the build , 6L and kitavas working properly, except for the scourge , I was just wondering if the 6L set up is optimized for 2.6.
Welp, I should reply more often here.
A few things first:

- This build is fully updated for the 2.6 release, both the necromancer and the elementist tree! I fixed the tree in the tl;dr section, sorry about that one!
- If you are struggling, or dieing a lot, try to update your gear to at least the requirements I posted in the elementist tree(at least 50 life and at least 40 resistance total per gear piece)(necromancers, need a little more). The reason for this, is that we want enough life not to be one shot by attacks that get past our meatshield. Updating your gear to what I posted above should bring you easily into mid tier maps. Also - positioning is very important as well. Especially when playing the elementist version. If you understand what the enemy can do, understand where you need to stand to be safe, you will rock through everything. Necromancers will be a tad safer due to the mitigation and leech(Seriously, do not underestimate the defenses!)
- Mana problems.. well, I fixed everything by having one divine mana potion, with less charges used per sip. Charges will be 3 on 30, which is.. well stupid. It basically never runs out haha. If you really lack mana, try a different playstyle: Cast once, move a bit, cast again(and for bosses, just make sure you go them cursed).

I think I updated all the broken links and mistakes I made. If you find anything, let me know!

I haven't been really playing firestorm this league. I plan to do so when starting a SSF character though(If I play ssf that is). But it's good to read that it's working out for so many of you :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi,

im doing the build this season and until now im doing really fine. Just hit t8 maps. Now i wanted to ask u a question. Is it possible to do shaper with this build and the t14/t15 maps?
im ready to spend some currency in that case. Just wanted to know if it is generally possible :)

Ty!
IGN: Barex
Last edited by Eyota on Mar 11, 2017, 8:19:13 AM
great build for early leveling but around t11-12 maps it gets a little meh for damage minions die easily but till then A+ build for sure very enjoyable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info