[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Millennium wrote:
"
hedonist wrote:
"
Oilure wrote:
Does AG vanish if i get DC'd or logout? Will be expensive to give him all the gear :(

I'd love to make fun of you for thinking that it would, but to be perfectly frank your worries are completely legitimate^^

That being said, no it doesn't as long as you don't transfer your AG gem to your stash, or he dies, the AG retains his items through different sessions of game.

Basically a DIY Spectre then? Why do you give it two dyadus tho?

Dyadus increases the burning damage a monster takes when chilled, it also provides the said chill on hits with the dyadus in the offhand. We use it because this also happens to be the damage of our preferred spectres. Potentially tripling your damage output against bosses is simply too good to pass up^^
"
Ulrira wrote:
So as long as there is no desecrate patch... Where can I actually go to try and get vanguards? I heard Overgrown Ruin, but anywhere lower too?
Overgrown Ruin for Vanguards and Wickermen, Colonade has Wickermen sometimes. If you hang about in global 6666, you'll see folks offer portals to maps with various minion types.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Millennium wrote:
"
hedonist wrote:
"
Oilure wrote:
Does AG vanish if i get DC'd or logout? Will be expensive to give him all the gear :(

I'd love to make fun of you for thinking that it would, but to be perfectly frank your worries are completely legitimate^^

That being said, no it doesn't as long as you don't transfer your AG gem to your stash, or he dies, the AG retains his items through different sessions of game.

Basically a DIY Spectre then? Why do you give it two dyadus tho?
For this specific line in the description:

Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage.

So, every time your AG chills a monster, you get a bunch of extra burning damage for all your minions dealing fire damage - which is our case, is all of them. It can boost your damage output by nearly 70% on Shaper.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Oct 17, 2017, 4:44:54 AM
I hope that Desecrate fix comes soon, they said early this week and it is already Tuesday... my Necro can do only so much with 4 lvl 66 Wickerman. Clear speed is already bad in lvl 74 maps.

TBH, map clearing speed seems bad. Do you think going frost sentinels is an option?
"
Varskar wrote:
TBH, map clearing speed seems bad. Do you think going frost sentinels is an option?

What do you mean? I use 3 wickermen for clearing and the clear speed is literally as fast as my whirling blades speed is with offering up - meaning I clear a map exactly as quick as I can go from point A to Z. My Wicker's always "port" to me when I get too far ahead and if they for some reason don't (like 5% of the time) then I just convocate them to me. It's literally as quick as I can move through a map.

I finally got wicker and vanguards from shapers realm and anything up to T16 melts immediately when the wicker appear.

I would personally put this in the fast to very fast clearing category. The only thing holding me back from going quicker is well....more attack speed.
I mean that T14 coves video makes me think this setup is painfully slow. I used to play golems and wanted to try something different with similar if not better pace and better survi. AoE seems bad. With golems I could literally always run and shit died anyway. What makes this setup better than sentinels? I mean, I don't want to farm guardians or anything like this. I want to clear maps very quickly.
Last edited by Varskar on Oct 17, 2017, 11:20:33 AM
"
Varskar wrote:
I mean that T14 coves video makes me think this setup is painfully slow. I used to play golems and wanted to try something different with similar if not better pace and better survi. AoE seems bad. With golems I could literally always run and shit died anyway. What makes this setup better than sentinels? I mean, I don't want to farm guardians or anything like this. I want to clear maps very quickly.

Ah yeah golems speed was pretty great I will admit. Wickermen you kinda need to rely on their "inverted RF' so I just whirl into the middle of a pack, 1 or more warps to me, and they immediately melt. It's a little less safe then golems with projectiles but with inc aoe the range is really solid (especially fi you run 3 of them). We have tons of survival too so you don't have to play super safe.
I still think I want sentinels instead. Can I use them (cold ones) and still faceroll maps? This tree will work? Are they even any better than golems?
Do you have to get Solidity notable on the passive tree if you go for necro aegis?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info