ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
rojimboo wrote:

You don't have to believe the EPA's own estimates (which for Trump and his EPA's own estimates show that ACE is worse than nothing, fancy that),

The EPA is a hostile leftist politicized entity, what's surprising about them being against Trump?

"
rojimboo wrote:
you can look at some peer reviewed science, like here.

In the most respected peer reviewed journals by the way, Science and Nature.

A peer reviewed analysis of the future.

In a court of law, such hypothetical proof would be illegal.

"
We found that the “inside the fence line” option would result

Science would be finding a few sites that changed procedures in manner that followed Trump's proposed rules and observing them and then reporting:

"We found that the “inside the fence line” option did result"

When it's a prediction based on current science, it is a hypothesis until tested. You can say it is a reputable hypothesis based on tested science, but it isn't fact until tested.

"
We estimate that climate change skeptics constitute less than 5% of the overall community of climate scientists. Two independent studies, based off separate datasets, place the percentage of climate change skeptics at around 2.0–3.5% of relevant experts in climate science (Doran & Kendall-Zimmerman 2009, Anderegg et al., forthcoming).

And then there is the Cook et al. 2013 consensus paper

I already debunked the Cook "consensus" and I am well aware of how scientific colloquiums and symposiums are conducted. Points and counterpoints are usually debated, people offer supporting points and research and then afterward a lot of emails go back and forth clarifying points and raising new questions. I've only participated in one symposium myself, but I do have friends and family that participate regularly, two of which publish works that are considered authoritative in their field.

"
rojimboo wrote:
"Good lord. Lookup fine particulate matter PM2.5 and its definition. Pollen and dust and water droplets are much larger particles.

I don't even know what to say."

There is a valid form of argument called illustration by exaggeration, in which the foolishness of an idea is made clear by magnifying its effects. It is a version of Reductio ad Absurdum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Myosotis pollen would fit in the PM 2.5 definition, but that isn't the point.

You can probably tell by now that when I respond to a post, I am not responding to all of your previous posts (chronologically).

You might want to look up the formal definition and usage of "straw man".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Dec 3, 2018, 8:59:28 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Hey, look! Obama DID cause the improving economy (sort of):

=^[.]^=

Carrot and stick needs to be taught to school children again. They only understand stick. If you provide a small but ample stick and plenty of carrot (stay out of the way of business that isn't truly harmful and sometimes an economic incentive) you will get far better results.

The mass adoption of solar power in the Southwest wasn't because government mandated it or had penalties for not doing it. It was readily adopted because there were economic incentives to do so.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
Looks like Trump is close to passing a bill to undo all the damage Clinton did with Clinton's extreme prison bill.

Apparently alot of good people, who were given harshly long prison sentences by Clinton's bill, will be set free soon, if Trump's bill passes.

Who says bi-partisanship is dead?

I wonder how much Kanye West influenced his buddy on this?

Kanye: "Drugs aren't so bad, mmmmkay?
Trump: "Yeah IKR?"

Imagine how much Nancy or Chuck could accomplish is they sat down and tried to work with Trump and offered some compromise?

BTW - compromise isn't a dirty word, and it was how the US govt used to function a few decades ago. Not everything passed was good, but by periodically revisiting issues, the didn't work so well could be patched up with newer versions that tried to fix the broken parts.

With the house, the Democrats have a chance to actually try it. We will see.
Here, let's set the context for this post. What does this post have to do with climate change or the collusion? Nothing. What does this post have to do with Trump's business? Nothing. What does this post have to do with All hail president Trump. Everything.

It's just a very funny thing that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-jYhxUaBbk
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Here, let's set the context for this post. What does this post have to do with climate change or the collusion? Nothing. What does this post have to do with Trump's business? Nothing. What does this post have to do with All hail president Trump. Everything.

It's just a very funny thing that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-jYhxUaBbk

It just proves Trump isn't an NPC. Things like this make him more appealing to many Americans.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

You don't have to believe the EPA's own estimates (which for Trump and his EPA's own estimates show that ACE is worse than nothing, fancy that),

The EPA is a hostile leftist politicized entity, what's surprising about them being against Trump?

The EPA is still like that? After Pruitt's rampage on science, and Mr-I-used-to-lobby-for-coal-industry Wheeler?

Really?

Which of the below things are good for the environment, under Trump?

"

A running list of how President Trump is changing environmental policy (some excerpts)

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

FIRST OFFSHORE OIL WELLS APPROVED FOR THE ARCTIC
U.S. PUSHES TO END CHILDREN'S CLIMATE CHANGE SUIT
EPA TO DISBAND AIR POLLUTION REVIEW PANEL
EPA REPEALS OBAMA-ERA METHANE RULES
TRUMP EPA UNVEILS PLAN TO NULLIFY FEDERAL RULES ON COAL POWER PLANTS
TRUMP ANNOUNCES PLAN TO WEAKEN OBAMA-ERA FUEL ECONOMY RULES
TRUMP OFFICIALS SET ASIDE EVIDENCE OF NATIONAL MONUMENTS' SUCCESSES
TRUMP OFFICIALS PROPOSE ROLLBACKS OF ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT RULES
WHITE HOUSE CUTS NASA CLIMATE MONITORING PROGRAM
EPA ISSUES CONTROVERSIAL RULE ON SCIENCE 'TRANSPARENCY'
FEMA EXPELS "CLIMATE CHANGE" FROM STRATEGIC PLAN
EPA MULLS SHAKE-UP TO ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH PROGRAM
EPA LOOSENS REGULATIONS ON TOXIC AIR POLLUTION
REPORT: CLIMATE CHANGE WEB SITES 'CENSORED' UNDER TRUMP
TRUMP DROPS CLIMATE CHANGE FROM LIST OF NATIONAL SECURITY THREATS
TRUMP UNVEILS PLAN TO DRAMATICALLY DOWNSIZE TWO NATIONAL MONUMENTS
INTERIOR DEPARTMENT PROPOSES LARGEST-EVER OIL AND GAS LEASE AUCTION
TRUMP EPA POISED TO SCRAP CLEAN POWER PLAN
MINING HEALTH STUDY HALTED; CLIMATE ADVISORY PANEL DISBANDED
TRUMP REVOKES FLOOD STANDARDS ACCOUNTING FOR SEA-LEVEL RISE
REPORT: EPA ENFORCEMENT LAGS UNDER TRUMP
U.S. PULLS OUT OF PARIS CLIMATE AGREEMENT

Regulation of hazardous chemicals under Trump's EPA (or lack thereof)

Chlorpyrifos
Lead paint standards
PFOS and PFOA
Toxic waste clean-up / Superfund
Clean water legislation
Clean Air Act standards
Coal emission standards

"

"
rojimboo wrote:
you can look at some peer reviewed science, like here.

In the most respected peer reviewed journals by the way, Science and Nature.

A peer reviewed analysis of the future.

In a court of law, such hypothetical proof would be illegal.

Prosecution: Is smoking cigarettes bad for you, harmful to your health?
Expert from Heartland Institute: Such hypothetical proof is illegal.
Prosecution: wat
Expert: ILLEGAL
Prosecution: wat
Expert: I cannot possibly predict the future.
Prosecution: Fuck this shit, I'm going home.

"
I already debunked the Cook "consensus"
And the rest? Each with their own separate methodologies? You would have to disprove all of them, and even so, it was demonstrated your rebuttal was bunk and full of wrong assumptions and interpretations.

"
and I am well aware of how scientific colloquiums and symposiums are conducted.
I think you actually meant to say the peer review process and the scientific method. These guys were nowhere near each other in a symposium sending emails to each other. One published a paper, the other a rebuttal, then that one was answered definitively (all of which was peer reviewed), Legates and Tol backed off.

Later Oreskes and Cook published another paper, a different one. After some years, no rebuttals.

"

"
rojimboo wrote:
"Good lord. Lookup fine particulate matter PM2.5 and its definition. Pollen and dust and water droplets are much larger particles.

I don't even know what to say."

Myosotis pollen would fit in the PM 2.5 definition, but that isn't the point.
No it wouldn't. The smallest pollen myosotis forget-me-not pollen has a particle diameter of about 6 micrometers. 2.5 um < 6.0 um. Most pollen wouldn't even be included in PM10.

Fine particulate matter PM2.5 does not include pollen, and the suggestion that we can limit natural sources of fine particulate matter (wildfires, incidentally to happen more frequently in a changing climate, and secondary aerosols from biogenic volatile organic compounds) is ludicrous. You would not only have to prevent atmospheric chemistry from occurring, you would have to destroy all plant life, mostly trees, to prevent emissions. Tad extreme.

Most of PM pollution at 2.5 is manmade, and it's harmful. That IS something we can do a lot about, as it's mostly from combustion sources.

"
You might want to look up the formal definition and usage of "straw man".

Inconceivable! :)

So, not sure what you meant, but what I meant was that when I said

"Anyone with a rudimentary physics knowledge, upon examining the evidence, WILL acknowledge anthropogenic climate change.

The evidence is literally overwhelming, and the skeptic/denialist evidence is extremely lacklustre and dubious.

I think you will find this in the other thread regarding climate change."

i had also said this before a couple times

"By the way, if you must know, I've clarified a couple times now that I don't believe deniers are not bright or intelligent, nor that Trump is dumb. People have incentives to not believe something scientific sometimes, and they think they benefit from non-belief. I still maintain anyone with a rudimentary physics knowledge that familiarises themselves with the science, will come to the conclusion there is no other major contributor for the recent rapid warming than human activities, *unless* they have some incentive/benefit for non-science belief."

You thought you were being soooo clever by cherrypicking one sentence out of context, and arguing against that weaker position to defend. I.e. fighting an imaginary man made out of flimsy hay and straw.

*Even* had I only said that and meant it as scientific and absolute truth, you'd still be wrong regarding your counter-argument.

Woodcock, an accredited engineer, NASA, bla bla bla, demonstrated clearly he had no rudimentary knowledge of physics in his own assertion regarding CO2 not having increased in recent years.

Not even WUWT wattsupwiththat or GWPF globalwarmingpolicyfoundation, known denialist think tanks, dispute that CO2 is increasing.

Woodcock was also standing near sheep. The greenhouse gas emissions might have been so high coming out of them, it could have made him braindead.

But as I said, that was not even the point.

You vs strawman 1-0

Good job man.
Last edited by rojimboo on Dec 3, 2018, 10:41:01 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Alright, so as promised. Whether you want it or not.

Dr. rojimboo will now offer his extensive psychoanalysis treatment.

mwahaahahha

"
For a start, there can be no doubt that Trump felt betrayed and abandoned by his mother at a very young age.

Explains his hatred of women.

"
This establishes everything else. He almost certainly has a learning disability, which is evident in his bragging that he once punched a music teacher in 2nd grade because that teacher didn't know shit.

Explains his dismissal of science.

"
The big ones ... paramnesia (the inability to form links, and the ensuing rage when someone else reveals that).

hey Donald, link this!

"
If you want to understand Trump and not merely mock or venerate him
Ummmmm....
*thinks long and hard*
*decides*
I've decided, I want to keep mocking him. Yep.
A dream scenario would be Daddy Peterson and Daddy Trump sitting together and the former psychoanalysing the latter in a 4 hour podcast. Inject that shit straight into my veins.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Dec 4, 2018, 3:23:40 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Imagine how much Nancy or Chuck could accomplish is they sat down and tried to work with Trump and offered some compromise?

BTW - compromise isn't a dirty word, and it was how the US govt used to function a few decades ago. Not everything passed was good, but by periodically revisiting issues, the didn't work so well could be patched up with newer versions that tried to fix the broken parts.

With the house, the Democrats have a chance to actually try it. We will see.

Oh compromise work both way. Imagine how much Trump could accomplish if he sat down and tried to work with Nancy or Chuck and offered some compromise?

Everyone have a chance to actually try it. We will see.

See what I did there?
Last edited by deathflower on Dec 4, 2018, 4:45:03 AM
"
rojimboo wrote:

Which of the below things are good for the environment, under Trump?

Since you gave me a list to pick from, I'll choose this one for starters:

TRUMP UNVEILS PLAN TO DRAMATICALLY DOWNSIZE TWO NATIONAL MONUMENTS

More clean coal :-)

http://laissez-fairerepublic.com/indocoal.htm
Nothing like selling off the world's largest deposit of clean coal so that your foundation can get kickbacks from Indonesia....

Then again, his wife sold off our Uranium for money for the Clinton Foundation, so no surprise there.

When the EPA starts bulldozing skyscrapers in Manhattan to turn it back into natural forests is when I will believe their 'environmental' angle.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Toxic waste clean-up / Superfund

The history of most superfunds have been a debacle. You might as well be setting cash on fire to heat a stadium.

"
Prosecution: Is smoking cigarettes bad for you, harmful to your health? Expert from Heartland Institute: Such hypothetical proof is illegal.

It isn't hypothetical, they have results with actual effects. Someone could question whether long term vaping was harmful as being hypothetical.

"
rojimboo wrote:
And the rest?

This isn't a honey-do list. You choose to respond to parts of my post and I choose to respond to parts of yours. I don't assume you agree with the parts you don't respond to, nor do I assume you can't defend them. If you are assuming something different and arguing from that standpoint, you are creating a strawman. (see other post for link, so you can understand the term correctly).

"
rojimboo wrote:

You would have to disprove all of them, and even so, it was demonstrated your rebuttal was bunk and full of wrong assumptions and interpretations.

Did you take a statistics class? If you have, you should remember from it that what I said is rudimentary statistics. Grab your book if you still have it and re-read it as a refresher. The Cook study was like GGG sampling the off topic posters and then saying "Most of PoE players like to debate Trump, so we will be including more pro-Trump and Anti-Trump content in our next league" It was a non representative sample for starters, and what they qualified as "results" were laughable.

If you haven't taken a statistics class, then I could understand why it might not be clear what they were doing wrong. That is part of the reason people in certain professions are required to study it before they can work in the field.

"
rojimboo wrote:
No it wouldn't. The smallest pollen myosotis forget-me-not pollen has a particle diameter of about 6 micrometers.

2.5 um < 6.0 um. Most pollen wouldn't even be included in PM10.2.5 μm

Most Myosotis at 4-5μm wouldn't be included in the PM2.5 standard. The ones at their smallest size of 2.5 μm would. Keep working with the search engine and you will find 2.5 and occasionally a 2.4 μm as the lower size limit.

"
rojimboo wrote:
and the suggestion that we can limit natural sources of fine particulate matter is ludicrous. You would not only have to prevent atmospheric chemistry from occurring, you would have to destroy all plant life, mostly trees, to prevent emissions. Tad extreme.

That was the point of the argument used. Reductio ad absurdum.
Likewise, getting to zero emissions from a power plant is extreme.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Most of PM pollution at 2.5 is manmade, and it's harmful. That IS something we can do a lot about, as it's mostly from combustion sources.

The dosage makes the poison. Lower numbers are generally better, when they have solid reasoning behind them. Zero is not such a number. Look at the methodology of some of these studies calling for drastically lower limits.

"
rojimboo wrote:
So, not sure what you meant, but what I meant was that when I said

"Anyone with a rudimentary physics knowledge, upon examining the evidence, WILL acknowledge anthropogenic climate change.

The evidence is literally overwhelming, and the skeptic/denialist evidence is extremely lacklustre and dubious.

Fair enough. I disagree with your opinion, but from the standpoint of anyone trusting the scientific consensus, your statement holds true.

"
rojimboo wrote:
You thought you were being soooo clever by cherrypicking one sentence out of context, and arguing against that weaker position to defend. I.e. fighting an imaginary man made out of flimsy hay and straw.

1) That wasn't my intent.
2) It wasn't anything "clever" it is a formal logical fallacy.
3) Claiming all is not the same as what you restated above. Not remotely.

"
rojimboo wrote:
*Even* had I only said that and meant it as scientific and absolute truth, you'd still be wrong regarding your counter-argument.

Appeal to probability

and

Affirming the consequent

Are the formal and propositional fallacies your argument violates.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Woodcock, an accredited engineer, NASA, bla bla bla, demonstrated clearly he had no rudimentary knowledge of physics in his own assertion regarding CO2 not having increased in recent years.

His PhD is in physics, his specialty is thermodynamics. I daresay he knows more about the physics of this than either of us do.

Opinions do not equal knowledge. Knowledge does not equal insight or understanding. Insight and understanding do not equal opinions. They are all factors in someone forming an opinion, but they do not guarantee an particular opinion outcome.

I will illustrate it for you. Unless I am mistaken, both of us have played Path of Exile. Both of us have allocated points on the skill tree and to make our build or utilized a build someone else created. We both have likely used skill gems and have a rudimentary knowledge of Path of Exile.

That doesn't mean we will both agree on what build is the best. It doesn't mean that because one or both of us has not kept up with the 3.5 patch notes that we don't have a rudimentary knowledge of Path of Exile.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Woodcock was also standing near sheep. The greenhouse gas emissions might have been so high coming out of them, it could have made him braindead.

Or the Hypercapnia might have been keeping him alive if he suffered from COPD.

You can kill people by cutting their CO2 levels too much, you know.

"
rojimboo wrote:
You vs strawman 1-0

Your strawman doesn't give up, he just keeps coming back - must be something in the Wraeclast soil.
Last edited by DalaiLama on Dec 4, 2018, 8:12:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info