[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

If I have a Tabula Rasa do you think it's worth trying to reroll a Vis Mortis to try to get 5 links or so? I'm using Kitava's Herald spectres if that makes any difference.
"
gregnog wrote:
There are two different areas of the guide for Ascensions and they seem to be different.

Leveling Guide:
1. Commander of Darkness
2. Flesh Binder
3. Soul Weaver
4. Mistress of Sacrifice

Ascendancy at end:
- Spirit Eater
- Commander of Darkness
- Mistress of Sacrifice
- Beacon of Corruption

How come they are different? I am sitting in Aspirants Trial wondering :P

Hi!

The first Ascendancys are for leveling with specters as the 100% increased damage and life can make Specters carry you to high level maps before you get currency to "Anima Stone". When you get anima and can use 4x Golems, you can drops the Specters and respec the Specter Ascendancies and take endgame ones.

If you get quick questions, you can always pm me ^^

"
Hi! Why did you grab a notable on the tree that made it so that enemies can have an additional curse if you only use temp chains?

Hey!

The Animate Guardian can curse for you if you equip with "curse on hit" gloves. We need to take the extra curse line to not over-ride Animate Guardians Elemental Weakness immediately after it curses enemy.

"
it seems to me that whether u go elementalist or necro t15 and below will be quite ezpz. so to me it matters more how the stuff that comes after goes. For that reason I want to go Elementalist and run 10 harmonies in a 4-1-1 setup for 600% increased golem damage to easily compete with necro pure flame setup dps, but also 20% regen per sec + immunity to ele to give golems massive survivability.

my current planned tree

what I want to know is do you think this would be the best way to go about it? another 11-12 pts that can easily be allocated because it is a low lvl tree but I'm not sure where I would put them. So far these look like my options:

More energy shield from either the Foresight or Unnatural Calm wheel
Minion dmg/cast speed from Death Attunement + Lord of the Dead
Method to the Madness wheel (chaos res 4 hybrid)
Life from the constitution cluster
Reduced Mana Reserved nodes

Or is the tree too fundamentally flawed (i.e not enough EHP even with high-end gear) for this to work, because I'm still not sure how the ES changes feel yet.

I've played a couple golemancers in the past so I'm familiar with the playstyle and don't need the tankiness of Necro, which I would still recommend over Elementalist to anyone just getting into this build.

Hi :)

As you said Elementalist is great DPS boost for Golems when you are familiar with them. It makes endgame accessible much earlier and Golems will be almost immortal. Surviving fights will be lot trickier with lower defenses if you are not used to boss tactics or just farm while dead.

Your tree looks ok on jewes, but i would definitely go hybrid stronger. Elementalist benefits from many great ES items and you can reach close to 7,5-8,5k EHP with t2 roll gear. I have 10,5 EHP in standard but I have legacy gear.

Can't make exact tree as I don't know what items / links you will be using, but if you want to use TC and Infernal Mantle, I would suggest going deeper into left side of the tree and maybe drop most of the pure HP nodes. The Templar nodes are great as they give regen, ES and actual health.

The life nodes with chaos resistance are also very valuable if you try to raise chaos res.

High level Temporal Chains is one of the key defenses for both Necromancer and Elementalist and basically needs "The Vertex" which is high ES item. Infernal Mantle works extremely good with it if you just take all reduction nodes from my tree and squeeze Discipline and Temporal chains to over low mana.

"Presence of Chayula" would definitely be BIS for amulet and make hybrid very tanky. You can also skip most chaos resistance on other gear after you get it if you are using "The Vertex".

If you wont be using Victarios Charity, your problem will most likely by Golems cast speed. Minion nodes are not the best damage source with all Harmonies around, but they are best cast speed boost after frenzy charges. If you got friend with Golemancer to run with, he/she can use the Victarios Charity to share charges with your Golems and maximize DPS.

"
If I have a Tabula Rasa do you think it's worth trying to reroll a Vis Mortis to try to get 5 links or so? I'm using Kitava's Herald spectres if that makes any difference.

I think Tabula Rasa is better than Vis Mortis for DPS. The Energy shield loss it pretty big, so you have to be bit more careful.

Later when you get Flame Sentinels again, you can actually make cheap 5 link with

and put Flame Sentinels there. Links are :

Raise Specter -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> Greater Multiple Projectiles

You can use 3-4 linked Vis mortis for other minions with it and get good ES and still have effective 5 link Specters with 5 Specters up. Temporal Chains would suffer some, but can be relocated for as long as you want to run that setup.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 6, 2017, 8:16:54 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

And the last question: I don't understand this link:
Cast when damage taken > Desecrate > Bone Offering
As I can see in the game, it casts Desecrate, but not Bone Offering, so whats the point of using it? It doesnt help at all when you get hit? And yes, I double checked gems order. It still casts only Desecrate.
CWDT -> Desecrate -> Bone Offer -> Increased Duration

Must be in order for it to work. CWDT fires gems in order from left up -> Right up -> Right Down -> Left Down. Place Desecrate before Bone Offer and bone offer will have corpses to actually detonate.

Something that I discovered after trying this for a bit. Even if the order is right, you can still mess up the bone offering cast. The key is the LOCATION of the cast.

Because they are both targeted spells, they will cast onto where your cursor is. If you move your cursor, it may cast bone offering where your cursor moves to, therefore possibly even missing bone offering all together.

I noticed this the first time I equipped the gems linked, because not only did bone offering not cast on myself, but afterwards it stopped working all together and i would just cast desecrate at some remote location.

So keeping your mouse still or surrounding yourself with corpses everywhere seems to be the mechanic that has to be learned.
Hey there again!

I've made almost all the changes you suggested and you know, survival is WAY better. Bone Offering works as intended, but actually it frustrates me a bit that I can't cast it on demand.

"

Would not normal rare gloves give better ES and resistances than "Shaper's touch"?

Well, the thing is, I'm a new player (have no idea why I started Standard), thats why I'm kinda very low of resources. These gloves are VERY cheap for its stats. I mean, yes, rare gloves CAN provide more defences, but to get this about of ES i have to pay way more money. Besides, it gives you some huge boost to evasion rating (right now I have 20% evade, no idea if its big or not).

Now I have a new problem: I have nothing to do in fights. Actually I'm just watching things die and can press no button to help OR increase survival chances. Maybe its worth trying to add some active buffs or debuffs in ring sockets? I don't know — Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, anything. Staying in corner and praying for kill is fun first 2-3 times, but...

How much end-game can I do as Necro? Maybe I should switch to Elementalist to kill some hard bosses?
Do you always run with 4 fire gobems or do you use 1 stone golem as you get x amount extra damage for each different type of golem you summon?
I haven't tested it so not sure how this work?
Am I supposed to run with 4 fire golems or 3 fire golems and 1 stonegolem you get from clayshaper?
hi, would you genuinely class this as one of the best witch builds right now in terms of dps/and defence.

I want something that can clear pretty much anything out there.

I have a 90 necromancer that I was going to respec into this build

"
aolmenki wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

And the last question: I don't understand this link:
Cast when damage taken > Desecrate > Bone Offering
As I can see in the game, it casts Desecrate, but not Bone Offering, so whats the point of using it? It doesnt help at all when you get hit? And yes, I double checked gems order. It still casts only Desecrate.
CWDT -> Desecrate -> Bone Offer -> Increased Duration

Must be in order for it to work. CWDT fires gems in order from left up -> Right up -> Right Down -> Left Down. Place Desecrate before Bone Offer and bone offer will have corpses to actually detonate.

Something that I discovered after trying this for a bit. Even if the order is right, you can still mess up the bone offering cast. The key is the LOCATION of the cast.

Because they are both targeted spells, they will cast onto where your cursor is. If you move your cursor, it may cast bone offering where your cursor moves to, therefore possibly even missing bone offering all together.

I noticed this the first time I equipped the gems linked, because not only did bone offering not cast on myself, but afterwards it stopped working all together and i would just cast desecrate at some remote location.

So keeping your mouse still or surrounding yourself with corpses everywhere seems to be the mechanic that has to be learned.

Interesting note, I have such low sense I never noticed it. It should not be very specific about targeting and there are usually plenty of corpses on screen to trigger offering :)

Btw, I Checked your twitch and it looks very nice! Your defenses and minions could use some tweaking if I may suggest? You character is private but what I could see from your inventory :

- 2x Golems and Zombies is not very powerful combo, It's much stronger to run 3-5 "Flame Sentinel" Specters at your level. Vis Mortis gives lots of ES and +1 Specter, one is available from "Midnight Bargain" wand with extra zombie and one from "Bones of Ulr" boots. All items cost about 1 chaos and good even in maps.

- You have more live than ES, which is pretty strange with the skill tree and gear. I have already more EHP on much lower level. Maybe taking some ES gear and nodes can help?

Anyway cool stream and I wish you luck ^^

"
Hey there again!

I've made almost all the changes you suggested and you know, survival is WAY better. Bone Offering works as intended, but actually it frustrates me a bit that I can't cast it on demand.

"

Would not normal rare gloves give better ES and resistances than "Shaper's touch"?

Well, the thing is, I'm a new player (have no idea why I started Standard), thats why I'm kinda very low of resources. These gloves are VERY cheap for its stats. I mean, yes, rare gloves CAN provide more defences, but to get this about of ES i have to pay way more money. Besides, it gives you some huge boost to evasion rating (right now I have 20% evade, no idea if its big or not).

Now I have a new problem: I have nothing to do in fights. Actually I'm just watching things die and can press no button to help OR increase survival chances. Maybe its worth trying to add some active buffs or debuffs in ring sockets? I don't know — Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, anything. Staying in corner and praying for kill is fun first 2-3 times, but...

How much end-game can I do as Necro? Maybe I should switch to Elementalist to kill some hard bosses?

With decent gear you should be able to do all bosses up to T15. The higher the Temporal Chains get, easier the maps get also even while their tier is raising. With 4 Golems and decent Energy Shield gear you should not have any problems before T15.

The T16 and specific bosses need more gearing to keep you alive. Elementalist faces same problems with gearing, but can farm higher tier bosses earlier while dead. Both Ascendancies are finally able to do Guardians, but Necromancer stays alive better with higher defenses.

Build is pretty passive to play and once all defenses are maxed you can do this in battle :
- Play inventory Tetris
- Kick barrels
- Open Chests

But really, you can use Vaal skills to interact more ;)

Vaal Grace is nice, but doesn't stack well with block chance.

Vaal Discipline is nice heal, but not instant and doesn't give more ES anymore.

Vaal Summon Skeleton is most fun skill to use. It pops up tons of skeletons to draw aggro from you and will make targeting you almost impossible for 20-30 seconds. However all skeletons get charges instantly and that created some huge stress on server. Lag is not problem anymore, but you need to have pretty powerful PC to keep fps up. Don't ever use it in bigger parties though, or you can kill the server.

"
Do you always run with 4 fire gobems or do you use 1 stone golem as you get x amount extra damage for each different type of golem you summon?
I haven't tested it so not sure how this work?
Am I supposed to run with 4 fire golems or 3 fire golems and 1 stonegolem you get from clayshaper?

Hey :)

4x Flame Golems is always the best option with Necromancer. You get more Golems shooting and actually doing damage, than just buffing others. Pure 6x Golems Elementalist with about 8-9x Primordial Harmonies benefits more about mixing Golem numbers.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 7, 2017, 1:05:33 PM
"
Demandrer wrote:
hi, would you genuinely class this as one of the best witch builds right now in terms of dps/and defence.

I want something that can clear pretty much anything out there.

I have a 90 necromancer that I was going to respec into this build

Hey :)

Defensively it's one of the safest build I have seen. Temporal Chains and other slow effects and aggro drops get ridiculously strong with higher levels. I just did t15 Breaches as test in standard and took almost no hits. The -75% Temporal Chains just stops enemies dead on track, and Golems killed mobs almost instantly. Guardians go down nicely with bit practice and I know that build followers have done Shaper deathless.

Clearspeed is good but not best as you cant really control Minion AI. Damage is good, about 400k against white mob with charges on minions. It wont melt T16 bosses very fast, but you have time to kite as they work the HP down.

This build is for very safe t14-t16 mapping with good DPS while using all mods in maps. All endgame bosses are doable, most pretty easy but there are still more boss farming focused builds.

I can run some map for you in standard if you pm me in-game :)
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 7, 2017, 1:20:17 PM
Hey man love the guide so far, I went the necro route because I die a lot so it has been helping. However how is in your guide you say you can get 3-4 golems. I can see getting an anima gives 1 more which is 3 for me. But how did you get another as a necro? Im the brokest person in this game so I can't drop 60+ c for a anima haha.
Hi

Bit confused looking at your gem setup:

CWDT-> Desecrate-> Bone offering-> Increased duration

CWDT trigger value is over 3000 Life.

My life is just over 1000, it is here were I'm confused.

Currently I'm battling to get colours as per your guide.

Cant get 2-Red , 1-Green and 1-Blue. Mine is 1-Red, 2-Blue and 1-Green.

Sequence is correct for Desecrate and Bone offering. I'm running through Chromes if it goes out of fashion.

HP is over 1000 and ES is 1100. Still die like fly spicily in act 10. Flame Sentinels don't last long.

What is the correct way to pick up Spectres for flame sentinels. They normally are cropped up were they die.

When do you start using Phase run?

I'm level 67 currently.
Last edited by jgundlach on Aug 7, 2017, 2:47:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info