ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

The Trump Manufacturing Jobs Boom: 10 Times Obama's Over 21 Months

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/10/16/the-trump-manufacturing-jobs-boom-10-times-obamas-over-21-months/amp/

Hey, look! Obama DID cause the improving economy (sort of):

"
Three things likely sparked this manufacturing jobs spike.

First, eight years of the Obama Administration’s piling on regulation upon regulation, from labor rules, to the Clean Power Plan, to the implementation of ObamaCare, placed industry into a defensive crouch. Business leaders were fearful of investing capital, not knowing how the federal rules might capriciously change, thus wiping out their expected return on investment.

That defensiveness ended in November 2016 when the expectations of additional regulatory burdens under a prospective President Clinton vanished. Not coincidentally, manufacturing employment started its sustained upswing the very month of Krugman’s tweet.

Second, the Trump Administration’s deregulatory practice exceeded expectations, with red tape being cut at a faster clip than achieved under President Ronald Reagan 36 years earlier.

Third, with the Republican Congress, President Trump delivered on a major overhaul of the tax code, including a significant cut to business taxes as well as a change to the treatment of overseas profits that incentivized the repatriation of some $300 billion in the first quarter of 2018 out of what the Federal Reserve estimates is $1 trillion in multinational profits held abroad.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
DalaiLama wrote:
If we could reign in the violence and corruption around the world, most of our other problems could be solved.

Yeah, that's a nice ideal, but impossible in the current liberal democracy paradigm. To fix all the 3rd world countries, you'd need imperialism - you'd need to eliminate their corrupt governments and run those countries yourself, at least for a few decades. Policing billions of people around the globe? - no thanks...

There is no money in that AND the western public opinion is completely against any kind of involvement (because "muh colonialism"). The West isn't even capable of "soft colonization", like eg. China is doing in Africa right now.

Bringing the whole world on a "middle class" level, where everyone would have a car, a laptop and equal access to jobs is a pipe dream. We can't even maintain OUR middle class due to neoliberal capitalism chasing profit margins at any cost.

Let China & Russia take the mantle of "humanitarianism" for a while. The European world has done enough (good & bad things) and needs a coffee break.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
rojimboo wrote:

*posts a page-long list of Trump achievements - from the trump administration*
*expects to be taken seriously*

Would Trump lie?

Well over 5000 times since taking office our president has made a false or misleading claim. (The count was 5000 last September.)

So yes, he lies very frequently. It would seem to be as often as possible. When he exhales if his lips are moving, chances are a lie is coming out.

He lies for fun and for the cheers.
"I've accomplished more in my administration than almost any other president in US history!", Roar of cheers at his rally.

He lies out of habit.
"I've accomplished more in my administration than almost any other president in US history!", Room full of laughter at the United Nations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4y8OJxlK8
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 3, 2018, 9:19:37 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:

Would Trump lie?

Well over 5000 times since taking office our president has made a false or misleading claim. (The count was 5000 last September.)

So yes, he lies very frequently. It would seem to be as often as possible. When he exhales if his lips are moving, chances are a lie is coming out.

He lies for fun and for the cheers.
"I've accomplished more in my administration than almost any other president in US history!", Roar of cheers at his rally.

B-bu-but Trump is not corrupt!

He just states the obvious.

Like things being really wet. In terms of...water.

I think it's a tad intellectually dishonest to pretend policy changes immediately affect the economy when Republicans are in power, like Trump.

And then pretend the reverse is true when Democrats are in power. The 2007 financial collapse springs to mind. Apparently, the Democrats, despite Republicans having complete control of the government, influenced the economy not just one year after being voted out, causing the financial crisis.

Not two. Not three years after.

Not four. Not five.

But SIX years after not being in power, they still managed to fuck up the economy somehow, with the Republicans going 'wat? wat happened?'.

Apparently the next DAY after Trump's tax cuts for the rich, the voodoo economics that is trickle-down economics, gave the middle class billions of dollars.

Sure sure.
Last edited by rojimboo on Dec 3, 2018, 9:31:38 AM
Looks like Trump is close to passing a bill to undo all the damage Clinton did with Clinton's extreme prison bill.

Apparently alot of good people, who were given harshly long prison sentences by Clinton's bill, will be set free soon, if Trump's bill passes.
"
Khoranth wrote:
Looks like Trump is close to passing a bill to undo all the damage Clinton did with Clinton's extreme prison bill.

Apparently alot of good people, who were given harshly long prison sentences by Clinton's bill, will be set free soon, if Trump's bill passes.

Who says bi-partisanship is dead?

I wonder how much Kanye West influenced his buddy on this?

Kanye: "Drugs aren't so bad, mmmmkay?
Trump: "Yeah IKR?"
Wasnt exclusively drug charges. People were getting 25 year prison sentences for stealing $100 worth of children's Movies, under Clinton's crime bill. Clinton took away a judges ability to sentence with discretion, and imposed extremely unjust, harsh sentences for minor crimes.
"
Khoranth wrote:

Except that this bill is also aimed Reagan's crime bill and others and not just Clinton's. Most of these terrible crime bill's have been overwhelmingly bi-partisan.
"
deathflower wrote:
Since we are ignoring that, Are you Captain Planet AND Looten Plunder?

Kept my previous phone until they stopped making batteries for it. Current phone is fantastic, but seriously out of date. I will replace it when it dies completely, since it is functional, just not optimal.

My only environmentally bad habit (other than wasting electricity on PoE and its gaming forum) is not composting kitchen waste. I can't abide the smell, even with the charcoal filters. Previously carpooled, but there is no one on my current route between home and work (and buses would triple the commute time since it requires a couple of route changes). I used to bicycle to work when feasible, but time, distance and other factors make that impractical now. Moving somewhere even closer where biking or walking is an option is something I was discussing with friends just over this past weekend.

I could pay less in property taxes and have a bigger house, but that would mean driving a longer distance to work - as commute time is one of the biggest factors a person can influence on their pollution contribution, I won't do it. If our politicians were honestly trying to reduce CO2 and car exhaust, they would make much bigger efforts to reduce commute times.

A 10% reduction in commute times would do more than any other proposed measures to reduce CO2. People aren't going to all hop on mass transit, despite what advantages it might offer. For many, the concept is as appealing as sharing a community wife.

Hopefully that answers your question. If not, the R-10 insulation inside almost all of my double paned windows should.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

He lies out of habit.

You really should read this Trump on the Couch book (a summary of which I'll be posting after I finish it today). It makes the very interesting point that where young Donny Trump started off lying to test boundaries (as most kids do), he then went on to lie simply because he could (no one stopped him) and now, as part of his construct and psychological profile, he *lies to survive because the truth that he isn't omnipotent is too painful to face*. It's not a habit. It's never been a mere habit. It's fundamental to who and what he is.

So far my favourite quote from the book is 'to know Trump is to know psychiatry', cribbing Osler's 'to know syphilis is to know medicine'. He's just that fucking damaged.

Anyway, just thought I'd add that. This book clarifies...everything. Trust a shrink to be genuinely sympathetic towards a man like Trump where so many of us just want to dismiss him as a monster or a tyrant. Naturally it's a lot deeper than that...

Very interesting, it makes lots of sense. Thank you much for the correction and the important interesting information.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info