Revealing the Secrets - LA

"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Nice write up rupenus,

this summary pretty much confirmed what i was thinking, LA is the most damaging skill in PvP right now without any doubt.

Your gear check ( bow, jewelerys, quiver and 1k kaoms ) plays a huge role in it as well, a build with budget gear wouldn't do as good.

I hope this helps GGG into balancing the mechanics around LA/iceshot wall interactions, it shouldnt be damaging twice in a single shot.

Basicly you are shooting once and it deals an X amount of damage, the secondary shotgun considered as AOE will then do damage depending on how many arrows you shoot which explains why it deals too much damage.

Obviously your gear is a good part of why you deal so much damage but nonetheless something needs to be done to lower the output of LA, god knows how much damage you would do with conc effect instead of pierce with lioneyes since the secondary is AOE, have you tested that out ?

You shouldnt be able to deal 8k health in 1 button.

I really appreciate your incentive on sharing this with us, goodjob !

* PS Maybe you should learn us how to make money, i seriously dont know how you managed to be able to mirror 4 items, 1k kaoms, gg quiver all that since 2014, i played for longer and i only have 1 mirrored item, a leg shav that i got for 65 ex back in the days... if i value your items theres atleast 1.5k exalts in your gear. what's your secret bro =o ?

i read trade chat all day, and exploit desperate sells. i buy whatever item that i can make profit with. i watch streamers, and whatever they do, people copy them and i buy the items needed to properly use their builds. eventually i increase those items prices in market. mathil did coc dagger build, i bought like 5 coc daggers ranging from 3-7ex, sold them for 7-25ex. thats what i did recently. now i bought 2 leg aegis, each for 16ex. im gonna sell them for 22ex+ each. since 7-8 months, thats what im doing daily.

also i think myy gear is like 2200ex~
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 1, 2016, 2:50:00 PM
Lib wasnt even using talisman when you dueled.. :s

She becomes twice as tanky against your build with them -.-

Aaaalso she has unlimited pots with avenger's
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 1, 2016, 3:43:19 PM
"
lapiz wrote:

losing +1 curse warped timepeice is something. and also i can change my damage type to full cold(which would be even better dpswise), or to full lightning, or half phys/half light or half phys / half cold. its really hard to predict what im using really. and on the other hand, assume im using conversion talismans too, conversion talisman + LA vs conversion talisman + EA is all the same in the end.

when we initiate each other with lib, the fight takes 0.5-1 seconds most of the time. so there is no time to use flasks even.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 1, 2016, 4:21:56 PM
Impressive guide. I remember last time i played against you i used grace+cwdt enfeeble. Is it still a decent defense? To be fair your gears can pretty much allow you to swap several other bow gems and still be effective against most players. The only difference is that LA can spam walls, which is not super hard to stay away from.
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
You guys have no right to blame walls, both of your builds abuse of them !

WallHoes is a friendship bare mortals Can't even comprehend.

Example
Do you Even WallHoe, m9.

"
Rupenus wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

losing +1 curse warped timepeice is something. and also i can change my damage type to full cold(which would be even better dpswise), or to full lightning, or half phys/half light or half phys / half cold. its really hard to predict what im using really. and on the other hand, assume im using conversion talismans too, conversion talisman + LA vs conversion talisman + EA is all the same in the end.

when we initiate each other with lib, the fight takes 0.5-1 seconds most of the time. so there is no time to use flasks even.

Well if you wanna take off mirrored jewelry to fight me using cold it's perfectly acceptable I guess, My 100% eyes of wolf is locked on Talisman Sc :/

But if I was to specced specifically to counter you would be rather easy. Just need some blinds and minor tree changes and 1/2 amulets. Like you said, It's Not a fair fight, It's a case of draw/ whoever can't bare to camp their little corners anymore.

But There's only 1 month until Ascendancy comes out, It's Really not worth the hassle at this point.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Feb 1, 2016, 6:00:22 PM
WHy bother indeed, until the devs balance pvp, meta in ascendancy will be 49,5% Crit templar (who care about converson talismans when your resistances are all set to 0) spamming sparks vs 49,5% immortal aegis duelist rushing them and 1% hipster build.
PvP seems a bit like HC in that it prevents you from using lots of powerful in game mechanics because they're just not reliable enough. The last two builds I played have relied on flasks+leech for defense, which work great for PvE and even HoGM, but are easy to counter in real PvP. If there was a way to enable more build mechanics that people use in PvE to work in PvP, I think it would make it more fun since people could theorycraft a bigger variety of builds. That said I think PvP players come up with a lot of fun mechanics that you don't see elsewhere, it's just that most people aren't inclined to make a PvP build to play against 5-10 others.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Additions:

Why so high dps?

You are going to be blinded, enfeebled, your damage might be converted to another elemental type and your penetration gem might be not orking fully, because of that having 40% more damage than its needed is always good.

How much accuracy is needed?

3500 is mandatory. 4000 is good. you are going to be enfeebled, blinded : )

How much Life Regen% + Chaos resistance can handle the CA?

55+ movespeed, 35 chaos resistance+, 150+ life regen is mandatory

Attack speed or high per hit Base damage?

Both, but dont underestimate attack speed. as i said you are going to be blinded, enfeebled, when you cant hit once, you should be able hit at the second hit. and that interval must be close. In theory high damage per hit sounds better, but in practice high attack speed is very important. especially to lock down your enemy to a point thats also very important. low interval attacks make it impossible to escape from the point for your opponent.

How Much Crit Chance?

60-65 is enough. more is just a waste, having high attack speed but 60% crit chance is better. each attack repeats our chance once again. interesting enough, tree is very rich for collecting attack speed nodes. and only few of them are enough.

Crit Multi?

not the best thing to invest on. 500-550 is enough. enfeeble is hard counter and you cant dispel it all the time especially vs blasphemy enfeeble. they can hit you and when you use warding flask go away. your anti curse flask can be easily depleted with hit and runs. having high accuracy and good positioning is important. you dont need legacy crit multi stuff to make the build work. crit multi can be easily countered.

Frost wall, how to use it?

i prefer having one manual cast with + increased duration. never link frost wall with spell echo, that would proc tempest shield 1 time more. i have another setup which is cwdt + frost wall. you can use spell totem + frost wall too. that doesnt work versus whirling blade users, also self cast is always more accuracte and you can decide which place you gonna hold and defend yourself on. spell totem reacts faster, spams walls better but unpredictable and inaccurate. decide by your own.

Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 23, 2016, 6:29:30 AM
With the upcoming Ascendancy, do you recommend to swith to Templar instead of Ranger? The "ignore elemental resistance on crit" will solve the problem with conversion talismans, and we can use Hatred without the need of penetration gem
"
H0X9 wrote:
With the upcoming Ascendancy, do you recommend to swith to Templar instead of Ranger? The "ignore elemental resistance on crit" will solve the problem with conversion talismans, and we can use Hatred without the need of penetration gem

yes i'll go for templar too. deadeye is as good as templar too dpswise, but vs conv. talismans templar is better. i dont recommend too much investment for templar, cause its gonna be nerfed for sure.

im sharing some screenshots in sarn town to give insights to others to measure their strength:

life:

jewels:

Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 28, 2016, 3:43:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info