[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

THIS IS HOW I HAVE BEEN GETTING CURRENT SPECTERS:

Honestly the best way to get both wicker and vanguard's atm is probably shaper. I wouldn't recommend trying this unless you have a backup char that can reliably clear shaper or you're desperate and have money to blow. What I did was pop a shaper set, then spam for up to 10 minutes. If I didn't see a single vanguard or wickerman then chances are you aren't getting any in this run. Out of 6 sets I got them in 5 though. It's pretty high due to the massive variety of stuff in shapers realm. I then summoned what I needed and logged my other char to finish off the run as my summoner at the time wasn't ready for shaper.

Oh another note, if either of them appear then keep going. I've always gotten both as long as 1 appears on the list.

It was definitely worth it though. You notice a big difference with the new specters compared to before the change. It's just a massive pita to get them. Once I got these badboys though it's been a complete breeze running anything. Or just use whatever level ones you can get until the patch coming that'll fix it.
Last edited by coaa on Oct 17, 2017, 5:06:31 PM
"
Varskar wrote:
Is it worth to get 21 lvl spectres?

I wanna know this too..2% "more damage" for a level 21 seems a lot of damage to me. There are tree jewels with just a little "increased damage" and are 4 exalts or more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6V5AUyVmA
Easiest T16 In my life (Hardcore Viable)
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
There seems to be a little misunderstanding about the usefulness of a dual dyadus AG. The new chill mechanic requires that you hit the enemy for 0.2% of its life in order to chill it, the last line of Dyadus reads "Chill Enemies for 1 second on Hit with this Weapon when in Off Hand", which means that the chill duration is not base on the damage that cause the chill.

Icetomb reads "150% increased Chill Duration on Enemies". This means that whenever the AG chills an enemy, the enemy stays chilled for 2.5 seconds.

Dyadus also have a line that reads "Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage", by wielding dual Dyadus, the enemy takes (effectively a more multiplier) 200% more damage.

What this all means is that whenever your AG lands a hit, that enemy takes 300% burning damage from all sources for 2.5 seconds. This is why melee splash is an important gem in your AG setup.

I don't understand that logic. The only things that live longer than 5 seconds with T17 spectres are T16+ bosses. And out of those, there are literally zero bosses that have several targets - aside from dual vaal and uber trio - but those still need to be burned down one by one.

What's the point of melee splash against guardians/atziri/shaper? Your AG shouldn't even be able to reach any targets aside from those listed.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
There seems to be a little misunderstanding about the usefulness of a dual dyadus AG. The new chill mechanic requires that you hit the enemy for 0.2% of its life in order to chill it, the last line of Dyadus reads "Chill Enemies for 1 second on Hit with this Weapon when in Off Hand", which means that the chill duration is not base on the damage that cause the chill.

Icetomb reads "150% increased Chill Duration on Enemies". This means that whenever the AG chills an enemy, the enemy stays chilled for 2.5 seconds.

Dyadus also have a line that reads "Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage", by wielding dual Dyadus, the enemy takes (effectively a more multiplier) 200% more damage.

What this all means is that whenever your AG lands a hit, that enemy takes 300% burning damage from all sources for 2.5 seconds. This is why melee splash is an important gem in your AG setup.

I don't understand that logic. The only things that live longer than 5 seconds with T17 spectres are T16+ bosses. And out of those, there are literally zero bosses that have several targets - aside from dual vaal and uber trio - but those still need to be burned down one by one.

What's the point of melee splash against guardians/atziri/shaper? Your AG shouldn't even be able to reach any targets aside from those listed.

For party play and tough rares. AG might not decide to hit the high-hp target. Splash helps with that.
"
yissus wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:

I wanna know this too..2% "more damage" for a level 21 seems a lot of damage to me. There are tree jewels with just a little "increased damage" and are 4 exalts or more.
End of the day you've got to decide if you find it worthile.

The main reason a 20/20 raise specter is good enough is because the gem itself is based on the monster you raised. Where amimate weapon, summon raging spirits, zombies all are based on gem lvl for damage. Hence why people mainly don't care about a 21/20 specter gem as highly as the other summons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gx-zbqmUQ
Path of Exile Full Shaper Run Raise Spectre 3.0.2
*No TV and WM -.- its my second runn and no spectre. Hope so GGG add fix patch on days.
"
Natt wrote:
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

For party play and tough rares. AG might not decide to hit the high-hp target. Splash helps with that.

TBH, the only time AG is notable is for guardian/shaper and probably vaal/uber atziri (not tried her yet since I'm using Necro Aegis and kinda scary <.<). Other bosses are no big deal whether AG is up or not.

And I think at least a few others and I've been done Shaper without AG without any problem.

By the way, how much dps you think the extra 3 totems from Tukohama's Fortress actually give? For some reason, I do not really feel the difference with 3 totems unless I applied EE and curse on boss.

"
yissus wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:

The Scourge with 70% increased minion damage on hit will give you more than that 2% more. You can generally get 200% increased minion damage from tree and gears, adding 70% means like 35% more damage. I think the prices of jewels are overrated in general, it's inflated based on which builds are meta and since minions are such a big hype from beginning of this league (mainly Baron SRS), it's not worth it. I think a good jewel with life + minion damage is around 0.5~1ex only, of course if you want to get the juicy 4 good mod jewels, they will be expensive. Personally, I think minion life/block/ele res is more important than damage increase, which we have tons already.

That said, I'm using Necro Aegis so I need the Advancing Fortress to keep my block high enough and cover the damage loss with 3 more totems, which I hope give me 50% more damage :D

Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 17, 2017, 10:19:27 PM
"
coaa wrote:
THIS IS HOW I HAVE BEEN GETTING CURRENT SPECTERS:

Honestly the best way to get both wicker and vanguard's atm is probably shaper. I wouldn't recommend trying this unless you have a backup char that can reliably clear shaper or you're desperate and have money to blow. What I did was pop a shaper set, then spam for up to 10 minutes. If I didn't see a single vanguard or wickerman then chances are you aren't getting any in this run. Out of 6 sets I got them in 5 though. It's pretty high due to the massive variety of stuff in shapers realm. I then summoned what I needed and logged my other char to finish off the run as my summoner at the time wasn't ready for shaper.

Oh another note, if either of them appear then keep going. I've always gotten both as long as 1 appears on the list.

It was definitely worth it though. You notice a big difference with the new specters compared to before the change. It's just a massive pita to get them. Once I got these badboys though it's been a complete breeze running anything. Or just use whatever level ones you can get until the patch coming that'll fix it.

I must have shit RNG, twice I've done Shaper since patch and neither had them and in the second run, my
2 of my 4 spectres died <.<
"
Luka061111 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6V5AUyVmA
Easiest T16 In my life (Hardcore Viable)

LVL 74 and died once. Pretty impress.
Hope you did not roll any rippy mods on T16 map right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info