[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Wand enchants, 2 fire damage leeched as life, or one of that + one of something else?
"
Borow wrote:
Coming from the pewpew firestorm build, I would like to transition to this build.

My chest/boots/helm/gloves are ES based currently, what should I look for instead (apart from the hrimnor's resolve)?
Could you post some gear examples ?

Is the xop's amu worth the 600+ chaos current value ?
Is it easier (currency wise) to buy it for this value or buy some xoph's breachtone and run them for a chance to drop the amu ?

ES is useless, chase max life + resists + armour. For gear example you can look at my profile, I will update the guide later.

If you have the cash, I'd go for the xoph's ammy straight away. It makes huge difference.
"
areanu wrote:
Wand enchants, 2 fire damage leeched as life, or one of that + one of something else?

prefer spell or fire damage. more damage = more leeched life. i crafted leech because i had no other good options.
tyvm! :) i do believe i speak for all of us here when i say that we mostly just post our quetions, but all the help and advice and support is greatly appreciated.

huge huge help for starting out people like myself, and probably even more experienced players. thank you
"
I find it confusing that there is no leveling guide for the Firestorm build. There is however a guide for Flameblast Totems, which this guide is not about?
I think it would be a good idea to separate these two builds, to avoid confusion.

My advice is to beat the story using fb totems because they trivialise the boss fights and the content and respec into firestorm later on when you have the gear and enough points to get vaal pact. If you want to level with firestorm all the way, follow the final tree. Get all the nodes on the left side and move towards vaal pact.
Question: firestorm leveling build guide suggests slotting Chance to Ignite if you have 5 slots. But the firestorm build includes Elemental Focus which kills elemental ailments? Am I missing something there? Just a copypasta mistake from the flameblast text above? I assume that if you have a 5th socket, you should build toward the final firestorm build with either Fire Pen or Life Leech? Which would be preferable mid-game leveling (40s?)
"
Nareese wrote:
Question: firestorm leveling build guide suggests slotting Chance to Ignite if you have 5 slots. But the firestorm build includes Elemental Focus which kills elemental ailments? Am I missing something there? Just a copypasta mistake from the flameblast text above? I assume that if you have a 5th socket, you should build toward the final firestorm build with either Fire Pen or Life Leech? Which would be preferable mid-game leveling (40s?)

Chance to ignite gem is used for its "more fire damage" multiplier, not for ignites. It has 120% mana multiplier as opposed to 140% on the fire penetration gem so it is better for mana sustain, that's why i recommend it for leveling. Life leech gem is borderline useless without vaal pact.
Excellent, thanks for the answer.
Suggested skill gems for 6-link leveling (Tabula) would be appreciated. I've got Flameblast-Spell Totem- Controlled Destruction-Elemental Focus-Faster Casting-Chance to ignite

Sound ideal?
"
ducks wrote:
Suggested skill gems for 6-link leveling (Tabula) would be appreciated. I've got Flameblast-Spell Totem- Controlled Destruction-Elemental Focus-Faster Casting-Chance to ignite

Sound ideal?

yes this is optimal dps wise, you may also consider using increased aoe for faster map clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info