The Endgame Labyrinth

So you mean to tell me, that you gonna make a whole new tier of 300+ helment enchants, that you can only get by running a lab that requires FARMING MAPS AND RNG in order to get an access to?

Like merciless enchant farming wasn't tedious and frustrating enough -_-

Last edited by golan4840 on May 25, 2016, 5:38:05 AM
GGG This is bad idea, Labyrinth not fun.
Actually, I think this game lost something unique that it had.
It was really exciting to play it even before maps but now you should do completely annoying labyrinth for ascendancy points and then infinitely repeat this process until you will get enchants for your build. And your level and gear doesn't matter at all, three traps will just kill you if you won't use your heal potions no matter how geared and leveled you are (say "hi" to energy shield). And without doing labyrinth you can't be effective in a map cleaning now so this makes it mandatory for all players.

Ascendancy classes significantly reduced builds flexibility and made this game look more like others ARPGs. When I told my friends about this game I always said that characters in this game can be actually anyone: Marauder can be a caster, Witch can be a melee and so on but now it doesn't feel the same.

I guess GGG just ran off new ideas.
Last edited by Nerlin on May 25, 2016, 5:47:35 AM
Seems like they never learn :)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
balance trap damage or make an alternative to skip them. not everyone loves your lab baby like you do
Hey there, i don't really understand why so much haters about that lab. On my side, the lab is just what was missing in this game because i can now easily farm minor orbs and chisels and do a ton of chaos recipes with rewards from the coffers / also farm a lot of jewels this way. So, i do not care if it is a lab or anything else but i have now the opportunity to farm what is missing me for between 2 sessions of maps and i do not need anymore to trade alchemy orbs and chisels as a lot are needed for running high tier maps (t12+) and sustain map pool.

By the way, this lab is not really mandatory, we were playing POE without enchantments and they give only a little boost to the characters we are playing. I agree it is really difficult for some characters (ES based for example), but may be the questions are : "Do I want to run the lab 20 times a day for rewards and enchants ?" "Is my char appropriate for running the lab in 5 minutes 20 times a day ?" xD

So if you die 1 time every 2 lab, stop to try it, build another char for that and that's it ! It takes around 3 days for having a 80+ char with fast move speed and life-based for trolling the traps so...

Also the lab opens another way to play POE with a "touch of hardcore", not bad for softcore players.

I was really hoping for an uber lab with better rewards and challenges :)

See you on 3th of June (or not uhuh)

What I need now is patch notes cause i really don't know what to plan for this new league !!!
Last edited by Gryzorrr on May 25, 2016, 5:50:37 AM
"
Jieret wrote:
"
Twiiik wrote:
"
As a SC player i don't want to die and start new

That's kind of a rare point of view. So a HC character one wouldn't face that problem? I'm wondering because you specifically mention that you are a SC player. Is it harder to do the labyrinth as SC char or are there other reasons why this would be more related to SC characters?

I think its easier to run the labyrinth as a SC player, cause you can start new if you die.

I wont call it 'easier' - its just 'less risky' because in HC you obviously lose your char on death.
But the main point with SC is, that the lab is beyond the expectation that deaths i SC dont matter for your progress. Look at Merc/Malachai: sacrifice some deaths and portals and you'll beat him; the inherent 'nature' of the lab can mean your char will never make it thru.

As HC players mainly take less (least possible) risks, they 'only' lament about the general riskyness (mainly of the trap mechanics and the 'gated content') - dying makes them no difference between in and outside of lab.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Lynxdragon wrote:
For the love of dominus, Make enchants a tradeable consumable item that you get from the end of the lab. It will add another layer of trading to the game, and will give access to a lot more players.

This is by far the best thing/idea I have seen here in the last days, including GGG news ( that im not excited about a 4th lab ).

Point for you man. I hope GGG can see and do this. Would be amazing! Rewards from the lab being a "currency", some "magic orb" that could be tradeable and applyed lately in some item!

This would bring another lack of trades for the game, as well a oportuniy to poor people make money and Rich players get they desidered enchant without being bound to run the lab!
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 25, 2016, 6:06:21 AM
Lab is probably the main reason driving me to play softcore instead of hardcore. Me playing sc means that Ill be playing this game a lot less than normal.

Mission accomplished.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
I just think lab is boring and that's all. I never died in lab and I'm HC player.

But, was expecting better news from 2.3 than "new lab". "Lab" was the news from 2.2 and it was supposed to be done in 2.3 with few adjusments. One of them is fix the damage of traps in energy shield characters.

I'm really curious how CI characters will run a 4th lab on level 80 if CI is well knowed by being totally retarded inside lab with instant rips.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 25, 2016, 6:04:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info