[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
Alerie91 wrote:
Try to use projectile weakness, i use it as curse.

As appealing as it may be, it makes me give up on enfeeble, which is why I'd rather have pierce than faster projectiles. However it's always a matter of preference, since the build offered by xxWolf (thanks again) allows so many variants.
Last edited by Najrah on Jan 7, 2018, 2:58:58 PM
"
Najrah wrote:
"
Alerie91 wrote:
Try to use projectile weakness, i use it as curse.

As appealing as it may be, it makes me give up on enfeeble, which is why I'd rather have pierce than faster projectiles. However it's always a matter of preference, since the build offered by xxWolf (thanks again) allows so many variants.

In this season, I'm trying Summoner Life Build with Vis Mortis & Unending Hunger, so my Spectre do a little more dps. I use Flammability & Projectile Weakness as Curse and I kill without problem T14-T15 boss with GMP & Faster Proj. I switch GMP with Slower Proj only vs Guardian/Elder/Shaper/Atzri.
Maybe try to use Bone Offering and Double Offensive Curse. (In Harbringer Season, I used Flamm + Elemental Weakness(Corrupted Wand) & Bone Offering with TV + Wicker)
"
Najrah wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
atmosphere01 wrote:
What is the reasoning behind running Faster Proj for map clear instead of pierce? To me it seems like the latter would be more beneficial for just mowing down groups of mobs.

Faster Proj makes your spectres not shoot twice at packs the first cast already oneshots anyway. in order for pierce to be more valuable than faster proj there would have to be at least 5 monsters in a perfect line (assuming 2 spectres shoot at the pack and most of the time even more of them aim at it), which is rarely the case.

without faster proj clearing sometimes looks like this:
Spectres shoot 2 waves at pack (spell echo) - Spectres shoot again before first 2 waves arrive - first 2 waves arrive and obliterate pack - 2nd wave arrives and finds nothing.

with faster proj you'll often notice the following:
Spectres shoot 2 waves at pack (spell echo) - the 2 waves arrive and destroy the pack - spectrers select new target(s) and repeat.

that's why i prefer faster proj for clearing, ofc you can go with pierce instead and will still melt every pack, but in my experience faster proj makes it more efficient.

Also in case you use flame sentinels pierce will prevent your spectre's projectiles from forking.

The main advantage I see with pierce is against vaal totem aura (and rare monsters with same aura). Sometimes it's a bit of a pain to deal with them, relatively speaking of course.

As for enchants, wouldn't "of light" (consecrated ground) be nice with Zealot's Oath?

I agree Vaal Totem can be annoying sometimes, but i think overall faster proj gives the bigger clearspeed increase - which does not make pierce a bad decision, if you enjoy playing with it, go for it.

"of Light" only triggers when you take a critical strike and even if it triggers it only creates a little zone you would have to stay in to continue receiving the regen. the main reason i do not have zealot's oath allocated on my summoners is that i like the 1% life regen for when i weapon swap to check the gems i level in off weapons. (when you weapon swap the auras in your prism guardian turn off.) this is just a little comfort thing and not necessary at all, but thinking of how unreliable the "of light" enchant is, how tedious it can be to farm and what QoL i'd have to give up i decided for me personally not to take ZO.
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 8, 2018, 8:44:50 AM
If you want some Shield Regen, just replace a flask with The Sorrow of the Divine. Dont take ZO, it is a waste.
"
Alerie91 wrote:
If you want some Shield Regen, just replace a flask with The Sorrow of the Divine. Dont take ZO, it is a waste.

As always everyone can do whatever they want, but i strongly advise not to drop any flask in order to get Sorrow of the Divine - That would be a waste. What would you drop for it? A res flask that grants you a ton of max res, while max res gets more and more efficient the more you stack? the quicksilver that grants crazy clearspeed and ability to dodge things like shaper slam? basalt flask that got nerfed and is still arguably the most broken non-unique flask in the game? additionally you would loose a utillity mod. no. If you wanted that regen just pick up ZO for 1 node on the tree.
Well, I don't really care for 1% life regen since I switch my weapons only in the city since I have only 1 Midnight Bargain. Furthermore, ZO is really good when you have the 2% regen when hit boot enchant.
I was thinking about it because of Watcher's Eye (can't be ignited) so I think I'm going to choose the Immune to poison Pantheon. However, I can't get ES recovery when on burning ground or desecrated ground, so I thought, why not ZO?
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Alerie91 wrote:

As always everyone can do whatever they want, but i strongly advise not to drop any flask in order to get Sorrow of the Divine - That would be a waste. What would you drop for it? A res flask that grants you a ton of max res, while max res gets more and more efficient the more you stack? the quicksilver that grants crazy clearspeed and ability to dodge things like shaper slam? basalt flask that got nerfed and is still arguably the most broken non-unique flask in the game? additionally you would loose a utillity mod. no. If you wanted that regen just pick up ZO for 1 node on the tree.

maybe because I'm too much lazy, but last season with 7.5 shield, 3 purity, wicker & tv, I almost never used res flask and I jumped in middle at pack of mobs XD

1 - Bleed Removal (Basalt)
2 - Quicksilver
3 - Dont Need :D
Its my first time using a summoner build, and i'm enjoying it! But i have a question: you said we use 2 curses, one is enfeeble, which is the other one?
EDIT: And what about using Soul of Arakaali instead? (because of the ES rec. rate)
Optimus Prime: Jazz, organize a battle unit. We're going after them.
Jazz: Prowl. Trailbreaker. Wheeljack. Ironhide. Mirage. Sunstreaker. Sideswipe. Autobots, start your engines!
Optimus Prime: Let's roll!
Last edited by TigerJazz on Jan 8, 2018, 4:59:09 PM
"
TigerJazz wrote:
Its my first time using a summoner build, and i'm enjoying it! But i have a question: you said we use 2 curses, one is enfeeble, which is the other one?
EDIT: And what about using Soul of Arakaali instead? (because of the ES rec. rate)

I believe the second curse is lvl 10 elemental weakness by corrupting your midnight bargain

"
Schizo87 wrote:
"
TigerJazz wrote:

I believe the second curse is lvl 10 elemental weakness by corrupting your midnight bargain

Oh, i see... but i can't find any M.B with ele weak corruption and 3 blues linked ... :/
So i think i'll save the 4 points of "Whispers of Doom" to put in somewhere else, and use a MB with Culling Strike.
Also, how useful is "Conqueror's Eff." ? I feel that i don't need this jewel at all and so, save 3 points of the jewel socket to gain more ES in the tree...
Optimus Prime: Jazz, organize a battle unit. We're going after them.
Jazz: Prowl. Trailbreaker. Wheeljack. Ironhide. Mirage. Sunstreaker. Sideswipe. Autobots, start your engines!
Optimus Prime: Let's roll!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info