[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

controlled destruction vs. pierce - thoughts?
Why do you not use discipline anymore? I remember you used to. Can you please explain to me? Thanks for the guide i've been using it for a couple years now
Which Watcher's Eye is combined with this build?
Wasn't there a leveling build here that uses necro aegis and stacks regen on zombies? I can't find any mention of it now.
Which ascendancy do you go for this build?

Nevermind it was attached in the pastebin. I just opened it with Path of Building
Last edited by slayerdx on Nov 23, 2018, 2:26:54 AM
I really want to do a summoner for the upcoming 3.5 betrayal league, so is this build viable to do as a league starter? Also how much extra es should I shoot for on each item? Never done an es char before
"
phatschtuff wrote:
controlled destruction vs. pierce - thoughts?

controlled destruction gives mroe damage, but it's obviously a blue gem, so if you want to use it you need 5 blue 1 green on your shav's, which means you can not use faster projectiles in your clear setup. faster proj speeds up the build's map clear by a lot and we do not have problems with killing bosses anyway, so i decided to go with 2 green sockets. but if you just want to maximize boss dps controlled destruction is definitely the better option. if you have a shav's with a white socket you can have both ofc. ;)
"
Porenta wrote:
Why do you not use discipline anymore? I remember you used to. Can you please explain to me? Thanks for the guide i've been using it for a couple years now

i do still use discipline, if it is missing in any setups that's an editing error on my part, what made you think i do not use discipline?
"
Which Watcher's Eye is combined with this build?

there are a lot of options since we use a lot of auras. i like faster start of ES recharge while affected by discipline a lot, also i'm a big fan of permanent freeze immunity while affecting by purity of ice. you could also drop arctic armour for a clarity to make use of the "gain x% mana as extra ES" mod, tho that will be a survivabillity downgrade in some cases involving physical damage.

I do not want to call out anything as "the best watcher's eye mods" for the build, they tend to get pricy even if demand is not that high and i do not want to point people to an unnecessarily expensive jewel that is not even optimal. just watch out for a watcher's eye that is affordable and sounds like it comes in handy. Phasing while affected by haste? sounds nice, also very useful while delving. immune to burning ground while affected by purity of fire? cool, now burning ground doesn't interrupt my ES recharge any more. Physical damage taken as elemental damage while affected by a purity? well, i got 83%+ ele resists. immune to shock while affected by purity of lightning? who wouldn't want that? the list goes on. ;)
"
Rivx wrote:
Wasn't there a leveling build here that uses necro aegis and stacks regen on zombies? I can't find any mention of it now.

I'm afraid you mean an other build, i never recommended to level that way - not saying it is bad, but i prefer to level with SRS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info