[3.3] Low Budget - Animate Weapon Bowmancer

Im currently lvl 35 playing with this build, and i wanted to share my short leveling progress:
Leveling with this build is pretty painful and slow. We are skilling almost no damage early on, so we have to level to 60-63 with almost no dps. I was and am leveling with SRS + Summon zombie + Vaal summon zombie for some better clear/dps at bosses. I can highly recommend leveling with these. Asap i also took summon spectre + the unendig hunger unqiue jewel for some extra damage. The clear speed is pretty much okay with this setup. Besides the usual leveling uniques i would highly recommend these:

You should use a 5l cheap staff with a +1/+2 to socketed fire gems for a SRS setup

Sadimas touch and Perandus Blazon are also pretty good leveling uniques.
If you still feel like you are dealing not enough damage you can also use your animated weapon gem from time to time, early on you wont get enough weapons to drop but as you have to level the gem anyway it provides a little bit extra damage.
Last edited by OuZz on Aug 20, 2017, 10:38:05 AM
"
castor1214 wrote:
why Clarity in the chest

"Commander of Darkness" Ascendancy gives you and your minions 3% attack and cast speed per aura. Socketed in the chest for lower reservation, we dont need the mana regen. Going to add this explanation to the guide, thanks for the feedback!

"
OuZz wrote:
Leveling with this build is pretty painful and slow. We are skilling almost no damage early on, so we have to level to 60-63 with almost no dps.

At your level you should have around 9 damage nodes on the tree, so im a bit confused about that statement. SRS is usually a really good leveling skill for summoners. Do you maybe not use Melee Splash with it?

"
OuZz wrote:
Besides the usual leveling uniques i would highly recommend these

The staff you posted is good. But again im confused why you want to use Abberath's Horn for SRS, they dont do anything for SRS. A simple wand with cast speed and some resists would be something to pick.

If you tell me a bit more about why you have so much trouble, i can probably help you out.

Well its my first time playing with SRS and i just realized im dumb af lol. Thought spell damage would affect SRS and so on. Completely wrong gem setup. Welp xD
Clear speed is a lot better now xDD
So in your profile you are using a split arrow setup, while you are using lightning arrow in your video and build. What gem should we use? Also what was your gem setup for the lightning arrow in the video?

What do you think about using a 5l Staff with the SRS setup as a weapon swap, so we would have another 3 sockets in Shapers touch we could use for some other skills?
Last edited by OuZz on Aug 20, 2017, 1:18:07 PM
I was testing different bow skill setups, and i also tested ice shot again. And it turns out ice shot feels as good as lightning arrow in terms of clearing mobs. You can fully utilize Elemental Equilibrium with ice shot, so the final setup will be ice shot+onslaught+GMP+faster attacks while swapping the added cold socketed in the bow with added lightning. Im going to edit the guide later.

SRS instantly die when you weapon swap, so this is not an option.
Im sorry to be this annoying guy who always asks questions, but why has the ice shot to be level 1?
Update:
-Switched from Lightning Arrow to Ice Shot to make full use of Elemental Equilibrium. The map clearing feels as good as with LA.
-Now using Added Lightning instead of Added Cold for AW because of this.
-Switched from SRS to Mirror Arrow for the skill to use at the start of maps, does more damage and less likely to ignite enemies and kill steal them.

"
OuZz wrote:
Im sorry to be this annoying guy who always asks questions, but why has the ice shot to be level 1?

Dont worry mate. Ask as many questions as you want, that's what this thread is for.
Ice Shot doesnt have to be level 1, it's just to have lower mana cost. It may not really matter that much since a 4-linked level 20 one only costs 20 mana.
i see you allready pushed to lvl 92 in harbinger, how does t15 bosses feel? any of the guardian downed so far? maybe i´ll invest total 200c since i never played animated weapon so far and wanna give it a shot
Can you somehow kill atziri or shaper with this?
"
Boloso wrote:
how does t15 bosses feel? any of the guardian downed so far?

Trash mobs and most bosses are no problem even with only Minion Damage linked, so im testing some defensive skill setups to make them last for tougher bosses, Life Leech, Increased Duration, Minion Resists, Minion Life. Since i cant manually cast them, the ones i take into boss fights have to last for it. havent tried guardians so far, so i cant tell.

"
pawe1991 wrote:
Can you somehow kill atziri or shaper with this?

You mean Uber Atziri? i havent tried her or Shaper yet. Normal Atziri melts in a few seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info