[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Chameleon wrote:
Is it possible to run a golem build without 15+Ex worth of unique jewels?

I really want to run a firegolem build but I cant afford the jewels. :-(

Sure, just go Elementalist for extra Golem, dual Clayshaper, get a skin of the loyal, empower level 3 and at least 6+ jewels with Minion damage related stats, take all % of Minion life regnerated nods + maximum life increase in the skill tree and your fine up to t12-14. You will need an damage skill to guide your golems a bit but they will do fine.
Last edited by Mieep on Mar 25, 2017, 4:31:12 AM
"
bewmorg wrote:

Video quality is superb.

Thanks, I'll be using these settings in future :)

"
Chameleon wrote:

Is it possible to run a golem build without 15+Ex worth of unique jewels?

I really want to run a firegolem build but I cant afford the jewels. :-(

In the end Golemancers are fun and safe build to run so it pays off to save the currency :)

Iit really depends on if you can work with other kind of summoner while saving currency. "Pure" Golemancer really needs both Anima Stone and Primordial Might or you will get really weak, babysitting experience with poor damage and defensive AI. Pure Golemancer without other minions can't be done without at least Anima Stone or it takes ages to clear maps.

Elementalist sure gets the job done, but pretty weakly imho, problems are :

1) You lose other minions
* Golems will remain defensive if not using the Might, so 1-2 extra golems doesn't mean much in quality of life.
2) You will lose damage
* Necromancer has huge amount of minion damage nodes that elementalist wont get from anywhere
3) You lose Bone Offer for yourself
* You will have to drop free 35/34 block as with elementalist it wont effect you. Also running just +1 golem doesn't matter much so propalby running 2x Clayshaper is the way as it seems to be the most common. So chance to block will be next to nothing. Using 2x Clayshapers also makes Rainbowstrides worthless.

Good thing is that you can farm bosses as much as you like and its cheaper to make. But clearing maps and leveling is hard.

Check my guides leveling selection. I have guide about how to make Zookeeper build till you get enough currency to buy Anima Stone. Skill tree is very similar to final, so not much respeccing in the end.

Each Specter is equal to Flame Golem and the zookeeper runs 3x of them, they also have great aggressive AI from the start. It runs also 2x Flame Golems, 9x Zombies and 1 Animate Guardian so damage and defense as meatshields are great.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 25, 2017, 1:46:34 PM
sorry if I jump on this thread but
first of all this is an amazing guide not only for a noob like me, step by step explained, well done.
my problem right now
with clayshaper's 2 Flame golems they always turn into stone golems after a while, it seems like when the FG took some damage. FG is socketed into 4L with Spell Echo, GMP and Minion Dmg supp gems.
I mean I just recast them, but that's annoying in a heavy fight.
Any idea what's wrong?
"
laurentiusiv wrote:
sorry if I jump on this thread but
first of all this is an amazing guide not only for a noob like me, step by step explained, well done.
my problem right now
with clayshaper's 2 Flame golems they always turn into stone golems after a while, it seems like when the FG took some damage. FG is socketed into 4L with Spell Echo, GMP and Minion Dmg supp gems.
I mean I just recast them, but that's annoying in a heavy fight.
Any idea what's wrong?

Thank you very much for support :)
Great to hear guide is easy to understand for newer players also.

I checked your links and your problem lies in your links on gear. I'll try to explain how it happens.
- Clayshaper has line "Grants level 12 Summon Stone Golem" which is a skill that you can find in your skill selection.
- The skill is affected by the gems linked to the gear that grant the skill, in this case "Clayshaper".
- Your skill list shows propalby "Summon Stone Golem" which has 2 links, CWDT and inc duration. The linked "CWDT" casts the lvl 12 "Stone Golem" everytime it triggers and casts "Bone offering"

In short
1. You take damage, "Clayshaper"s "Cast When Damage Taken" triggers.
2. CWDT casts both "Bone Offer" and "Stone Golem" which are both linked to it.
3. Summoned "Stone Golem" replaces "Flame Golem" as you can only have max 2 golems up.
4. After you take damage twice and cwdt casts twice, both "Flame Golems" are replaced with "Stone Golems"

You need to change CWDT on different item to not trigger "Stone Golem" also. I prefer boots in 4 link as you need to add "Desecrate" to the links to be able to use bone offer even without corpses near. Link order is explained in "Gems Links" part of guide.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 26, 2017, 6:47:10 PM
oh I see, that makes total sense.
thanks so much for your help, much appreciated!
Hi, fast question about Animated Guardian: why u pick The Bringer of Rain Nightmare Bascinet instead of Leer Cast Festival Mask (free +15% damage aura).
I tryed The Bringer of Rain Nightmare Bascinet and this dont works (Endurance charges not apear).
TY and ofc great respect to you and your work for this whole guide :)
"
Drakonorum wrote:
Hi, fast question about Animated Guardian: why u pick The Bringer of Rain Nightmare Bascinet instead of Leer Cast Festival Mask (free +15% damage aura).
I tryed The Bringer of Rain Nightmare Bascinet and this dont works (Endurance charges not apear).
TY and ofc great respect to you and your work for this whole guide :)

Hey and thank you very much :)

BOR was chosen as it gives AG :

- More block chance
- Damage boost
- Life
- Endurance charges

AGs purpose is to stay alive in almost all available maps, as it heals and draws aggro from other minions and you. if Necomancer happens to die during boss fight, AG continues to do most of its job as it heals, casts TC on hit and hinders enemies while being extra target to keep Golems alive. So I chose to maximize its tankiness without losing too many other positive effectives.

The endurance charges actually do work, but can be very difficult to notice. You can test it in Merciless, Act2 "The Southern Forest". Take just AG out and let it sit in pack of dozen apes withput your TC on. The charges will appear as it will block very often. Notice if you use Legacy BOR on AG it will have only 10% chance to get endurance charge compared to new 20%.

Of course when your AG is level 25 or 26 the BOR doesn't matter that much anymore. I just like to know for sure that it can survive anything except maybe Vaal Temple. Some build makers also have lost AG on early levels, so I encourage using BOR to prevent that happening.
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 27, 2017, 6:32:49 AM
Had an idea i cant test yet...

Can you combine a channeled spell like scorching ray (lvl 1, we just want the debuff) for -resists for your flame golems or wither for debuff movement with:

cast while channeling -> Desecrate-> Bone offering + increased duration to last over the 5 sec cooldown of desecrate for perma buff (as long your mana takes you^^)
Last edited by Mieep on Mar 28, 2017, 3:13:23 AM
"
Mieep wrote:
Had an idea i cant test yet...

Can you combine a channeled spell like scorching ray (lvl 1, we just want the debuff) for -resists for your flame golems or wither for debuff movement with:

cast while channeling -> Desecrate-> Bone offering + increased duration to last over the 5 sec cooldown of desecrate for perma buff (as long your mana takes you^^)

Thats awesome idea :D

Just tested it and it's keeping Bone Offer up longer than Desecrate takes to reload so its basically permanent. Only big problems is the need to be stationary during channeling, have to test it in map to see if its too dangerous. I tried to run 2x Spell Totems earlier with "Ancestral Bond" and links :
Spell Totem -> Arc -> Scorching Ray -> Faster casting
But totems died too often for my taste in high tier maps.

Wither uses "Hinder" also, so I don't think it will stack with Singularity's Hinder effect, but Scorching Ray is very useful as it doesn't trigger EE and lowers fire res.
Wait, it doesnt trigger EE? So no need to respec EE? It stacks the debuff? Wow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info