GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

I always prefer 5L Chest, that I will wear amyway over a Tabula. Tabula is good, when you want to test things and for leveling, in case that the wanted chest is too high/expensive for your actual level
Double post, sry
Last edited by Maruba on Aug 19, 2017, 2:47:45 PM
I'm totally don't understand what's wrong with this game:
30 minutes spammed Desecrates on Shrine map and got only 1/4 Solar Guards in it =\ Tried to out and back on map - don't helps. Before I summ all ~ in 5 mins.

OFC => NO "Inhabited by anygoats" mods. And I started as always with 1 summoned from A8.
Maybe somebody knows any stable T14-15 map for that?
Last edited by NetRollTUZ on Aug 19, 2017, 5:54:57 PM
Another big wall of text incoming, pardon the delay. Having some issues finding time to go through all the threads every day (not a fulltime streamer.. yet... ;) )

"
CoolColJ wrote:
I came cross this video of Solar Guard spectres vs Shaper - so yeah definitely Shaper viable :)

Spectres seem a lot tankier than the stone golem....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-vJCOxhXOE

+1

"
lunshea wrote:
Thanks Ghazzy for your build and quick response to our questions :)

This is my first summoner build, I've just transitioned to specters and love it so far!

I have a few more questions:

1) Your upper Unending Hunger jewel only got 30 int in radius and hence wont meet the 40 int requirement for the spectres Soul Eater buff...is this because it wont "stack" with the chance from the other jewel, or is it just a mistake?

2) You suggest to remove the Potency of Will cluster after transitioning to Specters. Wont Flesh Offering and Vaal Haste both greatly benefit from this cluster, or is it justy not worth it (my option is to put three points in 4% health nodes instead (and I really need more HP))?

3) Can you do a short priority list of which gems to improve with quality first? Would be a nice addition to your guide as well :)

4) Does Ball Lightning proc Elemental Equilibrium, or will only Vaal Lightning Trap do this?

5) I guess having 'added fire damage' on any item will mess up your Elemental Equilibrium, am I right? Couldn't find this mentioned in the guide.

Hey,

Glad you like it bro, I do what I can!

1) The intelligence does not need to be allocated, it is fully functional in the spots I've placed them in. The chance stacks and basically guarantees them to start their 30sec long buff of having Soul Eater on the first kill they do after it goes away, 50% is more than enough, obviously but the real reason we use a second jewel is to increase their AoE as they have a colateral splash effect which pseudo "shotguns" if several projectiles explodes near the same enemy they will all deal their exploding splash damage on that target. (Keep in mind that if 1 cast has 1293812983 projectiles and they all hit an enemy only 1 deals damage, this does not work the same for the explosions!)

2) They will benefit from it but is, as you say, highler inefficient.

3) Basically it's the same as with any other build in the game; what ever gives you the most damage, start with that. Generally all support gems grants 0.5% increased damage so it doesn't matter where you start :)

4) Both does.

5) Only if it adds elemental damage of the "wrong kind" to your spell in this case Ball Lightning, so you want to avoid Fire damage from those.

Hope my answer is sufficient.

"
japanladies1 wrote:
Mabye stupid question how much resist in HO need atm to be full capped ? 120?

Hey,

Not a stupid question at all, I welcome any question either way ;)

The answer is simple:
Elemental Weakness (check the section called: "Elemental Weakness in Maps" for mid tier maps the modifier is the same effect as a lvl 10 EW curse which drops your res by: 29%.
In high tier maps it is equiv of lvl 15 which drops your res by: 34% :)

"
Balerion_ wrote:
Great build Ghazzy! Thanks as always. Quick question though, I'm currently using your Skeleton Mages build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1704143 and am considering switching to this instead. Which would build you say is more effective, or do you prefer between the two?

How hard would it be to switch from on to the other?

Hey,

The switch should be fairly smooth. I recommend this build over the Mage Skellies.

Generally because the skellies are there to show people that you can play it as a fun build but lacks end-game potential, this build does not.

"
Nerovv wrote:
Hi, Ghazzy. I have been using this build, it is very fun, thank you for the great build. I have some small questions about the skill gem selection.

1) you use lvl 1 Clarity aura, at lvl 1, it basically does nth, I assume its for the commander of darkness. But does it worth 1 slot for only 3% increase attack / spell speed? will it be better to use the slot for vaal lighting trap, so I dont need unset ring, and can use a better ring? Or am i missing sth?

2) For the spectre 6l, you use Controlled Destruction which make the support skill not crit, but power charge will increase crit, is this calculate like -100% + 200%? or its like the support gem make it 0% crit, so increase 200% still 0?

thank you

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!

1) Your assumption is correct. You're also correct to ease up for gearing slots to remove it for VLT these days. The first thing you remove from this build is the Clarity if it will help make things smoother for you, may it be currency/sockets/gear doesn't matter. Any changes, clarity will be the first to hit the road.

2) They will still crit, they have a base crit chance of 5% which gets increased vastly by Power Charges and then dropped a bit by the CD support gem. However, crit is not something we even bother looking at for minion builds due to the critical strike chance being extremely low and scaling their crit multi is close to impossible.

"
japanladies1 wrote:
Havent friends just wanna shoow someone what i craft ;D

Now, that's a solid helmet ;)

"
japanladies1 wrote:
"
Nerovv wrote:
Hi, Ghazzy. I have been using this build, it is very fun, thank you for the great build. I have some small questions about the skill gem selection.

1) you use lvl 1 Clarity aura, at lvl 1, it basically does nth, I assume its for the commander of darkness. But does it worth 1 slot for only 3% increase attack / spell speed? will it be better to use the slot for vaal lighting trap, so I dont need unset ring, and can use a better ring? Or am i missing sth?

2) For the spectre 6l, you use Controlled Destruction which make the support skill not crit, but power charge will increase crit, is this calculate like -100% + 200%? or its like the support gem make it 0% crit, so increase 200% still 0?

thank you

1) U use clarity for not only 3%as/cs but also 20% elemental resistance :)

2) I think it should make 0% but mabye its some kind of hidden stuff ;D

Resistances from Commander of Darkness doesn't stack like the atk/cast speed buff you get from CoD. So "any" aura you have will only grant you 20% all res, which you get from other auras!

"
bjyxmas wrote:
Is clarity level 1 really needed?

I think you use it because of Necromancer's the commander of darkness requirement.
But I think purity of elements (or fire lightning cold) does the same job.

Am I wrong?

You're not wrong. Check above answers.

"
japanladies1 wrote:
Quick question 6l tabula or 5l vis?

5L Vis > 6L Tabula.

You get 1 more spectre which is worth a ton more than 1 support gem.

"
Justice2010 wrote:
I have a question, I have done many summoner builds, but this is my first time doing a spectre build, and as I get further into the game I am concerned with the low defenses and movement speed on the Bones of Ullr boots. Is there a point in your build that you take them off? If you keep them on how do you compensate for your defenses?

Unlike many other summoner builds you should rarely be hit in the first place. The build uses Shield Charge to move around so movement speed is not much of a concern on the boots. They will remain equipped in the end-game stage as they provide an additional spectre which is huge dps increase.

"
ColdMiller wrote:
I am looking at running a spectre build looking at yours, but after seeing that video n ow im lost as to what the pros and cons of each is, bah. lol I should probably just stick with yours since you have gear listed. I do wanna go to end game but thats where im lost. ( kinda new)

End-game gearing for this version would be to change the weapon to either of these, listed in order of price tag:

The Scourge Claw > Essence of Fear crafted claw/dagger/mace for increased damage output.

This build should be able to handle that type of content as well with enough currency put to the gear.

"
antyone wrote:
Can someone tell me what kind of enchantments should I look for for gloves/helmet/boots?

Also the build kind of misses end-game item options, like what are the items I should consider, whether The Baron is worth the trouble getting and if it's even realistic to reach 1k strength.

Baron was only displayed as a lvl item, this has been removed due to the rarity change of the helmet which also skyrocketed the price of it moving it from a 1 chaos item to 150c+

The end-game items for builds like spectre builds are very limited due to the vast ammount of unique items you need. However, in above answers in this post you'll see some weapon stuffs mentioned outside of that it is basically just higher numeric values on your rare items.

"
antyone wrote:
"
Balerion_ wrote:
"
japanladies1 wrote:
Quick question 6l tabula or 5l vis?

Anyone have an answer for this? I'm in the exact same situation right now and need to know as well

Personally I'd say vis 5l, because +1 spectre is essentially +33% to your total dps (from 3 to 4)

Tabula is good for leveling and until you get vis 5l+

+1

"
NetRollTUZ wrote:
I'm totally don't understand what's wrong with this game:
30 minutes spammed Desecrates on Shrine map and got only 1/4 Solar Guards in it =\ Tried to out and back on map - don't helps. Before I summ all ~ in 5 mins.

OFC => NO "Inhabited by anygoats" mods. And I started as always with 1 summoned from A8.
Maybe somebody knows any stable T14-15 map for that?

It seems as the more spectres you bring in to the map the higher the chance of spawning them. Problem with this "trick" is that it's a bug so noone can really understand nor help you out in understanding why they are rare sometimes and sometimes not :/

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Loving the build so far Ghazzy.

One question though, if I want to try some lightning based spectres ball lightning with EE will mess up their damage so I was wondering what would be good to substitute with ball lightning for the curses?

Crafted these recently, nothing special but not too bad either I think, even tried my luck exing the helmet but came up with extra strength :/

Dropped this tonight tho, is the baron worth it then or should i look to sell it?

Im using Aurumvorax for res but looking to switch for something better, should I be looking to switch to the Scourge if I wanted the best weapon for this build?

And also, about a belt. Im currently using Bisco's Leash but not sure I like it, would fear essence'd belt make more sense for better tankiness?

Thanks, I quite enjoy the build, lvl 79 doing t15 maps.

Oh and could someone please tell me what are the best enchants for gloves/boots? thanks ^^

And one more thing, anyone know why path of building doesnt have solar guards in the spectre library? is it because they are new?
Last edited by antyone on Aug 19, 2017, 9:34:23 PM
Please update the list where the Solar Guards can be found, Map tier 12 - RESIDENCE also spawns them using Desecrate
"
Shamwoohoo wrote:

One question though, if I want to try some lightning based spectres ball lightning with EE will mess up their damage so I was wondering what would be good to substitute with ball lightning for the curses?

You can simple solve this with avatar of fire so you still use ball lightning. I use phys to lightning gems like tha
i dont get how the auras are set up. I guess not all of them are linked to generosity? Because that is what i have right now but i dont use clarity. Now my question is do i need to be affected by at least one aura so that my minions can get the +20% bonus to elements? I can reach the cap without this bonus but i am not sure if my minions get it. I like to use bazaar to raise my sepctres (tier 11) but they still die fairly often to map bosses.
"
Shamwoohoo wrote:

Hey,

Cheers bro!

My favoured EE proccers:

Lightning DMG - Ball Lightning or Orb of Storms
Cold DMG - GMP Frostbolt or Freezing Pulse
Fire DMG - Firestorm

"
antyone wrote:

Crafted these recently, nothing special but not too bad either I think, even tried my luck exing the helmet but came up with extra strength :/

Dropped this tonight tho, is the baron worth it then or should i look to sell it?

Im using Aurumvorax for res but looking to switch for something better, should I be looking to switch to the Scourge if I wanted the best weapon for this build?

And also, about a belt. Im currently using Bisco's Leash but not sure I like it, would fear essence'd belt make more sense for better tankiness?

Thanks, I quite enjoy the build, lvl 79 doing t15 maps.

Oh and could someone please tell me what are the best enchants for gloves/boots? thanks ^^

And one more thing, anyone know why path of building doesnt have solar guards in the spectre library? is it because they are new?

The Baron is not recommend to use for this build at all so sell it :)
Aurumvorax can be changed to a Brightbeak (grants a bit less res) to increase shield charging insanely, however, if you are covered in res by your other gear pieces you can go for a Scourge Claw or any Essence of Fear crafted dagger/claw/mace.

The Rampage stacks are insane for the build, increases damage done, your movement speed & minions movement speed not to mention the actual rampage effects on top of that, I really can't argue for any other belt for this build.

Glad you like the build bro! :)

Gloves = Of the Grave (only minion related enchant)
Boots = w/e regen or speed doesn't matter

Path of Building doesn't have everything, yet.

"
Alzaraz wrote:
Please update the list where the Solar Guards can be found, Map tier 12 - RESIDENCE also spawns them using Desecrate

Will do! Thank you.

"
xruthless wrote:
i dont get how the auras are set up. I guess not all of them are linked to generosity? Because that is what i have right now but i dont use clarity. Now my question is do i need to be affected by at least one aura so that my minions can get the +20% bonus to elements? I can reach the cap without this bonus but i am not sure if my minions get it. I like to use bazaar to raise my sepctres (tier 11) but they still die fairly often to map bosses.

Generosity is only to be linked together with the damage providing aura, the rest should not be linked with Generosity so that they affect you as well otherwise YOU don't get the resistance increase. The minions are already getting it by the Generosity aura.

What are they dying to? Do you have Soul Weaver ascendancy?
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info