[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

thanks DjPapaz! I didn't try arrow dance, was thinking of it, maybe a good idea for mobs.. but then Izaro's cleave is a melee attack for ex, and that stuff covers the whole screen. and mobs have never been my focus, my main problem is with bosses.

those 45% conversion daggers.. cost like what, 50 exalts each? of course I can't afford 90% conversion, only 60.

removing trap throwing speed to get more damage from a jewel is a good idea btw, we're limited by cooldown anyway.

I haven't added any life from jewels, cuz I needed more damage and 7% increase sounds pretty smallish.. but I bet u need that to survive high tier. I have 3k life on this build. as paper thin as it gets. : ]

I've re-spec-ed a witch and went occultist - CI - wicked ward shield + traps. traps are less powerful now, they don't chain anymore, the AoE has diminished.. but the damage was already massive and mobs pop due to chaos explosion, on top of traps explosion. it's kind of pretty.... white and purple boom : ]

so now I have a decent shield, instead of supersquishy life and evasion. not sure how far this build will go, cuz the shield is not as good as soul ward, and the damage is not as good as chaos ice trap's.. and there's a conflict of interests there, carcass jack having mediocre shield. and if I can't get 10k shield, I can't really get to high tier. I'm at 6-7k atm, with pretty good gear otherwise, I think.

in any case, evasion is a no go for me atm. love the damage. but no. a solid shield lets you do lab easily for ex.. and it's much more survivable, no more stupid one shots. hopefully. : >
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 7, 2016, 10:43:42 AM
if u get hit by a boss ur doing something wrong ;) whirl is your nr 1 defence in this build. n std, i had ~2.5k hp till ~85lvl and had no issues ;) later improved in that department to be able to farm uber. or end game maps ofc. But for ussual content..this build shouldnt have troubles even with like 1k hp. U just never get hit.

Yes..7% sounds small..but get 5 of them, and u'll see some difference ;)

Umh, wasnt aware price skyrocketed so hard. I got mine just after nerf so costed like 3-4ex each.

Also, started this build in essence..and it's a cakewalk :) i'm still on low lvl..but once finished cruel lab ( for trap chain ) it's sooo easy ;) just started merci, running with 2k hp. Against cruel malachai / cruel izaro, haven't used hp flask once ;) ( did cLab at 53lvl :D my first time to do it with <60lvl toon ;)
Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Sep 7, 2016, 7:43:25 PM
"
removing trap throwing speed to get more damage from a jewel is a good idea btw, we're limited by cooldown anyway.

About this. ice trap has only 2sec CD ( unlke Trap support which has 3sec ) + u get 40%reduced cd via ascendancy. So cooldown isnt a problem at all.
Wicked_Clown
"
DjPapaz wrote:
if u get hit by a boss ur doing something wrong ;) whirl is your nr 1 defence in this build. n std, i had ~2.5k hp till ~85lvl and had no issues ;) later improved in that department to be able to farm uber. or end game maps ofc. But for ussual content..this build shouldnt have troubles even with like 1k hp. U just never get hit.

Umh, wasnt aware price skyrocketed so hard. I got mine just after nerf so costed like 3-4ex each.

Also, started this build in essence..and it's a cakewalk :) i'm still on low lvl..but once finished cruel lab ( for trap chain ) it's sooo easy ;) just started merci, running with 2k hp. Against cruel malachai / cruel izaro, haven't used hp flask once ;) ( did cLab at 53lvl :D my first time to do it with <60lvl toon ;)

there is absolutely no way you can't get hit in this game, no matter how high the evasion.

you get hit very often in mid-high tier maps, and bosses almost never miss, and some completely ignore your evasion. having evasion as your only defense is, in some cases, like having no defenses at all. and those are the most important cases, cuz it's not the mobs that give you a hard time in PoE, it's the bosses. Izaro will always land a hit, no matter what. and you better have massive shield or armor or life to deal with that damage.

you know Tunneltrap, the insignificant boss from Orchard map? the map that also has Sallazzang. he shoots projectiles that used to always one shot me, cleanly, every time. with my TS ranger. despite the immortal call setup working in most other scenarios.

don't get me started on chaos damage.. with 3k life and no chaos immunity. yea..

also, whirling blades only work great IF you manage to get started, but there are many reasons to get stuck, and therefore now able to move for a short while. like if mobs block you or you're on a patch of ice. so relying on movement alone is dangerous.

and lab traps, spikes, you name it.. don't care about evasion at all.

also, even if the damage is pretty good, it's not enough for a lot of bosses. I died cuz of merciless Piety, Malachai, when I was lvling up, I died with a few bosses in maps, and in mid tier the damage started to get mediocre, despite me investing mostly in damage. they were not melting away anymore, like they used to on low tier maps. so relying on one shotting everything on the map doesn't work.

maybe your build is much more powerful, with your legacy gear. but in nowadays standards I have to say I have a really hard time scaling up chaos damage, and this is not the first chaos build I'm trying. chaos has been massively nerfed, for good reasons I guess.

oh, and one last thing.. trap damage is spread over a large area, works great with mobs, but single targets will only get a fraction of that massive damage.. so in theory you can maybe have 300-400k damage in one explosion, but only with all 11 traps on the ground, and only if uber-charged, and maybe with atziri flask. so in a most ideal situation only, which won't happen when you most need it, only a fraction of that damage is dealt to the boss. and it's just a one time event, not constant dps, so now you have to lay down more traps, and deal a third of the abovementioned damage with each explosion. : P so.. a fraction of 100k per explosion would be more like 30-50k?.. and only a fraction of that is chaos damage. so let's say you deal a reliable 20-30k chaos damage per throw. which is not much in mid or high tier maps. and we don't even invest in damage over time, to help with that. and to put a cherry on top, most bosses resist chaos damage. in what amount.. I know not : /
"
"
DjPapaz wrote:

there is absolutely no way you can't get hit in this game, no matter how high the evasion.

you get hit very often in mid-high tier maps, and bosses almost never miss, and some completely ignore your evasion. having evasion as your only defense is, in some cases, like having no defenses at all. and those are the most important cases, cuz it's not the mobs that give you a hard time in PoE, it's the bosses. Izaro will always land a hit, no matter what. and you better have massive shield or armor or life to deal with that damage.

you know Tunneltrap, the insignificant boss from Orchard map? the map that also has Sallazzang. he shoots projectiles that used to always one shot me, cleanly, every time. with my TS ranger. despite the immortal call setup working in most other scenarios.

don't get me started on chaos damage.. with 3k life and no chaos immunity. yea..

also, whirling blades only work great IF you manage to get started, but there are many reasons to get stuck, and therefore now able to move for a short while. like if mobs block you or you're on a patch of ice. so relying on movement alone is dangerous.

and lab traps, spikes, you name it.. don't care about evasion at all.

also, even if the damage is pretty good, it's not enough for a lot of bosses. I died cuz of merciless Piety, Malachai, when I was lvling up, I died with a few bosses in maps, and in mid tier the damage started to get mediocre, despite me investing mostly in damage. they were not melting away anymore, like they used to on low tier maps. so relying on one shotting everything on the map doesn't work.

maybe your build is much more powerful, with your legacy gear. but in nowadays standards I have to say I have a really hard time scaling up chaos damage, and this is not the first chaos build I'm trying. chaos has been massively nerfed, for good reasons I guess.

oh, and one last thing.. trap damage is spread over a large area, works great with mobs, but single targets will only get a fraction of that massive damage.. so in theory you can maybe have 300-400k damage in one explosion, but only with all 11 traps on the ground, and only if uber-charged, and maybe with atziri flask. so in a most ideal situation only, which won't happen when you most need it, only a fraction of that damage is dealt to the boss. and it's just a one time event, not constant dps, so now you have to lay down more traps, and deal a third of the abovementioned damage with each explosion. : P so.. a fraction of 100k per explosion would be more like 30-50k?.. and only a fraction of that is chaos damage. so let's say you deal a reliable 20-30k chaos damage per throw. which is not much in mid or high tier maps. and we don't even invest in damage over time, to help with that. and to put a cherry on top, most bosses resist chaos damage. in what amount.. I know not : /

I'm currently doing this build in Essence league. 86 atm. Already been clearing tier 12 now.

The thing is this build is HEAVILY depends on gem levels and quality. The higher the better.

Laso if you feel way too quishy. Get dual curse enfebble and temporal chain. That's how I've been rolling yellow and red maps on atlas atm
How do you double curse in this build?

And you drop what.. herald of ice? And you lose damage to enfeeble them? I don't need them to be weaker, I need me to have good defenses. Not the same thing at all. Like.. I just died in a simple low tier Zana mission. Anything that hits me lowers most of my life or kills me. 3k life with no shield or armor and no chaos resist makes no sense. It's a pity cuz the damage is pretty impressive, even nerfed.

So I tried to create a hybrid build, a mix of soul ward and chaos ice trapper. Turned out mediocre, although a lot more survivable than this. The traps were not chaining and the damage was much lower. And the shield was not nearly as good as soul ward. I died 3 times in uber lab, wasted 3 offerings, with a build that I thought was designed for lab.. hit my head against many objects..

So... dunno. Soul ward has no damage, this has no survivability.. both equally bad.

I'm also far from the guide's tooltip damage, I presume he uses legacy gear and his chaos scales much better. I'm at 15k / 20k with charges. With Atziri flask I can get higher, but my normal average is probably around 17k, there are never enough charges and they don't last long. And how many 17k blasts manage to hit a boss? Maybe 3-4? And it's not a constant 50k dps, it's just a one time explosion thing. In any case, I'm definitely not one-shotting bosses.

So the big problem is evasion anyway, not damage, this is a game where mobs swarm around you and attacks happen in massive amounts. Especially in tight spaces like boss rooms. The tree takes little evasion, focuses on damage, and it's a problem even on low tier maps. Rangers with 10-20k evasion can still be one shot easily, 5k evasion is absolutely insignificant.
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 9, 2016, 3:38:40 PM
"
How do you double curse in this build?

And you drop what.. herald of ice? And you lose damage to enfeeble them? I don't need them to be weaker, I need me to have good defenses. Not the same thing at all. Like.. I just died in a simple low tier Zana mission. Anything that hits me lowers most of my life or kills me. 3k life with no shield or armor and no chaos resist makes no sense. It's a pity cuz the damage is pretty impressive, even nerfed.

So I tried to create a hybrid build, a mix of soul ward and chaos ice trapper. Turned out mediocre, although a lot more survivable than this. The traps were not chaining and the damage was much lower. And the shield was not nearly as good as soul ward. I died 3 times in uber lab, wasted 3 offerings, with a build that I thought was designed for lab.. hit my head against many objects..

So... dunno. Soul ward has no damage, this has no survivability.. both equally bad.

I'm also far from the guide's tooltip damage, I presume he uses legacy gear and his chaos scales much better. I'm at 15k / 20k with charges. With Atziri flask I can get higher, but my normal average is probably around 17k, there are never enough charges and they don't last long. And how many 17k blasts manage to hit a boss? Maybe 3-4? And it's not a constant 50k dps, it's just a one time explosion thing. In any case, I'm definitely not one-shotting bosses.

So the big problem is evasion anyway, not damage, this is a game where mobs swarm around you and attacks happen in massive amounts. Especially in tight spaces like boss rooms. The tree takes little evasion, focuses on damage, and it's a problem even on low tier maps. Rangers with 10-20k evasion can still be one shot easily, 5k evasion is absolutely insignificant.

You can check out my gear n my character tab in my profile (Name: Navi_Dendi_). A tabula and other decent gear at around 5-10c each. I have a +1 curse but this can be replace by Deodre Damning ring. I have been rolling deathless for the new Atlas at tier 12 13. Done a corrupted double Koam for my friend with 2 deaths only (with minus max res)

This build has been nerfed the damage. BUT THIS DOES NOT MATTER A LOT. As long as you can throw traps, you can kill stuff. The chao nerf only make u throw like 2 more sets of traps. THE QUESTION IS YOU HAS TO BE MORE "TANKY" to stay and throw more traps. How? Dual Temp chain and Enfeeble and MANUAL DODGE from whirling blade (also the blind from ascendancy which helps a lot for physical attacks)

You sound a lot like me when I first tried this build. Clunky in playstyle, feel very quishy. This is because 2 things:

1. U forgot u are also a ranged build and can throw traps far away. Stay away from mobs and fuck them. U can throw traps, not mines where u can only place where u stand.

2.Under-level gems

I shall release my own version of this build when I can get to Uber Atziri and kill her. There one thing i do agree with you, this build is not very good for Uber lab (my experience so far).

I can show you my screenshot for damage. This is in Essence league -> NO LEGACY

11 traps buffed from Ascendancy. No charges. No conc effect

No charges, conc effect
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Sep 10, 2016, 6:24:46 AM
How about Sunblast on early mapping and the "Cheap Construction" jewel?
"
voonvoon wrote:
How about Sunblast on early mapping and the "Cheap Construction" jewel?

Idk about "cheap construction" but sunblast was good for lvling. I've used it till i got trap chaining stuff from cruel lab.
Once u get that passive, sunblast isnt required. And u actually want resist belt as we're using some uniques and sunblast only offers a bit of fire ress ;) dmg loss from it isnt anything big o it's not a problem ;)
Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Sep 13, 2016, 6:55:15 AM
Right .... those stats are needed, I already feel VERY squishy, even on Tier 1 maps, my defense is really crap, despite the acrobatics etc nodes and around 6000 evasion. Resists not yet capped (I know, I know :) ) and really having to pay attention and sometimes getting onehit by some explosions etc.

I so far followed the build on page 1 ... shadow with the tree there, only one CD, yet, can't afford a second atm. Damage is .... okay. But I'm nowhere .. not even remotly, near what page 1 says, yet. Also, it throws 4 traps, no idea where the 11 (wtf!?) traps on page 1 are from .. have to read that again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info