[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
wlfbck wrote:
How do you avoid dying, like, 2-3 times per map? I always have the problem that either i have massive downtime because i have to wait for minions inbetween convocations (the cooldown is way too big...) or have to play very risky by running behind enemies to force the teleport on the minions. The latter obviously gets me killed.

Then there is dying to: burning ground, poison gas, explody ground, etc because it prevents reggen. And without any leech all the small hits one usually ignores really add up. Also there is a lot of mobs with piercing projectiles as i found out.

And lastly: Which gods are you using?

Oh, also getting frozen for 3seconds at random because of LL really sucks. I have removing flasks for it, but it get reapplied a lot of times nearly instant.

PS: Gear and skilltree should be fine, didn't get an Energy from within yet because hilariously overpriced, despite that i'm sitting at 6k ES. Swapped chayula for ES amu since i seem to not get stunned a lot, what i wrote applies to with and without chayula.

edit: Just some things i noticed myself: the offerings have no range. Keeping the speed offering up at all times helps a lot. Second thing: Never do Scriptorium or any other narrow path map. They just suck.

i´ll start with the gods, because they solve one of your problems: soulf of abberath makes you immune to burning ground. Soulf of lunaris is the other choice, (mainly) because it makes you immune to chained projectiles.

if my convocation is not rdy yet and my spectres are not in range i pop vaal discipline (7.5 second duration) + the flasks and can run safely through the monsters. do not do this if the maps has a crazy amount of damage mods including -max resist, that might get you killed otherwhise. mentioned vaal discipline also keeps me safe from desecrated ground (i do not know what you mean with explody ground tbh). i agree while you do not have a presence of chayula yet desecrated ground can be annoying, but it should not get you killed. either pop vaal discipline or move a little slower and wait for your es to recharge. if it really bothers you you could also replace your quicksilver with an amethyst flask until you got presence.

if freeze gets reapplied to you instantly you apparently use an anti-freeze life or mana flask, since the utility flasks make you freeze immune for their entire duration (6+ seconds) if they have a freeze removal mod.
"
xxWolf wrote:

i´ll start with the gods, because they solve one of your problems: soulf of abberath makes you immune to burning ground. Soulf of lunaris is the other choice, (mainly) because it makes you immune to chained projectiles.

if my convocation is not rdy yet and my spectres are not in range i pop vaal discipline (7.5 second duration) + the flasks and can run safely through the monsters. do not do this if the maps has a crazy amount of damage mods including -max resist, that might get you killed otherwhise. mentioned vaal discipline also keeps me safe from desecrated ground (i do not know what you mean with explody ground tbh). i agree while you do not have a presence of chayula yet desecrated ground can be annoying, but it should not get you killed. either pop vaal discipline or move a little slower and wait for your es to recharge. if it really bothers you you could also replace your quicksilver with an amethyst flask until you got presence.

if freeze gets reapplied to you instantly you apparently use an anti-freeze life or mana flask, since the utility flasks make you freeze immune for their entire duration (6+ seconds) if they have a freeze removal mod.

Thanks for detailed answer!

You are definitely right about the flasks, will change those asap.

Oh, explody grounds is the stuff done by the Undying Evangelist first encountered in a3-sceptre of god.
"
flasdaon wrote:
Hi, a question. I currently have the complete team almost 7400 ES with gems 20/20 but when calculating with the path of building it tells me that my minions only make 170k each. surely I am doing wrong but the truth is I have no idea how to do it, and set the level of the Minions, the build, the equipment and not. Could you please put it as set up or look if I have something wrong? Thank you very much and greetings.

i imported you character to path of building and did the following:

- added spell echo gem to your spectre setup (there is one empty socket in your shav´s)
- replaced gmp and faster proj with slower proj and pierce (as you should do for heavy single targets like shaper and guardians)
- set cannibal fire eaters as your spectre, and chose their incinerate skill as their attack (they spam this and rarely auto-attack)
- went to configuration and set your spectre level in the top right to 83 (spectres from a T16 map have that level)
- in configuration i checked the box "Enemy was hit by Lightning Damage" - that is to calculate the fire resist penalty you apply with ball lightning thanks to elemental equilibrium

after i have done that it shows ~460k dps per spectre.

important: you have a glove enchant that makes you occasionally deal fire damage, which will grant the enemies you hit with it fire resistances (because of Elemental Equilibrium), basically decreasing your dps, i recommend replacing that enchant with an other!
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 23, 2017, 8:46:57 AM
"
wlfbck wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:

Thanks for detailed answer!

You are definitely right about the flasks, will change those asap.

Oh, explody grounds is the stuff done by the Undying Evangelist first encountered in a3-sceptre of god.

that is a spell dealing physical damage, in case you can not dodge it a basalt flask helps with that!
Shaper down today, only 1 death, pretty amazing damage with t16 cannibal fire eaters, he dropped a belly and gloves ( :( )
"
peterbraes wrote:
Hey man, i wanted to try a summoner for once after playing a lot of different builds, found yours and after some difficulties in the start i like it so much, lvl 70 i started to clear maps of tier 10+, amazing (for me)
Although, i have 2 points and dont want to read 49 pages of comments hoping you would mention something bout it ;)
1. idk if they changed something bout the spawning monsters with desecrate when u have that spectre. i.e. (following ur guide) i go to eternal lab, spawn flame sentinel, then (after raising spectre) i activate map device with vault map, found in ur list it spawns flame sentinels (no mods like 'inhabited by ***'), but all i got was the monsters the map actually contained like galvanic sentinels which i dont want cos we have firedmg-build and not lightning etc ... no clue what im doing wrong actually :/

2. when u get ele-weakness on midnightbargain you swap the curse for enfeeble. Actually, what do u think bout flammability in there? ofc monsters dont become weaker from enfeeble then, deal more damage and its more a risk for u, but flammability should improve clearing speed A LOT, no?
thx in advance for your thoughts, as i said: awesome build :)

they did not change anything about the spectre trick in general, i can reliably get my spectres every day, but it can be possible that they cnaged the spawn tables of some maps or (more likely) i made a mistake by adding vault to the list and the map just had an "inhabited by solaris fanatics" mod when i ran it and i did not notice. i will check that asap and correct the list if i am also unable to summon flame sentinels in vault! i can ensure you however, that at least most if not all other maps on the list work fine.

i actually use flammabillity for some targets like shaper or hydra, since a lot of the damage in the fight can not be reduced by enfeeble anyway (for example the frostbolts crossing the room in hydra fight or the vortexes in shaper fight) and other things are oneshots anyway so you have to dodge it (like shaper slam). so i can aswell speed up the fight a bit by using flammabillity. for clearing however flammabillity should not do that much, a lot of things die before your ball lightning can even reach them and i prefer most T10-15 bosses enfeebled all the time instead of dead 2 seconds faster. you can of course try both, if you feel like flammabillity is a big improvement, go with it, it´s your character. ;)
Many thanks for the advice, I did not know about the enchantment of gloves, if I use desecrate in a t 13 for example, supposedly already would be of maximum level or I would have to go to a t16 to raise spectro is a doubt that I have. thank you very much again
Build is beautiful in everything except one. Today I spent 3 Hours (!) in search of cannibals on maps from the list at the beginning, and did not find them. Strongly upset that instead of running on your favorite maps you have to spend time searching for the necessary mobs. (sorry for google translate)
"
flasdaon wrote:
Many thanks for the advice, I did not know about the enchantment of gloves, if I use desecrate in a t 13 for example, supposedly already would be of maximum level or I would have to go to a t16 to raise spectro is a doubt that I have. thank you very much again

if you want to map i suggest you just get some spectres in a ~T13 map, there is no need to T16 spectres while doing just regular maps.
"
Rogogomogofl wrote:
Build is beautiful in everything except one. Today I spent 3 Hours (!) in search of cannibals on maps from the list at the beginning, and did not find them. Strongly upset that instead of running on your favorite maps you have to spend time searching for the necessary mobs. (sorry for google translate)

Honestly i am very sure you are exxagerating here, as i doubt anyone would spend 3 hours looking for spectres for 2 reasons:
1. you find them very commonly in shore maps, as stated multiple times. personally i have found them in every single shore, but people report they do not get them 100% of the time, still there is no way you need 3 hours to get a shore to spawn fire-eaters.
2. why would anyone spend 3 hours on a task that apparently does not work out? if i spent 15 minutes on smth and it does not work at all i will try to pinpoint the mistake instead of spending an other 2+ hours on it.

also fire-eaters are not the spectres i would recommend for mapping, they are just ment to kill shaper/guardians.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info