--{{{Essence of Blight}}}-- ED, blight,CWC, Life, Eva, Dodge, +3 Staff, +3 Curse, crafty

Added short leveling guide as requested. I dont really remember how i leveled but you can get a level 55 6l staff!
Thanks for the explanation, but it doesn't seem to be beginner friendly at all? I'm new to PoE and tried this guide out on my first end-game char, and I'm "stuck" now.

I got decent resistance, but my DPS is super low. My friend who I leveled with is clearing maps 5-10 times faster than me. We played side by side all the way, but he's just way ahead of me in survivability and DPS. I feel like it's very weak until you get the core items/links, which is very hard/expensive to find here and now. It's especially hard to find a good chest or staff.
Maybe it should be marked as being not very beginner friendly/expensive, unless I missed something? I think you can see my char in the profile.
I feel like I have to level a new char now, who can get decent clear speed on a budget, before I can start gearing this char up :/
Hi I cant see your character, in privacy settings un hide your characters. Are you using Contagion for big packs?

The build can be dirt cheap, check poetrade , 6 link staff (15c plus crafting alts,chromes and 4c for catarina) , cheribums armour 1-2c.

Last edited by Rorshax on Feb 26, 2018, 5:35:50 PM
Ah, you should be able to see it now. Just messed around with it abit last night, bought a new head, so the gloves in the stash doesn't have the proper 3 blue - 1 green link. But yea, tried to optimize gear and get good links and stats. But stuck at staff and chest. I always open with the Totem, Contagion, then spam blight. I tried that epic chest without stats, but 6 linked white sockets. Got my blight damage to around 1100 in the tooltip. It's at around 600 atm. ED is around 5-6k, I think.

Really liked the build, considering trying it again in the next league, but I guess I need better understanding of the game first, so I don't hit a wall end-game again :)
ED is tricky to play, thats why I like it Cast when channelling with Blight. You kinda need a 6link to get good dps.

Good luck thanks for trying.
Definitely update for 3.2!

I LOVE the CWC ED / Blight. It's just so fleetlined. It also makes the leveling process pretty solid too because of the simple DoT, fire & forget playstyle.
Ya I like too, although contagion is nice for those large packs of monsters.

Not much has changed in 3.2, some good curse buffs in ascendency. I've been busy with my elementalist might take my occultist out for a spin soon.
Hi updated build for 3.2 with lvl 4 empower! Contagion with increase duration, arcane surge is sweet for getting power charges and more spell damage plus getting linked contagion mobs falling down.

I couldnt get 4 blue on my Cheribums armour oh well, goodbye chromes.
Last edited by Rorshax on Apr 10, 2018, 4:07:37 PM
Updated tree.
Might do this for flashback incursion. Probly use void manipulation instead of empower.
Last edited by Rorshax on Aug 2, 2018, 4:50:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info