[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
vildsix wrote:

I considered the two-sockets belt too, and i got the same result: loss of a lot of resists, and gain just some mana.
In best case:
something like: 2x jewell: 45 life, 45 mana, 10 all resists, then we got 135 life, 135 mana and 30 all resist, but jewel like that cost more then few exalts, all we got is like 70 mana. Minion related affixes i dont consider to be good in that slot.

Isn't it the minion related stats that make or break this belt? Ghastly jewels seems OPd this league.

20% minion damage (30% socketed X 2! )
.5% Life leech (.75% socketed X 2! )
8% Chance to taunt (12% socketed X 2! )

Even with super cheap 1c gems, you can get;
55% increased damage and 1.2% Leech
55% increased damage and 18% Taunt
"
Nekar1869 wrote:
"
vildsix wrote:

I considered the two-sockets belt too, and i got the same result: loss of a lot of resists, and gain just some mana.
In best case:
something like: 2x jewell: 45 life, 45 mana, 10 all resists, then we got 135 life, 135 mana and 30 all resist, but jewel like that cost more then few exalts, all we got is like 70 mana. Minion related affixes i dont consider to be good in that slot.

Isn't it the minion related stats that make or break this belt? Ghastly jewels seems OPd this league.

But you're doing enough dmg already. You are loosing a lot of defense using this belt.
Spoiler
"
vildsix wrote:
"
Sawtyss wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!
I've been going back and forth on the belt, but after some more thought and counting it looks like its actually superior to pretty much anything I could put in that slot.
The actual stats I have on belt right now are:
+129 life
+101 mana
+19 cold res
+31% minion life
3% additional chance to block

Find me a belt with those stats :D
I'll probably switch the minion regen for something along the lines of inc dmg if used minion skill recently since that would be about 30% thanks to the belt :)

Yay math, let me chime in:

So that unique belt gives a local stat increase for the two jewels of 50%. So instead of up to 6 explicit (4 relevant) mods you gain 0.5x the value of the stronger jewel and 1.5x the value of the weaker jewel. To put it simple: You trade explicits for 2 jewel slots. In most cases I saw, people have made horrible choices with that belt.

To judge your specific case, we need to convert your life and mana into EHP, because a Stygian Vise cannot roll mana. I have imported your char into PoB to get your life % and mana % increases and check your MoM ratio. Given that the latter is fine and you don't run % based auras, every point of mana has a value. So, EHP:
life: (129-41) x 292% = 257 // I had to subtract the value of your better jewel because you wouldn't lose that.
mana: (101-43) x 273% = 158
total: 415
back to life: 415 / 2.92 = 142
So yes, in that regard, an explicit life roll cannot exceed that (not even with an additional strength roll), but it ain't that much higher. The rest of your jewels' stats are rather weak imo. You sacrifice explicit resists that can go into triple digits.

In best case:

Thanks for your replies guys!

I was going back on forth with the resists problem, but since I already have enough resists with the setup I'm running with right now I kinda thought I oculd go with the twosocket one... Now that I think of it I will probably swap to a regular belt, and replace one of my rings with essence worm+haste to make everything smoother.

As for the shield what you looked at was my old shield - I've actually already bought a new one and was lucky enough to divine 50% spell block :) Now my block chance is at 76/72 without lab enchant! Totally nuts!
Last edited by Sawtyss on Jan 19, 2018, 1:47:27 PM
can you please post all the gems and their slots in the gear.., you post the same gem in two diferent parts
post all the gear parts you wear with the actual gems in all parts, right now im confuse...
Last edited by Zaishen on Jan 19, 2018, 2:14:39 PM
"
Zaishen wrote:
can you please post all the gems and their slots in the gear.., you post the same gem in two diferent parts
post all the gear parts you wear with the actual gems in all parts, right now im confuse...
I'm not sure who you are referring to. The original post has a section for gems, and the only duplicates that I can see are in the optional points near the end. Those are strategic choices, and yes, they mean running duplicate gems.

Here's my current gear for reference:
Spoiler

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
willo77 wrote:
"
Nekar1869 wrote:
"
vildsix wrote:

In best case:

But you're doing enough dmg already. You are loosing a lot of defense using this belt.

I love my belt. My jewels aren't god-tier but it's pretty damn good. If it wasn't for this belt then the MoM nerf in 3.1 would have hurt us hard. Instead, even with the MoM nerf, I can still get 4.1k mana for my build (which has 60/40 ratio due to a Watcher's Eye).

So I'm starting to run out of ideas on how to make my build better. You guys got any idea for late late late game? I've done every content except HotGM.

Here are my rough stats (level 93 hobbes__ in Hardcore Abyss):

1k ES
6k life
4k mana (I have a Watcher's Eye with 10% dmg taken to Mana)
110%+ on elemental resists (so map Elemental Weakness overcapped)
-10% chaos resists (I would like this number to be positive at least)
75/75 block with Rumi+bone, 74/71 block with bone offering, 39/19 block naked (I have the Red Nightmare gem socketed south of Scion)
Double curse: Level 21 Enfeeble and Level 20 Temporal Chains
4 Level 21 Tukohama Vanguard Spectres
Level 27 Animate Guardian with a culling strike/item rarity aura
Level 27 Zombies meat shield
12% chance to gain Onslaught on kill
28% chance to gain a Endurance charge on kill
10% chance to get a fortified puppy on kill

My AG setup:
Weapon: Kingmaker
Chest: Gruthkul's Pelt
Helm: The Bringer of Rain
Gloves: Southbound
Boots: Rainbowstride (with 2% life/mana when hit Uber enchant)

I know what god-tier items can make it better (like Watcher's Eye with 10% dmg taken to mana and 18% extra ES from mana with Clarity) but I don't see these items on sale.
Last edited by hobbes3k on Jan 19, 2018, 8:04:58 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Krompir wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently using with success this build and I'm able to finish also maps at tier 15 (have not gone further yet).

I've combinned the original build from the main page and also used the 3 fire golems also. Here is my current gear:

I would like to keep my spectres at 6 link and release golems at full power by changing my weapon and my shield by a Two handed weapon.
I'll certainly swap bone offering with descecrate as I never use Bone offering.

Do you think it's a good idea and I should give a try ? In that case have you some advice concerning what I should look for 2H weapon ?
Or is it not viable at all ?

Regards

If you really want to try max flame golems, I'd suggest picking up one of the new helms that's a pseudo 6 link instead. Should be significantly cheaper than laying out for a 6L 2hand weapon, plus you won't need to change movement skills.

A couple other things you could improve on...
- Ascendancies - you've taken Spirit Eater. Swap that to Commander of Darkness.
- One of your rings has increased % armour, but you don't have any armour. This is a really nice affix if you take advantage of it.
- I don't see any spell block. I highly recommend getting either a shield or amulet with % of block applied to spells, and then a Rumi's flask to top up your block to max. Blocking is a major part of this build, it's how we recover life.
- Grab a single socket Stygian Vise with life / armour / resists. It will work better than the dual socket one.

Thank you for valuable advices.
I have one question (certainly a noob one) what is a pseudo 6L helm ? Have you an example ?
"
Krompir wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Krompir wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently using with success this build and I'm able to finish also maps at tier 15 (have not gone further yet).

I've combinned the original build from the main page and also used the 3 fire golems also. Here is my current gear:

I would like to keep my spectres at 6 link and release golems at full power by changing my weapon and my shield by a Two handed weapon.
I'll certainly swap bone offering with descecrate as I never use Bone offering.

Do you think it's a good idea and I should give a try ? In that case have you some advice concerning what I should look for 2H weapon ?
Or is it not viable at all ?

Regards

If you really want to try max flame golems, I'd suggest picking up one of the new helms that's a pseudo 6 link instead. Should be significantly cheaper than laying out for a 6L 2hand weapon, plus you won't need to change movement skills.

A couple other things you could improve on...
- Ascendancies - you've taken Spirit Eater. Swap that to Commander of Darkness.
- One of your rings has increased % armour, but you don't have any armour. This is a really nice affix if you take advantage of it.
- I don't see any spell block. I highly recommend getting either a shield or amulet with % of block applied to spells, and then a Rumi's flask to top up your block to max. Blocking is a major part of this build, it's how we recover life.
- Grab a single socket Stygian Vise with life / armour / resists. It will work better than the dual socket one.

Thank you for valuable advices.
I have one question (certainly a noob one) what is a pseudo 6L helm ? Have you an example ?

Here's a starter search for those types of helms: http://poe.trade/search/oukitumohihana
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hi, I'm tempted to try tukohama's shield for the extra totems.
How much will it impact my survivability?
I'm thinking the extra killspeed will make up for it in fights. Thanks!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info