[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I really love your guide and my little golemancer!

[edit:] problem solved: my fault... ive found out what ive done wrong. clarity 20... sorry
Last edited by BloodyHawl on Mar 18, 2017, 5:05:31 AM
A little thing i found useful, Helm enchant which increases Golem buffs

+

= nice results. iam getting 25% ph. dmg reduction. Of course you can combine it with which ever golem buff you want, Stone golem + zealot skill nets nice results aswell (or just one of the other golems for more dmg)
If you combine this with some Primordial Eminence jewels its getting ridicilous. If taken to the extrem you would end up pretty much immortal (but you lose some dmg of course) http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Primordial_Eminence

And you find crafting decent jewels with minion speed a pain in the ass? Just link a convocation gem to a cast when dmg taken :)
Last edited by Mieep on Mar 21, 2017, 7:27:07 AM
Hi this is my gear
Spoiler

U have to level the gem.
The next step is to buy a good crystal belt and maybe an higher es chest. Someone can give some advice ? Especially on the next points on tree
"
Mieep wrote:
A little thing i found useful, Helm enchant which increases Golem buffs

+

= nice results. iam getting 25% ph. dmg reduction. Of course you can combine it with which ever golem buff you want, Stone golem + zealot skill nets nice results aswell (or just one of the other golems for more dmg)
If you combine this with some Primordial Eminence jewels its getting ridicilous. If taken to the extrem you would end up pretty much immortal (but you lose some dmg of course) http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Primordial_Eminence

And you find crafting decent jewels with minion speed a pain in the ass? Just link a convocation gem to a cast when dmg taken :)

Great find :)

How do you end up with 25% physical reduction, can't figure out the math?
If level 23 (base 20 + 3 from ring) Chaos Golem gives 5% physical reduction, you increase the buff 125% (100% from helmet and 25% from ring).
5 * 2,25 = 11,25%

Stone Golem buff is extremely nice and with helmet enchant + ring + x Primordial Harmonies would end in extreme regen. Can be very handy in labyrinth or long dot boss fights.

Just losing even 1 Golem hurts dps pretty bad, 1 link Golem pretty much just dies or idles in fights and steals useful golem slots. Elementalist can have more Golems and dualwield Clayshapers but shield with Necromantic Aegis is more useful imho.

Convocation in Cwdt is nice but can also work against you. If you are far from Boss in fight and take some accidental damage, teleporting all minions on your location can mean instant death.

"
maclarca wrote:
Hi this is my gear
SpoilerShow

U have to level the gem.
The next step is to buy a good crystal belt and maybe an higher es chest. Someone can give some advice ? Especially on the next points on tree

Your build is massively different from my own so I can only give some general hints.

Your build seems standard ES tank / glasscannon build which is pretty expensive to run. Elementalist loses defence compared to Necromancer as it wont get any bonus from Offering. This plus dual-wielding Clayshapers makes your block chance very minimal. I would run only defensive curses like Temporal Chains, Enfeeble and Projectile Weakness (Knockback can keep mobs away). You need good positioning and kiting during fights as tanking without block, dodge or leech is out of question.

Dps might be ok with 6x Flame Golems, but Elemetalist loses tons of minion damage nodes from Necromancers tree. I would run 6x Empowers in alt weapon slots to get Empower lvl 4 as soon as possible to boost Golems damage and life.

Stacking ES on gear is extremely important and I would try to get minion speed on both rings and amulet as moving your minions fast between boss and you can keep you alive. Rare stuns without chayula can be removed with 1x "Kiara's Determination" flask

Try to get "Zealot's Oath" from tree asap as your life is already 1 and you have some regen on tree.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 21, 2017, 8:33:09 PM
"

If level 23 (base 20 + 3 from ring) Chaos Golem gives 5% physical reduction, you increase the buff 125% (100% from helmet and 25% from ring).
5 * 2,25 = 11,25%

Stone Golem buff is extremely nice and with helmet enchant + ring + x Primordial Harmonies would end in extreme regen. Can be very handy in labyrinth or long dot boss fights.

Just losing even 1 Golem hurts dps pretty bad, 1 link Golem pretty much just dies or idles in fights and steals useful golem slots. Elementalist can have more Golems and dualwield Clayshapers but shield with Necromantic Aegis is more useful imho.

Convocation in Cwdt is nice but can also work against you. If you are far from Boss in fight and take some accidental damage, teleporting all minions on your location can mean instant death.

Thats my total physical damage reduction including eminence jewels and some armor found randomly on my gear.

A level 23 (24 if corrupted) Golem pretty much cant die with enough primordial harmonys stacked, my elemental golems are also completly immune to elemental damage.

I switched the ascendancy from necro to elemetalist because of:

+1 to Maximum number of Golems
40% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem

Your Elemental Golems are Immune to Elemental Damage
100% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Elemental Golems

This one little node is more powerful then the complete necromancer ascendancy tree in my opinion... but all in all the ascendancy doesnt make much difference but it frees lots of skillpoints from the minion nodes i dont need anymore which i can spend in my personal survivability and even more jewel slots.

Last edited by Mieep on Mar 22, 2017, 3:45:52 AM
"
Mieep wrote:
"

5 * 2,25 = 11,25%

Thats my total physical damage reduction including eminence jewels and some armor found randomly on my gear.

A level 23 (24 if corrupted) Golem pretty much cant die with enough primordial harmonys stacked, my elemental golems are also completly immune to elemental damage.

This one little node is more powerful then the complete necromancer ascendancy tree in my opinion... but all in all the ascendancy doesnt make much difference but it frees lots of skillpoints from the minion nodes i dont need anymore which i can spend in my personal survivability and even more jewel slots.

Agree . Elementalist is broken with golem. U can run a phoenix with Shitty MOD, enter the arenss, die , then go to pick coffee or food and leave the golem kill while u eat...

Also think that 4flame and two others types deals more damage then 6 flame golem. Maybe for mapping 6 flame is better for clear speed but for bosses I don't think.
"
maclarca wrote:
"
Mieep wrote:
"

5 * 2,25 = 11,25%

Agree . Elementalist is broken with golem. U can run a phoenix with Shitty MOD, enter the arenss, die , then go to pick coffee or food and leave the golem kill while u eat...

Also think that 4flame and two others types deals more damage then 6 flame golem. Maybe for mapping 6 flame is better for clear speed but for bosses I don't think.

The Elemental immune node is very amazing, some bosses like Uber Atziri cant even touch the golems and you dont have to worry about elemental reflect maps. For the very highest tier of maps (t16 + shaper + uber) elementalist is the king. Elementalist is best if you have to farm tons of guardians or uber atziris in a row.

But it comes with a price, elementalists chance to level up with dual clayshapers is very slim after level 92-93 if maps are just ran blindly. I'm lvl 97 and heading for 98 with enough defense from necromancer to stop dying. My defences are right now:

Meatshields :
- 4x Flame Golems (Level 27, 7.5% Regen + 4% near ag)
- 6x Zombies (Level 26, 3.5% Regen + 4% near ag)
- 1x Animate Guardian (Level 25, 7.5% Regen)
Minion block chance is (20% jewels + 25%shield + 8% tree + 35% Offer = 88% Block)
Minion spell block chance is ((88% * 0.6 (Rathpith) = 52.8%) + 34% offer = 86.8% Spell block)
All ele res are capped, block capped using "Rathpith" shield in hard bosses.

My protections
- Block chance
* (35% Offer + (37% Rumi * 1.3 flask nodes) = 48.1) = 83.1% Block
* (34% Offer + (20% Rumi * 1.3 flask nodes) = 26%) + 20.7% rainbowstrides = 80.7% Spell Block
- Phase Run (80% Aggro drop)
- Decree of Reflection (Enchant on gloves that casts additional decoy minion on damage taken)
- 75% Temporal Chains
- 25% Hinder (Animated Guardian)
- 4% Regen (Animated Guardian)
- Stun Immune (2x Kiara's)
- 30% Physical reduction (Rumi's with flask nodes)

Listing changes to main build when all is done, you can check gear from profile atm.

Btw found something interesting :
using this shield all minions will gain AOE chill whenever they block. With 75% Temp Chains, 25% Hinder and Chill, some enemies seem to stop completely as they have too much slow to move, not sure if bug or not.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 22, 2017, 8:28:09 AM
I don't want to level after 92/93 but only want to farm, so elementalist is the choice. U can run a mf and farm phoenix/ shaper with high quantity and shirty mod. I think go after 93 is not profitable
I have followed ZiggyD's videos and wondering if I should do yours this time around. The biggest question I have is with respects to ascendancy. I have always done Necromancer but starting to feel that Elementalist might be a better way to go with duel Clayshappers. That will give me 6 golems and I feel that I can clear screens when I only had 4.

Do you think it's worth it? Especially with immunities on the elementalist side.
"
dsata wrote:
I have followed ZiggyD's videos and wondering if I should do yours this time around. The biggest question I have is with respects to ascendancy. I have always done Necromancer but starting to feel that Elementalist might be a better way to go with duel Clayshappers. That will give me 6 golems and I feel that I can clear screens when I only had 4.

Do you think it's worth it? Especially with immunities on the elementalist side.

It depends solely on purpose :

Elementalist is better at Guardians, Shaper and Uber Atziri as bosses can't harm Golems and you can just die at beginning of fight and wait 5-7 mins for boss to die. Its extremely effective boss farmer and costs less to make guardian viable.

Necromancer is better at defense and map clear. You can use offerings both defensively and offensively depending on playstyle and minion damage nodes from ascendancy result in higher total minion damage. Necromancer needs some gearing to keep minions alive in all boss fights, but can be done. I like the addition of running Animate Guardian and Zombies for extra utility and meatshield, which Elementalist can't do.

If you want to farm endgame bosses T16-17 fast and easy, Elementalist is better choice.
If you want to run random maps T12-15 and still level up, Necromancer is better choice.
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 22, 2017, 3:34:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info