[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
xxxskollxxx wrote:
Can't get Canibal Fire Eaters.
Today I went on shore map, got them, get few levels, then I had to logout. Now I wasted 7 shore maps and I didn't get even one of them. How to do this???

There were multiple people reporting they could not get fire-eaters on every shore map, but 7 times in a row seems close to impossible to me. as i mentioned previously i did about 20 runs and got them there every single time, so unless i got incredibly lucky other people just got unlucky with their first few desecrates. little tip: for the desecrating process you can link spell echo to desecrate to get 6 corpses per cast. i am not expecting anyone to keep desecrating there for 10 minutes ot smth, but it seems to me some people gave up after 5 casts. remember you only need a single fire-eater from there to make the trick work and summon higher level fire-eaters safely from higher tier maps.

also remember that fire-eaters are not the best spectres for mapping, i suggest using undying incinerators, flame sentinels or solar guards for that. flame sentinels you can get from templar laboratory on lvl 68, which is already high enough to do mid tier maps, take a look at the map list where you can find which spectre (it can be found in the "How to get Map Level Spectres" section) and get some higher level ones whenever you like.

If again someone apparently can not desecrate Fire-Eaters in a shore map i would highly appreciate it if you pmed me ingame and let me check it out!
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 22, 2017, 6:35:52 AM
how come we don't go with fire pen for flame sentinels and fire eater? pierce > fire pen?
"
MaxClip wrote:
how come we don't go with fire pen for flame sentinels and fire eater? pierce > fire pen?

fire pen would provide a little more damage, but you would have to recolour your shav´s every single time you switch from multi-target setup to single-target setup and vise versa. the build does not lack single target damage at all and shaper himself can be done in ~ 6 minutes on a 5link, so i prefer more clearpseed in the form of faster projectiles for mapping over a little more single target in the form of fire penetration for single target.

Edit: Forgot to say something that would be even better than fire pen for single target would be controlled destruction. anyway, as i said, i recommend running on a 4blue 2green setup.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 22, 2017, 7:03:44 AM
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
MaxClip wrote:

fire pen would provide a little more damage, but you would have to recolour your shav´s every single time you switch from multi-target setup to single-target setup and vise versa. the build does not lack single target damage at all and shaper himself can be done in ~ 6 minutes on a 5link, so i prefer more clearpseed in the form of faster projectiles for mapping over a little more single target in the form of fire penetration for single target.

Edit: Forgot to say something that would be even better than fire pen for single target would be controlled destruction. anyway, as i said, i recommend running on a 4blue 2green setup.

I see thank u for sharing ur thoughts
So far I can confirm what wolf said. If the maps that have e.g. flame sentinels in their monster-pool are not inhabited by undead (among some other stuff) you can always desecrate them.

But - and thats what's annoying - sometimes it takes a long time to get them. Sometimes you have to desecrate 10 times to get that one specific spectre and then another 30 times to get the other three.

I found some other maps where you can spawn flame sentinels. Have to check when im home.

But i know for a fact that the Port map spawns Flame Sentinels. Got them there yesterday.

I really loved playing summoners in D2, but the minion AI and these spectre issues really put me off the playstyle in PoE. Is it worth it in the end? Running around maps trying to find the mobs I need to summon sounds really not fun, probably needs a QoL fix.
"
NaeRo2 wrote:
I really loved playing summoners in D2, but the minion AI and these spectre issues really put me off the playstyle in PoE. Is it worth it in the end? Running around maps trying to find the mobs I need to summon sounds really not fun, probably needs a QoL fix.

Summoners indeed could use some QoL improvements, but if you think we spend all day looking for spectres you got smth wrong. if i start a gaming session what i do is:

go to templar laboratory, get one flame sentinel - takes 10 seconds.
open a high tier map that contains flame sentinels, desecrate until you got 4 of them. usually takes not more than a minute, but of course there can be that one time where it apparently takes ages to desecrate that 4th spectre. you can speed that process up by linking spell echo to desecrate during it.

i need less than 2 minutes to get my setup ready, which is probaly more than any other playstyle in the game and i agree it should be improved, but it is far from "running around maps trying to find mobs i need" - i never did that.

you need to decide for yourself if that is worth it for you, for me it is.

Edit: I am not sure what you mean with "minion AI". i agree if you try to use zombies as damage source that can get really clunky, as they sometimes need time to decide to attack, but while using flame sentinels, undying incinerators or cannibal fire-eaters i never had problems with their AI. throw a ball lightning at smth and it will instantly get obliterated. your zombies are just meatshields anyway, so it is enough that they move in front of you when you throw a ball lightning.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 22, 2017, 11:16:42 AM
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
NaeRo2 wrote:

Summoners indeed could use some QoL improvements, but if you think we spend all day looking for spectres you got smth wrong. if i start a gaming session what i do is:

go to templar laboratory, get one flame sentinel - takes 10 seconds.
open a high tier map that contains flame sentinels, desecrate until you got 4 of them. usually takes not more than a minute, but of course there can be that one time where it apparently takes ages to desecrate that 4th spectre. you can speed that process up by linking spell echo to desecrate during it.

i need less than 2 minutes to get my setup ready, which is probaly more than any other playstyle in the game and i agree it should be improved, but it is far from "running around maps trying to find mobs i need" - i never did that.

you need to decide for yourself if that is worth it for you, for me it is.

Edit: I am not sure what you mean with "minion AI". i agree if you try to use zombies as damage source that can get really clunky, as they sometimes need time to decide to attack, but while using flame sentinels, undying incinerators or cannibal fire-eaters i never had problems with their AI. throw a ball lightning at smth and it will instantly get obliterated. your zombies are just meatshields anyway, so it is enough that they move in front of you when you throw a ball lightning.

Thanks for the reply! I've heard complaints about the new minion AI in 3.0. I'm just going of what other people are saying, but if it's not an issue then great!

I haven't played with spectres before, so no doubt I am mistaken. Sounds like I'll have to give summoners a try.
Yeah, probably too risky. Thank you for the explanatin.
Played a bit more with this build, but I give up. It's weak, slow and squishy. Might be at higher levels it shines, but leveling with this is so slow I don't care anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info