Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

HHC Update: Ripped again at 89. T13, 8 mods, +monster crit, +cold damage, and something else. A barrage of 3-4 projectiles with crit did it, but I'm a little puzzled why my Immortal Call didn't trigger as it should have (I don't believe it was on cooldown). I'm wondering if it's because I had another CWDT at the same level?

"
mineperse wrote:
Hello,

Could you check out my golemancer and help it improve? So far I have cleared nearly everything till T15 which is pretty doable (inc life, dmg, curses etc), uber lab aint a proble either. Tryed a few guardians, couldn't do them deathless, it's for the first time at all that I made it that far, minotaur pretty much two shots the golems.

Thnaks in advice,
PhuckerG

Hey there, really sorry about the late reply. Honestly, deathless Guardians is just a matter of practice. You get the hang of it eventually. As for specific suggestions:

1) 20/20 your gems
2) Grind up a 6L
3) Use ES bases for gear
- If you insist on using Belly, that's fine, but the other pieces should ideally be +ES/ES%/life prefixes to make the most out of Melding and Written in Blood, which should give you more value EHP-wise than nodes like Barbarism and Tireless.

For Minotaur specifically, I recommend swapping in Empower and/or Minion Life to reduce the amount of resummoning. Minotaur, Uber Trio, and unlucky Overgrown Ruins are the three fights in the game that can be too much for Elementalist golems. I actually think it's better/safer for you to do Minotaur with Stone Golems.

"
Shariael wrote:
How about Necromantic Aegis and Malachai's Loop or Victario's Charity?

Edit: also how about droping minion passives for more jewwels?

Hey there. Both seem like interesting and potentially promising options. I'm a little doubtful whether the bonuses are worth more than another golem though, but I haven't tested myself, so I can't tell you for sure.

As for dropping minion passives, Lightning Golems scale really well with cast speed, so I consider those nodes to be worthwhile. As you're getting tons of Minion Damage Bonus from Harmonies already, I don't think adding one or two more will have as much effect as the cast speed nodes. POB appears to back this up as well. Since the current tree already takes most of the nearby jewel nodes, getting to a second jewel slot would be a stretch.

Testing will have to wait though. Late start to the league, my last rip, and real life stuff popping up means I'm running out of time to "beat the game" this league. So I'm going to be focusing on just playing for a while.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 4, 2017, 6:07:32 AM
I try Shaper at lvl 80, 3800 shield/ 1500HP/ 2/4 lab, tabula rasa, no cap resist. 1x anima, 1x might 9x harmony. Sure i die, but golems delete him. You need only 3 portals ...
Well, it's not something I encourage, but yeah, you can definitely serve Shaper a mouthful of cheddar. It's a golem build after all.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Quick question... the different passive trees, All appears to lack the sufficient stats to actually do what the build wants to do. I know its as simple as just, allocating some more points but...

Whats up with the massive lack of points?
"
battle00333 wrote:
Quick question... the different passive trees, All appears to lack the sufficient stats to actually do what the build wants to do.
(snip)
Whats up with the massive lack of points?

Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're referring to the lack of STR/DEX on gear in the POB trees.

Why the sample trees don't include stats on gear
The reason I don't include STR/DEX/resistances/etc. in the sample trees is because you have a lot more flexibility as far as how you want to get those stats. ES (and Life if you choose hybrid) don't have the same flexibility. You basically want ES/Life on every single piece of gear you can get it on, whereas you only need STR on 1 or 2 pieces of gear or else taken from the tree.

If I were to put STR on the sample belt the POB trees, some newer players might be confused and assume that you have to get it from that slot, when in practice you could get it from somewhere else depending on your current gear/preference (helm/ring/whatever has an open suffix).

Prefixes, Suffixes, and Gearing Flexibility
That said, there are certain slots that lend themselves to greater gearing flexibility, such as the belt slot. STR can appear as both an implicit and explicit affix here, so you can certainly use a Heavy Belt until you find/grind a Crystal Belt that has a hefty enough STR bonus to fill your needs.

Conversely, some slots can be less flexible. I recommend a Dream Fragments for this build, which, as a unique ring, kills half your ring flexibility for gearing (capping resists, etc). Boots are another example. Since you usually want movement speed, that's one less prefix slot you can dedicate to ES/Life. It's not a huge deal usually, since that still leaves you 2 other prefixes, but it's still something to think about.

"
I know its as simple as just, allocating some more points but...

You actually don't need to allocate extra points for STR/DEX once you have enough on gear and have filled out enough of your basic tree. You can check my current tree/gear in HHC: POB Pastebin. FYI, I took both +30 DEX nodes while leveling, but removed them after I got enough on gloves. Also, I'm not using Wrath yet, just leveling it, so more mana is unreserved for MoM.

Hope that helps!
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 17, 2017, 3:53:00 AM
"
Shariael wrote:

I've been doodling with POB a bit recently, and with my current test tree Victario's Charity with full Frenzy Charges would give Lightning Golems approximately 14% more DPS than a 2nd Clayshaper (assuming I've interpreted the calculations correctly). I will do some tests next weekend to see how it plays out against The Uncreated and post results.

I've also uploaded a few more conservative (with shield and a defensive curse) mapping vids from HHC:

T13 Beacon
T12 Plateau
T11 Shaped Racecourse
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 18, 2017, 12:27:12 PM
"
tomatopotato wrote:

Hope that helps!

That does help alot actually...
Glad to hear it, battle00333 :)

"
Shariael wrote:

Okay, I did some testing with Victario's Charity vs. dual Clayshaper (Youtube) and... it's still kind of murky :P I'm leaning towards the shield as slightly better overall. Check out the video if you want a long, boring explanation.

I'm pretty confident Malachai's Loop would be inferior to both Vic's and Clayshaper. The amount of spell damage bonus is nowhere near enough.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 20, 2017, 7:56:26 AM
hi
I think Malachai shield makes enemy shocked forever. Its too huge!!
I have tasted crit golem build(crit mult gem + malachai loop), that was not bad ∶p
"
kyui_ wrote:
hi
I think Malachai shield makes enemy shocked forever. Its too huge!!
I have tasted crit golem build(crit mult gem + malachai loop), that was not bad ∶p

Hmm, musta been really late when I was looking at the shield. The power charges totally didn't register in my brain until now. :o Alright, I'll do a few test runs with it and see what happens.

HHC Update:
Shaper down. Gonna try get some challenges out of the way before doing Uber A.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info