--{{{Essence of Blight}}}-- ED, blight,CWC, Life, Eva, Dodge, +3 Staff, +3 Curse, crafty

Here is Cast when Channeling, Blight, Essence Drain. You get the killer damage from ED along with the benefit of Blight. It lets you run 3 blasphemy Curses, with a low running mana cost, plus casts ED alot faster, and smoother than self cast ED, so you can hit the boss, also better damage than just essence drain alone.
Its an enjoyable way to play, not super fast but Contagion makes the build faster for packs. Kills Bosses very quickly, especially with a wither totem up. The build gets lots of life, evasion, dodge and spell dodge from the tree, and a fair bit of life regeneration which gets pumped up with ED's regen on hit.

Nice thing about pure chaos damage is no reflect, so this build can do any map, just watch out for no regeneration maps. Also your cast speed wont be slowed down on chilled ground for essence drain.

Occultist Asendency got a big boost with increase area, increase curse effectiveness, and Hexproof curses!

Cherrubim's Armour is perfect for this build. Lots of chaos damage, life ,and evasion. 6 link not needed.

GEAR: with links and some nice enchants.

level 94 tree:
I was lucky to find a nice amulet with plus 1 to curses. **Important** You will have to go up to Whispers of Doom or use Doedres curse ring if you dont have an amulet with plus 1 to curses.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAQHBLMFtQceCPQOSA-rES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GYoaSBqPHNwi6iL0I_YkiyaIJpUo-isKLJwwcTB8MgEy0TWSNj031DpCOlg64UGHQnpEq0VHRZ1JE0lRS3hMs02SUUdTUlVLVa5Vxl3yYeJh62JaYqxp2GpDbAtsjG0ZdoJ6U3pwfIN88H6hf8aCEILHg9uExYngjX2Nv48aj6aRB5MfkyeVLpcGl5WX9Jrgm7WdqqEvogCyGbTRtUi3MLc-uJO747zqvorAZsM6xKLIDM960B_UI9i93ajfmN-w5ljo1utj6-7tP-_r8B_w1fJF9Cj22vno-wn-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=Rorshax&characterName=HissarZul

Jewels: In the tree there's 7 spots for jewels. Get 6-7% Life and resists on your jewels.

Bandits: Kill All.

Main Links:
Blight , Cast when channeling , controlled destruction, efficacy , Empower , Essence Drain

Other links:

4 link Curses: Blasphemy , Temporal Chains, Enfeeble, Despair

4-5 link: Contagion, Increase Duration, Arcane Surge (only level to 8or 9), faster casting or Efficacy, Use contagion for big packs of monsters. Gives 8 seconds of arcane surge and activates Forbidden Power ascendency.

4 link: Cyclone , blind, fortify, chaos golem

4-5 link: Wither , Spell totem, faster casting, increase duration, (optional vaal lightning trap)

Use enduring cry sometimes for endurance charges and quick life regeneration.

Ascendency:

1: Profane Bloom 2: Malediction 3: Void Beacon 4: Forbidden Power

Staff Crafting spoiler: Note, crafting takes a bit of luck and currency, but I find it fun to craft your own weapon. There is a sure fire way to get a +3 staff, Ive done it and I'm not a pro crafter.

I've wanted to make a plus 3 Chaos staff for awile now. A +2 Chaos staff which is easy to craft will work fine and you can use it at level 55, which gives you chest armor options.

You can use the card set Dark Mage, or buy a cheap 6 link staff. Also early on you can cash in a set of Flora gift cards for a 5 link staff.

The colors might take 40-70 chromes to get 5 blue 1 green, or 4 5 blue one red for Empower.

Use orbs of alteration and augmentation until you get +2 chaos to gems (its good to know your suffixes and prefixes), regal and add spell damage if possible.

For a +3 staff I used annul orbs to get a rare staff with just +2 to Chaos gems, might take a few tries. Then, craft multi craft mod (Elreon lvl8,2ex), and cannot roll attack mods (Catrina lv8, 1ex),cannot roll caster mods (Vagan lvl8, 5 blessing) craft mana, then ex.

Essence drain does more damage than blight so if you wanna spend some currency, spend it on a level 21 ED, or good luck with your vaals.

Short Leveling guide:

I start off with Blight and two wands with spell damage. One thing about chaos DOT damage it will linger on monsters so you dont have to wait till they die, so you can hit them and move on. It takes a bit of practice and skill to know how much DOT damage monsters need, and you damage will improve as you level and get gear.

Try and get gear with life and evasion. I use Grace aura at level 25 or so. Your evasion will be high because your low level and you wont get hit that much. Try and get a four link early for blight, controlled destruction, void manipulation, and efficacy. Get your extra curse first (malediction) from ascendency. Now you can use orb of storms , curse on hit, for despair and enfeeble curses. You can try and get a 5 link staff from the flora's gift cards ( jungle valley tropical island maps) or buy one cheap.

Then at level 55 you can get a 6 link staff which are cheap to buy (15c) or get the Dark Mage card set. Once you get a 6link staff you are off and doing good damage and off to the races. Good luck and have fun leveling. example (use void manipulation (green socket)

Some Stats:

Life at 7.2 K with average life rolls on gear.

40% Evasion
40% dodge
46% spell dodge
471 life regeneration, also get quick big regen from Essence drain, I also took major god for more life regen
28% stun avoidance

Essence Drain Damage (still leveling gems): Sitting in hideout with no flasks, NO arcane surge, no buffs (tool tip dps): 11k projectile chaos damage, 50k chaos damage per second , cast ED every .35 seconds. Damage goes up to 56k with arcane surge!

Blight Damage (tool tip dps) 6k chaos damage per second

Use these Jewels for awesome dps boost! Works with your ED also. Or you can use jewels with more life and chaos or dot damage as it might be tough to fit them in.

Last edited by Rorshax on Apr 19, 2018, 4:44:10 PM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2018, 4:49:05 PM
Mana reserved post.
Might try dark pact soon, not sure it will be any better than ED.
Last edited by Rorshax on Sep 13, 2017, 11:36:49 AM
Hello friend, i like your idea of a +3 gems staff, i think im going to use it for my build! also empower +3-4 instead of void manipulation would give you a lot more damage i think
Hi thanks for your interest. Ya the +3 staff is great, lets you use Cheribums armour.

Empower would only boost the blight in this setup, since ED is not theactive gem.
Looks good might try out.
Ya build is doing great and can do all content. Did a deathless Atziri, might try Uber now.
Might drop the pierce for the Hex master nodes.
Started with build, got my 6link +2 chaos staff at level 55!
Last edited by Ooma on Sep 23, 2017, 4:35:18 PM
Nice... build added to the Witch list..thanks Kwitch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info