[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Might be a silly question, but what is MoM? I figure it must be related to Mana.
If you don't know, now you do.
"
sieusao17 wrote:
Hi, why don't we add some points to MoM and point to skill increase mana?

MoM doesn't work well with facetanking builds, especially self-cast ones. If you invest 8 points to get MoM and a couple of mana nodes, you will end up with 2500 mana. Since mana leech is not instant, your mana intake through leech is limited to 0.2*2500 = 500 mana. Add 120 mana regen and subtract 280 mana you spend casting and you will end up with approximately 340 extra ehp through MoM *per second*. In reality you will simply run out of mana and die because you won't be able to cast and leech.

If you are willing to sacrifice 8 points to get some extra health, just get more life nodes. Life cluster next to vaal pact gives 500+ hp which is instantly recoverable through leech.
"
Bommdiggity wrote:
Might be a silly question, but what is MoM? I figure it must be related to Mana.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter
Hey, nice build up to lvl39 now and having fun with it.
One question, actually two, are you still playing it and how has it progressed for you?

What is best CWDT level for this combo?
CWDT - Flame Golem - Lightning Golem - Immortal Call
Last edited by Dunkleosteus on Aug 14, 2017, 8:51:37 AM
"
Dunkleosteus wrote:
Hey, nice build up to lvl39 now and having fun with it.
One question, actually two, are you still playing it and how has it progressed for you?

Yes, I am still playing it and I am level 93 now. So far so good - the build is very strong. Hope to progress to guardians later this week, already got one T16 map but need to level my gems to 20/20 first.

"
What is best CWDT level for this combo?
CWDT - Flame Golem - Lightning Golem - Immortal Call

15/16/16/16, but this setup is for the end game final firestorm form. If you are leveling with flameblast totems, don't use CWDT to summon golems as you will not be hit very often, just summon them manually.
Added new video - T15 Core run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLjhNkDBYvw
Came here after you suggested this as a more end game oriented firestorm build. Looks pretty cool and I think I'll look into it. Is there a reason why you keep certain gems at certain levels and not just level them up as much as you can? (Sorry if it's a silly question, fairly new player, it's my first league/character).
"
Renoke wrote:
Came here after you suggested this as a more end game oriented firestorm build. Looks pretty cool and I think I'll look into it. Is there a reason why you keep certain gems at certain levels and not just level them up as much as you can? (Sorry if it's a silly question, fairly new player, it's my first league/character).

Arcane surge is kept low so it triggers on every cast and is always on

Cwdt is kept low so it triggers more often - lower levels require less damage taken to proc
Hey first off, nice build.

I have a question, do you have anything to trigger paragon of calamity?
How do you take fire damage, other than mobs hitting you to get 40% buff?
Other then cloak of flames (ignite is usless for this build?) i dont see how..

Also, i think this build is squishy? Do you get owned by hard hitting bosses?
Amulet of Xoph is currently 600 chaos, so thats not nice, but other than that build seems affordable.
"
dobri11111 wrote:
Hey first off, nice build.

I have a question, do you have anything to trigger paragon of calamity?
How do you take fire damage, other than mobs hitting you to get 40% buff?
Other then cloak of flames (ignite is usless for this build?) i dont see how..

The paragon of calamity is situational and doesn't need to be triggered on purpose. Its main utility is defense, there's plenty of damage without it.

"
dobri11111 wrote:
Also, i think this build is squishy? Do you get owned by hard hitting bosses?
Amulet of Xoph is currently 600 chaos, so thats not nice, but other than that build seems affordable.

The build is very tanky. Here's a short clip of me vs twinned T14 boss with 35% increased damage, attack speed and -9% max resists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6CpDnKDUcQ

The Xoph amulet is the end game chase item, very nice to have but is not required.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info