[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
Xirce wrote:
I thought this build is super tanky until i realized that just the right mod combinations can kill you easily and i am not even talking about things like Hexproof, no regen, no leech and stuff like that.

You just need a T14 Palace map with a combination of Enfeeble, Vulnerability and 50% more cast and attack time beside a few other things.

The map felt very safe until the boss teleported next to me and before he could end his "Touch of God" i was oneshoted. Ok, that went fast but next time i will be quicker. Well, again he teleported next to me and right away i was oneshoted again, it was pathetic.

Another thing i didnt expect was how it feels to die 2 times in a row at lvl 92, the lost in xp is quite a motivation killer.

just use a long duration / many charges anti-curse flask (i like sulphur flask with either extra charges or increased duration). yes, anti-curse flasks remove map mod curses as well.

"
Xirce wrote:

When it comes to a tanky build for the next league, what do you think of the interaction of CwDT, Unearth, Greater Multi and Spirit Offering in a Life/ES based build. This is like a big heal everytime you get hit. Have a look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077712. I can already see the nerfs coming.

yeah, i've seen that and tried it briefly, felt a bit sketchy compared to max block, but may have some potential.
"
DirtyDot wrote:

just use a long duration / many charges anti-curse flask (i like sulphur flask with either extra charges or increased duration). yes, anti-curse flasks remove map mod curses as well.

yeah, i've seen that and tried it briefly, felt a bit sketchy compared to max block, but may have some potential.

Damn, i even have a anti-curse flask but unfortunatly it is an instant life flask. I underestimated the curses again and will try to get a long lasting flask. Maybe even a mana flask, which last for like 14 secs.

Great to see that you already tried and tested the interesting heal setup.
It should be possible to get max Block with Bone Offering too.
Probably in another setup with CwDT, Desecrate, Bone Offering.
Since Spirit Offering is only used for the heal, Bone Offering can overwrite it every time.
Because of the order the piece of gear you put it in will be important.

This is theory, i dont know if it will work that well in reality.

If you put Bone Offering right behind Spirit Offering in a 6 link, you probably run out of corpses for it.

Hi guys, what is your tool tip damage, cast speed and duration of firestorm?

Enjoying the build but I still need better gear as I still die randomly in t7/t8s..

Thanks!
"
Chauncey wrote:

Enjoying the build but I still need better gear as I still die randomly in t7/t8s..

Thanks!

your characters tab is hidden
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Chauncey wrote:

Thanks!

Should be viewable now.
Last edited by Chauncey on Jan 29, 2018, 5:47:50 AM
"
Chauncey wrote:
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Chauncey wrote:

Thanks!

Should be viewable now.

you only have 5k life, that's too low. aim for at least 6k.
no life on both rings - replace emberwake with a good rare with cast speed and max life.
replace the conqueror's efficiency jewel with an abyss jewel with flat life and 2 damage mods. gloves with 100+ life should be fairly easy to obtain. rare amulet with life, cast speed and spell damage would be better than ngamahu tiki.

you have a warlord's mark ring but still have warlord's mark gem socketed - what for?

you've got watcher's jewel with life on hit but you are not running vitality aura so it doesn't work.

absolutely need to get the potency of will skill duration cluster - huge damage increase.

bone offering is level 1 - missing out a lot of chance to block and heal on block, get it to level 17 asap.

get life and mana regen lab enchant on boots.

flask selection is odd. quicksilver flask should not be needed with shield charge. the sorrow of the divine gimps your regen, useless. mana flask should not be needed unless running no regen maps. one life flask is enough. i'd use these: life, basalt, atziri, sulphur and either rumi's or silver.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Jan 29, 2018, 6:20:03 AM
"
DirtyDot wrote:

Wow, great response, thanks for the advice.

I respecced from a homebrew build into this and have overlooked some things. Ill start looking for the other items and get more life on there.

Thanks again.

"
Chauncey wrote:

Wow, great response, thanks for the advice.

I respecced from a homebrew build into this and have overlooked some things. Ill start looking for the other items and get more life on there.

Thanks again.

you need to level CWDT gem (to 15) connected to bone offering.
bone offering was the reason for switching from elementalist to necromancer and you are not using it.
"
Chauncey wrote:

Thanks!

Looks like you have 2 sockets free since you are not using Vigilant Strike.

You could combine Cast on Death with your Portal gem, this way you automatically get a portal where you die.

Or you could use Flame Dash (to move over obstacles) and a Lightning Golem for better cast speed.

Or you could use Culling Strike with your Orb of Storm in a 4 link and a Duration Gem together with Immortal Call. The use of a 1 or 2 lvl higher Arcane Surge would be possible.

Yeah, anti curse is must have these days.

Also one hidden killer mod is:
-reduce block by 40% in combination with some big monster buffer like (90% more dmg of this and that), suddenly chimera snakes destroy you

elemental reflect: can be annoying, but with pantheon and watchers eye it fine
hexproof: also annoying, but except on big bosses also fine
cannot regen: imo the worst, but removing bloodrage and adding 1 mana flask also fine, but annoying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info