[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
IchiSumeragi wrote:
So I've been struggling a bit to level, but I've been able to clear T10+ maps from level 65. Thanks a lot for your build !

I have a couple questions though :

- What are you using Animate Guardian, Zombies and Stone Golem for exactly? I've found them quite annoying to summon and they just get wrecked too easily. I'm not even sure that the stone golem profits from the fortify since it just dies too quickly for me.

- What is the point of having Bone Offering as a castable spell when you have it on damage taken? I don't find myself using it at all manually, as my Vanguards don't usually die (I know I just said the guardian, zombies and golem die, but I didn't find bone offering to be enough to make them survive?)

Thanks for your answer !

Stone golem and Zombies are mostly useless in high lvl maps. You can use Fire golems to increase clear speed.
AG drastically increases your dps against map bosses.

Bone offering is your main line of defense in combination with a spell block item. So it protects mainly you and not your minions. If you lvl up further and playing t14+ maps also your spectres will benefit.
"
Sawtyss wrote:
Spoiler
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Sawtyss wrote:
Would it be too much to kindly ask you to look at my gear and tell me what I should upgrade now, considering I have a 10ex budget?

I'm sometimes having trouble with Shaper due to AG dying quite a bit... I know I still need to level him up, but thats just 1 gem level - I don't think it's gonna be that much of a difference.

Apart from that I kinda feel squishy... Am currently at 75/60 block chance, still need the lab enchant I know, thats my next target.

But apart from that... Anything jumps at you?
Usually I tell folks to drop the dual socket belts in favour of a belt with life / armour / resists... and I think that might be an incremental improvement over your setup, but your setup is pretty nice, given the 50% boost from the belt.

If you are using that Clarity, you should swap Spirit Eater for Commander of Darkness. You could drop Herd of the Flock and use that point for more life.

Other than that, you're setup rather well. From here you're looking at expensive items... corruptions that help, like an additional curse amulet, culling strike Scourge, Empower 4, that kind of thing.

As for AG dying, I've only managed to keep him alive during shaper fights by giving him his own dedicated 4L with minion life, fortify, and empower level 3+, in +2 minion gems helm. Otherwise, I tend to put him in my shield, so I can unsummon him quickly by weapon switching - hit X twice and he's gone.

Thanks for the reply!
I've been going back and forth on the belt, but after some more thought and counting it looks like its actually superior to pretty much anything I could put in that slot.
The actual stats I have on belt right now are:
+129 life
+101 mana
+19 cold res
+31% minion life
3% additional chance to block

Find me a belt with those stats :D
I'll probably switch the minion regen for something along the lines of inc dmg if used minion skill recently since that would be about 30% thanks to the belt :)

Yay math, let me chime in:

So that unique belt gives a local stat increase for the two jewels of 50%. So instead of up to 6 explicit (4 relevant) mods you gain 0.5x the value of the stronger jewel and 1.5x the value of the weaker jewel. To put it simple: You trade explicits for 2 jewel slots. In most cases I saw, people have made horrible choices with that belt.

To judge your specific case, we need to convert your life and mana into EHP, because a Stygian Vise cannot roll mana. I have imported your char into PoB to get your life % and mana % increases and check your MoM ratio. Given that the latter is fine and you don't run % based auras, every point of mana has a value. So, EHP:
life: (129-41) x 292% = 257 // I had to subtract the value of your better jewel because you wouldn't lose that.
mana: (101-43) x 273% = 158
total: 415
back to life: 415 / 2.92 = 142
So yes, in that regard, an explicit life roll cannot exceed that (not even with an additional strength roll), but it ain't that much higher. The rest of your jewels' stats are rather weak imo. You sacrifice explicit resists that can go into triple digits.

Another aspect: You might need to change your boots because of their enchant. You appear to be using TVs and I've read that their kills count as your kills (verify: do you get Scourge wolves on a regular basis?). If that's the case, you mess up you EE whenever you land a kill. An upgrade to a Culling Strike Scourge would increase that issue.

Lastly, your shield is nice but the low roll on spell block kind of ruins your block/spell block ratio. Its high block chance is nice, but I guess some regular block goes to waste while you lack quite some spell block. If you have 10 ex, I'm sure you can get a massive upgrade. I like my shield better despite its useless base and that has cost virtually nothing.
"
Sawtyss wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!
I've been going back and forth on the belt, but after some more thought and counting it looks like its actually superior to pretty much anything I could put in that slot.
The actual stats I have on belt right now are:
+129 life
+101 mana
+19 cold res
+31% minion life
3% additional chance to block

Find me a belt with those stats :D
I'll probably switch the minion regen for something along the lines of inc dmg if used minion skill recently since that would be about 30% thanks to the belt :)

Yay math, let me chime in:

So that unique belt gives a local stat increase for the two jewels of 50%. So instead of up to 6 explicit (4 relevant) mods you gain 0.5x the value of the stronger jewel and 1.5x the value of the weaker jewel. To put it simple: You trade explicits for 2 jewel slots. In most cases I saw, people have made horrible choices with that belt.

To judge your specific case, we need to convert your life and mana into EHP, because a Stygian Vise cannot roll mana. I have imported your char into PoB to get your life % and mana % increases and check your MoM ratio. Given that the latter is fine and you don't run % based auras, every point of mana has a value. So, EHP:
life: (129-41) x 292% = 257 // I had to subtract the value of your better jewel because you wouldn't lose that.
mana: (101-43) x 273% = 158
total: 415
back to life: 415 / 2.92 = 142
So yes, in that regard, an explicit life roll cannot exceed that (not even with an additional strength roll), but it ain't that much higher. The rest of your jewels' stats are rather weak imo. You sacrifice explicit resists that can go into triple digits.

I considered the two-sockets belt too, and i got the same result: loss of a lot of resists, and gain just some mana.
In best case:
something like: 2x jewell: 45 life, 45 mana, 10 all resists, then we got 135 life, 135 mana and 30 all resist, but jewel like that cost more then few exalts, all we got is like 70 mana. Minion related affixes i dont consider to be good in that slot.
Last edited by vildsix on Jan 19, 2018, 7:17:39 AM

Hey guys, i have a question which helm is better for AG/zombie setup?
IGN: YamiCurseWhisper
Hello guys, i'm new and for my first build im following the original build who gives me a log of fun/success, i have questions it i want test changes: TV burns, SG hit, So of i want mix TV and SG, i need to ont take EE because of the SG hiting? ( i Will have prob with my elemental equilibrium ? ) same question it i want to incorporate flame golem ? Because he hits. Last question if i do multiple fire golem do the increase damage % of them stacks? Thanks a lot !
Two quick questions.

I'm level 70 and am leveling in maps I have all the standard gear and am just working on getting my unset rings, rolling correct socket colors and getting better gloves. I don't have much left in the passive tree except health and Mana nodes. Other than nodes and getting some better gear is there anything else you can see in my character sheet that I should be looking to fix? Plz note it's a work in progress I plan on rearranging my gems once I finish rolling sockets and get my unset rings.

Second I bought a 6l helmet and I see a few 7l on her are you guys buying them? I've seen some real expensive ones and I only have like 10 exalt right now. Or are you crafting? In which case any advice on how to craft one. I have a harlequin elder mask already but not affixes on it yet.
"
azraelbg wrote:

Hey guys, i have a question which helm is better for AG/zombie setup?

You don't want to put neither AG's or zombies in your helm as elder mods are much better suited for TV's. You could also stick SG's or FG's in there but TV's take full advantage with the Burning Damage Support affix.
"
Kronodude wrote:
Two quick questions.

I'm level 70 and am leveling in maps I have all the standard gear and am just working on getting my unset rings, rolling correct socket colors and getting better gloves. I don't have much left in the passive tree except health and Mana nodes. Other than nodes and getting some better gear is there anything else you can see in my character sheet that I should be looking to fix? Plz note it's a work in progress I plan on rearranging my gems once I finish rolling sockets and get my unset rings.

You're on the right path it's just a matter of upgrading your gear. The belt could definitely use higher life and resist rolls, and shield could use life as well.

"
Second I bought a 6l helmet and I see a few 7l on her are you guys buying them? I've seen some real expensive ones and I only have like 10 exalt right now. Or are you crafting? In which case any advice on how to craft one. I have a harlequin elder mask already but not affixes on it yet.

You don't need minion life on your helm (for TV's) for pretty much anything other than uber atziri. I've tested TV's without minion life on Shaper and they're fine there too, they only die on U-Atziri.

That said, you could confidently go for a helm with Burning Damage and Minion Damage and forgo the Minion Life for now. Burning Damage is a very significant boost for you as it's up to 54% More damage that you're currently missing out on.
Last edited by Wukufyze on Jan 19, 2018, 10:46:24 AM
"
R0ckkett wrote:
Hello guys, i'm new and for my first build im following the original build who gives me a log of fun/success, i have questions it i want test changes: TV burns, SG hit, So of i want mix TV and SG, i need to ont take EE because of the SG hiting? ( i Will have prob with my elemental equilibrium ? ) same question it i want to incorporate flame golem ? Because he hits. Last question if i do multiple fire golem do the increase damage % of them stacks? Thanks a lot !

Don't have to worry about EE and your minions because they don't trigger EE no matter what ability/mechanic they use. Only you can trigger your EE. I know it's a bit confusing but it's very good that it's this way :)
Wow ok thanks ! Good to know yea it was confusing !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info