[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Imurgod wrote:
Finally we took the hit. offerings only effect us 50% now, with that nerf we will not be using charging anymore so that's a indirect nerf for no fortify. overall, huge survivability hit!

Where did u read that?
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the dying sun is only going to benefit you by boosting your fire resist to 81%. Given that vaal detonate dead deals fire damage though, it might put you over the top into survival territory.

I'm reasonably sure that DD deals hits, however, some googling hasn't generated any actual proof of that.

Gem slots are absolutely going to be the hard part.

I'm surprised you aren't using an Animated Guardian - the damage boost from him is rather significant.

82*, considering the fact the Barbarism passive node is pretty much mandatory and easy to obtain way before lvl90. But yeah, that's still great. It's just that... Why Dying Sun then, why not just some random ruby flask with good rolls?

Regarding Animate Guardian - I don't use him for three reasons:

1) When talking about things like 'fighting Abaxoth + friends inside a T16 breach', I don't feel like he'll survive without things like Empower 3/4, which aren't really available in races until it's kinda too late.

2) Also, talking about races, I don't feel that AG really contributes much, since clearing the maps is 'keep spamming WB/SC and drag your 3-4 WMs who destroy enemies the get too close to them in less than 1 second' - the AG simply won't have any time to hit. Yeah, he will make some difference fighting high-end bosses, but high-end bosses aren't really the main focus in 10-day races, imo - even though I had to rush Chimera ASAP to get Scourge.

3) Gem slots. You can see my Turmoil necro in my (open) profile - TradingIsFineYouAreLazy. The only things I can consider removing are faster casting support, increased duration and perhaps stone golem. Not sure what else could be removed to provide 3 links to AG (and without 3 links I can't see him being useful AND being able to survive at once)...
Good points. I'd forgotten to think in terms of race temp leagues.

I like the extra projectiles from dying sun. I'm running dual curse, so no GMP. OTOH, giving that up for an extra boost on say, armour... could easily be worthwhile.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Psycomantje wrote:
"
Imurgod wrote:
Finally we took the hit. offerings only effect us 50% now, with that nerf we will not be using charging anymore so that's a indirect nerf for no fortify. overall, huge survivability hit!

Where did u read that?

We are all insiders here, didn't you know?
"
Dark_Nero wrote:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Scorching_Ray

Wiki says that spell damage modifiers are applied to Scorching Ray damage over time damage. Why is it not applied to Scorching Ray totems?

"
grimjack68 wrote:
Not sure what you are saying here... exactly what spell damage modifier are you wanting to apply to your TV's totems? Or are you casting the totem yourself?

I want spell damage modifier from support skill gem to be applied. Why should I cast it myself to work? My Solar Guards and Flame Sentinels are casting their spells by their own, it's not me casting, but spell damage modifier from Controlled Destruction is applied, so you logic is wrong.
Exactly what spell damage modifier are you referring to? I wasn't telling you whether it would apply to you, your minions, or your totems, I was asking because I can't tell whether you are self casting a scorching ray totem or letting your Vanguards cast it.

Bottom line - in order to answer your question, I need to know what spell damage modifier you are trying to apply and where you are trying to apply it.
hmmm, would midnight bargain be a problem in the build ?
You offer round about 2k Life for 1 Spectre

Try it out. I coudn't feel a big difference in Clearing between 1WK+3VG or 1WK+4VG
Last edited by Maruba on Nov 23, 2017, 7:24:58 AM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Recorder a Chayula's Domain run. For science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlJFuyKUWo4&feature=youtu.be

Will probably also record HoGM later, since it seems to be THE problem for summoner builds.

Excellent, you made it look easy even without an AG for the 200% more multiplier vs the boss. I'll take the liberty of adding your video to the main post for the time being.

As for various rumors about incoming nerfs, nothing has been confirmed yet to my knowledge. Some kind of balancing action might be in the cards though.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Bottom line - in order to answer your question, I need to know what spell damage modifier you are trying to apply and where you are trying to apply it.

Obviously, since this is a spectre build, I'm trying to apply spell damage by adding "Controlled Destruction" support gem into a Spectre 6-link set. It works for Flame Sentinels and Solar Guards casting their spells, so I do not understand why it doesn't work with Tukohama Vanguards casting their spell.
"
Dark_Nero wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Obviously, since this is a spectre build, I'm trying to apply spell damage by adding "Controlled Destruction" support gem into a Spectre 6-link set. It works for Flame Sentinels and Solar Guards casting their spells, so I do not understand why it doesn't work with Tukohama Vanguards casting their spell.
Now I understand.

I don't know why it doesn't work. Could be a bug, could be the devs deliberately set it up that way. It has been confirmed through testing that it doesn't work.

I guess we could raise a bug about it, however, given the crazy damage output from this build, I'm not eager to draw any more attention to it than it already has.
I'm a bit hesitant between this build (again) in Mayhem and some other things like GC mine. With OP vanguards, we can give no shit about 20 invasion bosses or 20 spirits (I hope?) but I'm kinda bored of leveling with srs...
Last edited by wiwigvn on Nov 23, 2017, 10:05:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info