ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"Creating jobs" doesn't count if those jobs go away again in five or ten years. Build the dumb thing and its built - you need perhaps one in a hundred of the jobs you created to maintain it, and everybody else goes back to being out of work and complaining that the government's not handing them free jobs (which sounds a lot like welfare to me BUT WHAT DO I KNOW RIGHT).

The jobs you need after The Wall goes up are patrol and enforcement, and if people were willing to do those jobs/willing to pay other people to do those jobs, they'd be getting done already. You don't need to spend a hundred billion dollars on a Wall to expand the Border Patrol, and the BP is far more effective than a static, easily subverted chunk of concrete ever will be at actually controlling border crime and incursions. Again:

Ladders.
Rope.
Shovels.
Canoes.

All things that cost vastly less than The Wall which can be used to easily circumvent The Wall. And this is discounting the notion that particularly rough terrain would prevent The Wall from being built in the first place. You can't build a Wall in jagged hills, which I'm going to assume there's at least a few of down there given the existence of the Rockies, but determined enough border criminals can sure as shootin' navigate them on foot.

So. Temporary jobs that do little to get people working long-term, no meaningful impact on the sorts of border crime it's supposed to prevent, no impact whatsoever on the immigration issue. Why are we not spending that hundred billion dollars on more Border Patrol troops, instead?
Short on time, but just real quicksie.

"
1453R wrote:
"Creating jobs" doesn't count if those jobs go away again in five or ten years.

Sure it does.

"
1453R wrote:
everybody else goes back to being out of work and complaining that the government's not handing them free jobs (which sounds a lot like welfare to me BUT WHAT DO I KNOW RIGHT).

Not at all similar. One gets paid for producing something, the other gets paid for existing.

Point wasn’t “build the wall it’ll create jobs,” it was “looks like a better stimulus package than Obama’s” as in, an observation about hypocrisy being the lifeblood of partisan politics. I mean, talk about wasting money*...

*Edit: Thought it’d be clear that these are not my opinions, but an expression of the hipocrisy in the opinions peripheral to any budget debate—something you might expect to hear as a counter argument. I figured this would be self evident, as it’d be pretty damning for me to point at something, call it hypocritical, and then do that very thing myself. Reading back, however, I just remembered that I lead with “the beautiful thing about hypocrisy...” so now I’m second guessing the clarity of my point. Figured I’d share all of that to avoid an unnecessary misunderstanding—I’d be exactly the person to become entrenched in an opinion I do not uphold, just because somebody wanted to argue about it on the internet :3 :D So, just to be clear, I don’t object to any of your (1453R’s) other opinions on the wall, just don’t think the whole “wasting money” angle holds much water. There’s very few people in DC who fundamentally oppose wasting money; the rest, it’s their profession.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jan 31, 2018, 10:01:47 PM
Maybe if USA wasn't fighting a war, they could spare some troops to patrol the border?
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"

The bolded part has a simple explanation - show me an example of a white supremacist who is not also a maga. You can't because ALL white supremacists are also magas

You know, what gets me about Trump is that he touts high Black employment rates, like that's supposedly a good thing? The employment rate for Black people used to be 100% in 1850, and Trump probably thinks that's even better. He's such a bombastic racist. How many other people would flip putting people into chains, and keeping them in chains, about employment #s? Trump could be the leader of the KKK.

You’re not serious are you? How is low unemployment rates for any race/gender/religious group etc a bad thing??? Comparing low unemployment rates of African Americans in 2018 to slaves in the 1800’s is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. You don’t believe that Trump or any president for that matter would be celebrating 100% employment rate if slavery was still a thing. You know you don’t. Calling Trump a racist is a “Me Too” movement...just stop. He’s not racist get over it. We finally have a President who genuinely cares about america and its people instead of being more concerned with suffering people in 3rd world countries. And that is a good thing. We have our own problems here that need to be taken care of our own suffering people. Let’s help ourselves and our country get us in a better place then we will be in a much better place to help people in other countries if needed. It makes me sick how all these people are acting. Especially the politicians, you don’t have to agree with the presidents policies but you have to respect the office, the country and the citizens.
employment rate, while good, isn't enough to paint the whole situation.

Gotta see if the jobs are good ones that pay well and has personal growth potential or crappy jobs that are dead ends.

And no, Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself and "winning".
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"

The bolded part has a simple explanation - show me an example of a white supremacist who is not also a maga. You can't because ALL white supremacists are also magas

You know, what gets me about Trump is that he touts high Black employment rates, like that's supposedly a good thing? The employment rate for Black people used to be 100% in 1850, and Trump probably thinks that's even better. He's such a bombastic racist. How many other people would flip putting people into chains, and keeping them in chains, about employment #s? Trump could be the leader of the KKK.

You’re not serious are you? How is low unemployment rates for any race/gender/religious group etc a bad thing??? Comparing low unemployment rates of African Americans in 2018 to slaves in the 1800’s is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. You don’t believe that Trump or any president for that matter would be celebrating 100% employment rate if slavery was still a thing. You know you don’t. Calling Trump a racist is a “Me Too” movement...just stop. He’s not racist get over it. We finally have a President who genuinely cares about america and its people instead of being more concerned with suffering people in 3rd world countries. And that is a good thing. We have our own problems here that need to be taken care of our own suffering people. Let’s help ourselves and our country get us in a better place then we will be in a much better place to help people in other countries if needed. It makes me sick how all these people are acting. Especially the politicians, you don’t have to agree with the presidents policies but you have to respect the office, the country and the citizens.

I thought it is sarcasm. Unemployment rates and Black unemployment rates have been dropping since Obama, so Trump trying to take credit for it is really disingenuous. And Respect have to be earned, Not Given.
"
It makes me sick how all these people are acting. Especially the politicians, you don’t have to agree with the presidents policies but you have to respect the office, the country and the citizens.

How can you respect a president that doesn't even respect what you just mentioned?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
Thats right everything bad that happened while Obama was president was because of Buah and now everything good that is happening is because of Obama.

I’m sorry how doesn’t Trump respect the people? Is it because he wants to take care of the illegal immigrant problem, or secure our boarders, or maybe stop giving so much to the people who don’t work, struggle to put food on the table but continue to spit kids out like the human race is on the verge of extinction?
"
faerwin wrote:

Gotta see if the jobs are good ones that pay well and has personal growth potential or crappy jobs that are dead ends.

Jobs are jobs bro doesn’t matter if they are dead end low paying jobs or not and I don’t know if he really cares, feels, or believes what he says anymore than you know he doesn’t but atleast he is saying and doing things that this country needs.
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Jobs are jobs bro doesn’t matter if they are dead end low paying jobs or not and I don’t know if he really cares, feels, or believes what he says anymore than you know he doesn’t but atleast he is saying and doing things that this country needs.

So you'd say that Cuba is doing better than the US economically? They have a lowest unemployment rate. What about Cambodia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_unemployment_rate

When you cut high end tech jobs for low tech dead end jobs (aka, cutting jobs into renewable energy for coal plants), it HURTS even if technically, there's more job made than lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info