[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

What level i need to do the transition into summoner?
liking this build and its working. seems like a friendly place to be and helpful. unlike leary summoner builds he can be a real dick of a human to ask a question i think somewhere along the line he stubble and his head fell up his ass permantly. but great build man loving it
Hi! I am having a hard time with shaper because I can't seem to get those darn flame eaters... should I do a strand and use those? or should I work with what I am given in the map! Thanks so much!
"
cocasda wrote:
What level i need to do the transition into summoner?

Level 4. Summon Raging Spirit is a great leveling skill and you do not need to do massive respecs once you start mapping. if your question is when to tranition to low life, i´d say once you got the nodes from merc lab so your spectres deal some serious damage.
"
krytonsmith wrote:
Hi! I am having a hard time with shaper because I can't seem to get those darn flame eaters... should I do a strand and use those? or should I work with what I am given in the map! Thanks so much!

if you follow the steps i explained in the guide (get cannibal fire-eaters from the coast, go to a Chimera/Hydra/Minotaur map and summon t16 cannibal fire-eaters) there should not be any porblems as long as you do not roll "are is inhabited by XXX" mods on the map. where exactly occurs the problem?
Thanks for the guide. I wanted to push bounderies my previous life-based SRS classic summoner was having difficulties with and this build definitely delivered.

I haven't 6L my shavs and most likely won't. In the spare slot I run an animated guardian with the cookie-cutter Leer Cast + Dying Breath combo. Their auras, I find, are quite the boost in my minions/party's DPS. It aesthetically fits the build's LL aspect quite nicely, too :P

Thanks again!
Last edited by ger143 on Apr 11, 2017, 2:49:31 PM
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
krytonsmith wrote:

if you follow the steps i explained in the guide (get cannibal fire-eaters from the coast, go to a Chimera/Hydra/Minotaur map and summon t16 cannibal fire-eaters) there should not be any porblems as long as you do not roll "are is inhabited by XXX" mods on the map. where exactly occurs the problem?

Oooooh okay, I must have misunderstood the guide a bit then, so I can open a t16 but trying to get the t17 ones will not work. Alright, I'll go give it another shot then!

EDIT: So, I got the t16 spectres and got a little bit farther, but I was still unable to kill him. The bosses are no issue, but they just don't seem to hit hard enough. I can think of a few things I can still do, but other than that I am just not sure. Example: how important is the level of the spectre gem, as well as the supporting gems, and how much ES did you have when you started farming shaper?
Last edited by krytonsmith on Apr 11, 2017, 4:15:32 PM
Wanted to try a spectre summoner and this build was really nice great defense, great dps only lacks mobility. For farming strands in <2 min i tried to add movement speed with onslaught and flame dash, the strategy was basically run fast enough so your spectre teleport to you after 1 1/2 screen so you can go pretty fast cause they one shot everything.
The spectres spawn seen to be tied with the tileset here is where i found them with desecrete, i don't run too many maps can be more than these ofc
Flame sentinels
Spoiler
Temple, colonnade, promenade, colosseum, chimera, hydra

Cannibal fire-eaters
Spoiler
Mesa, Strand, Shore, Reef, Minotaur, Hydra, Chimera

Goatman fire-raiser
Spoiler
Didn't use then much: Goatmen maps, Mesa, Strand, Shore

This is my gear used, for Shaper i change flasks, Vaal haste for AA and cull on ball lightning.
Only thing missing is Multi craft on rings for faster recharge + ES %
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAFvA-4GSQ18DlwRUBUnFy8YPBhWGYoajxslHNwdFB1PHaodvh3ZIvQksCj6KpgvbzLRM4c1uTkLQ1RFR0V-RnFHhUlRSbFLrkyzTblSKVXWVeBXyVhaWpFca1-wZOdmVGaeaqxq-mvbbAttGW-ecLtyD30Yf8aApILHgwmESITFhWCIQIhCi3qMdoyxjxqPRo_6kDOTJ5Rvm4qboZu1oS-mrKcIpyuofarEtAy3MbiTvSe-T76KwcXDOsNtykrK08y80B_T-9fP2QvZE9lb2V7fiuGI4vfpAuq66-7sGOyK74jv6_DV9HH22vfX-Tf56PqA-tL7Cf5J_oE=

Overall great and fun build what holds it back is the spectre mechanics, for me that wants to push higher lvls get pretty annoying hopefully GGG will bring good changes on 3.0 for it
Last edited by ware44 on Apr 11, 2017, 10:30:28 PM
"
krytonsmith wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
krytonsmith wrote:

Oooooh okay, I must have misunderstood the guide a bit then, so I can open a t16 but trying to get the t17 ones will not work. Alright, I'll go give it another shot then!

EDIT: So, I got the t16 spectres and got a little bit farther, but I was still unable to kill him. The bosses are no issue, but they just don't seem to hit hard enough. I can think of a few things I can still do, but other than that I am just not sure. Example: how important is the level of the spectre gem, as well as the supporting gems, and how much ES did you have when you started farming shaper?

remember that u need a lvl 19 desecrate to summon the highest level of corpses.
spectre gem level and support gem level is not that important, there might be a noticable difference between 1 and 21, but if it is 17 or 20 does not matter that much.
i had about 7k es when i started farming shaper, but the plan is not to get hit by stuff anyway. 7k is enough to survive a single one of the yellow balls, to walk through a vortex or out of the beam without dying, that is all you need imo. you can replace your enfeeble with an offensive curse for the fight if you want (flamability/elemental weakness).

unless you play a build that can just leech through shaper´s damage i think most people including me will need a few tries to figure out how to act in the fight before they can reliably farm him, so dont worry if you need some time. if you tell me what specifically kills you in the shaper fight (beam/vortex/slam/etc) i can try to give some tipps.
I got to level 70, and so far, this build is fun. The Fire eater's Damage is just insane when mapping, especially with slower projectile's. Also loved how easy it was to get resists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear so far...
Spoiler

EDIT: still have yet to get a decent crystal belt T_T
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Last edited by mattislouie on Apr 13, 2017, 1:54:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info