[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
hello7op wrote:
Thank you for your answer, I have one more question for you, what your highest es you have when playing this build with top end gear, I feels kinda squishy with 5k2 es right now with shav, do you know how to improve my surviability more.

On sidenote, I did test some maps to find cannibal fire eater spawn:desert, beach, dunes, canyon, shore (shaped version too ), promenade , it seem likes they spawn in beach or sand theme maps. You can test it again to verify it.

looking at your gear and skill tree i can see the following things:

- You are using a belt that does not have any energy shield on it. A crystal belt is 22C atm, you can buy one and craft it with some essences until you hit a decent es roll.

- Your shav´s es roll is a bit low, you might want to divine it at some point.

- You are using a 250 es helmet, the helm is allright, but a "The Vertex" for example gives 300+ es.

- You do not have a Presence of chayula yet, that thing gives ~ 600 Es.

- Looking at your skill tree i see you did some things different than i do. do not get me wrong, it is completely up to you to try and tinker however you want, but at least in my opinion you picked up some inefficient nodes. for example the loose "10% increased minion life" nodes in the "Puppet Master" and "Death Attunement" wheels, or the 6% increased energy shield nodes in a lot of the es wheels. if you drop those and instead take the "Faith and Steel" notable on the left of the tree and some jewel sockets, you will end up with more elemental resists (especially when picking some ele resist jewels, they usually are chap) and therefore gearing will be much easier, since you can look for higher energy shield instead of mediocre energy shield + resists.

I usually end up with 8.8k to 9.5k es with the things i mentioned above. one guy who dumped a lot of currency into the build (%es rings and jewels + very high es gear) and got smth like 11k es.
Last edited by xxWolf on Apr 2, 2017, 9:04:06 PM
Hi.

Iam playing your build and iam level 73 atm with 1k hp and 5k es.

my clear speed is nice but then i tried maps i instantly die to chaos dmg.

how do you deal with chaos damage until you get shavs?

iam using the 40% life reservered wand for minions. do i need to spec into more life until i can afford shavs?

Ingame: Blitzfrau
Did this build in breach league and it is by far the most enjoyable build ive ever done. Before breach league the highest content I had done was core in perandus league. With this character i got:

-Full Map completion 126/126 (perandus manor cost 412c!)
Spoiler

-4/5 Shaper kills

-50+ guardian kills (all guardians very comfortable)
-My first 6L in a temp league (shavs!)
-Killed all breachlords domains incl. Chayula
-37/40 challenges

1000% recommend this build for a midrange budget which can scale to a highend guardian shrekking machine
Last edited by DoyleRules91 on Apr 3, 2017, 9:23:06 AM
Following this build and loving it so far. However i would like to use srs with my spectres. I dont like using the curse on hit ball lightning. Would it be that significantly worse to use a srs setup in weapon instead?
Went for life based golemancer. Did not like it because i felt i don't have enough damage. Randomly linked shavs and wen't your route. Damage with level 82 spectres are over the roof and clearspeed is just insane.

Ty for build and sharing.

I just have one question. How much ES you can get with decent gear? i'm at 8k and i feel low. ;(
"
krofj wrote:
Went for life based golemancer. Did not like it because i felt i don't have enough damage. Randomly linked shavs and wen't your route. Damage with level 82 spectres are over the roof and clearspeed is just insane.

I just have one question. How much ES you can get with decent gear? i'm at 8k and i feel low. ;(

I have an ok-ish gear with my classic, and had a golemancer this league, I've had a very specific reason why I switched to classic summoner for farming, but this build having better dps than a golemancer is not one of them. Golemancer with 5 golems + 9 harmonies still kill stuff faster than a fully linked Flame Sentinels and Goatmen (not Cannibal's single target however).

I'm at ~9k with a Crystal Belt + Presence, I don't use them unless I'm doing guardians or shaper. It's an acceptable number for a summoner, and I don't plan on upgrading the gear anymore, the build performs good enough as it is, I think the only time I've had over 11k ES as a Summoner is when I was playing an SRS.

However, irrelevant to the question. I play summoner almost on every league since a few years ago, I love Summoners, and it is also one of the best MF build you can have, and for Classic Summoner like this, the problems still remains the same.
- Spectre oriented build is a hassle to play sometimes, at some leagues I dropped my classic Summoner because I'm tired of having to re-find them every single time I got dc'ed, Chris promised a fix to how we store our Spectres in the future, so this is something I'm very excited about.
- I've played all kinds of Summoner variants, even the super weird ones. And classic Summoner has the lowest dps potential out of the four meta Summoner builds (SRS, Golemancer, AniWeapon, Classic), and it's the second best when it comes to clearing maps and breaches to AniWeapon.
- Mobility. Classic Summoner is slow. On some cases you can't afford to spend any sockets for it, and on other times even when you do, you can't use a reliable one like Shield Charge or WB.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 7, 2017, 3:00:05 AM
"
Runal wrote:
Following this build and loving it so far. However i would like to use srs with my spectres. I dont like using the curse on hit ball lightning. Would it be that significantly worse to use a srs setup in weapon instead?

yes, that would be MUCH worse. for clearspeed the raging spirits would be almost completely useless, since the spectres will kill anything before your raging spirits can reach it and for single target a 3link srs wont do much either. you would loose 50% fire resist reduction from the elemental equilibrium and an other 30% from the elemental weakness (if you got the corrupted midnight bargain). pretending you face a mob with 50% fire resistance (which is not unusual in maps) the elemental equilibrium alone will reduce it to 0%, which means your spectres deal DOUBLE the damage to that enemy. and no 3l srs setup will make up for that. additionally you would loose your defensive curse (enfeeble for ex.)

The EE and the elemental weakness essentially work as a 7th and 8th link as they both provide damage multipliers. i am sure you can do regular maps with an srs setup, even tho it would be much slower, but as soon as you face something more beefy like T10+ bosses or even guardians casting srs will be more a burden than actual dps output.
"
Pax1990 wrote:
Hi.

Iam playing your build and iam level 73 atm with 1k hp and 5k es.

my clear speed is nice but then i tried maps i instantly die to chaos dmg.

how do you deal with chaos damage until you get shavs?

iam using the 40% life reservered wand for minions. do i need to spec into more life until i can afford shavs?

i usually use a solaris lorica until i have my shav´s. it does not give you any energy shield but it gives you the "Chaos damage does not bypass energy shield". you can get it for like 1 alch on poe.trade, 4link it and give it the colours 2B 1R 1G, you hit these colours ON AVERAGE every 34 chromes. link Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Fire Penetration - Greater Multiple Projectiles in it. the damage will be not amazing but it is enough to farm maps. a friend of me uses this atm to farm t13 scriptoriums for the "The Offering" Divination card and he does fine.
Last edited by xxWolf on Apr 8, 2017, 4:32:25 AM
"
krofj wrote:

8k is allright, i usually end up with 9k and with CRAZY investment you will get up to 11k. however, your energy shield number alone does not tell you how tanky you are. checked your gear and i found this to be the case for a lot of people who complained they feel squishy: you do not use resistance flasks nor the alchemist cluster in the skilltree. raising your resistance from 80% to 88% (a resist flask with the alchemist cluster gives +8% max resist) cuts the elemental damage you take by 40%. to make up for that in energy shield numbers you would need an additional 3.2k es. flasks are EXTREMLEY important, not only for this build but for any build.
I just hit 90 with the build, overall the build is good. I just have some question about shaper guardian. How do you deal with minotaur rock spam when he low and phoenix constant from his add .
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info