[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

Does pain attunement not work with KB? I cant get it to work in PoB
It doesn't work for quite some time now.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
I just want to thank the OP for this guide!!!

I've never played a wander before and I'm just having so much fun. My gear is mediocre currently but I'm working on it. Gonna do Merc Lab today (forgot to do it lol) and running maps and incursions is so much fun. I love the survivability on the build and I don't feel like a glass cannon.

My only issue is single target but I'm about to pick up Point Blank next level and hopefully can get my Incandescent Heart to 5L (at least). However, when a boss has a wall next to them, I just KB them to death instead of Barrage haha.
I was feeling pretty good about my wand but now you've got me wondering if I should look for something else?
This is the one I bought a few days ago.
Barrage is pretty meh until you get 5-6L but still faster to bring down Tammy rares in maps.

It's a great wand, multi, attack speed, Inc light, pen, high flat. Can't access PoB right now but even without crit its really nice :)
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Aight good, wands are such a pain in the ass to figure out what's best so I wanted to double check. :V
So I played this as my league starter, loving it so far. Great for clearing maps, especially kinetic blasts into small incursion/temple rooms. Profane bloom explosions are soooo satisfying. I've spent a total of about 3ex on my gear(2 on chest), think the main thing I need is a dying sun, but I don't think I'm going to buy just because this character isn't the best boss killer. On tier 15-16 I still find myself getting 1 shot by physical melee damage with 6.8k ES and basalt flask. My gear so far

Other jewels are searching eyes with damage/ES. My main pointers to anyone trying out this build is to get blind on hit ASAP, and ES recovery. Also %increase ES on amulets is HUGE mine was only 9c
. If I didn't run with a piscators I wouldn't of stacked so much ele damage on all my gear, maybe would be able to get some more ES. I feel like I'm almost capped out at 6.8k tho. All in all, great build. Made a ton of currency which I will now spend on a boss killer :) Made it to lvl 92.
Last edited by wanzzz on Jun 11, 2018, 1:14:36 PM
@Bristoling:
Thanks for the help (back on pages 11-12). Leveling was indeed a chore and completely demoralizing, but making it to maps with a few of your suggested uniques and only after taking GR and CI, the experience has completely flipped.

That said, I'm still having some trouble with being insta-gibbed. Despite having 6.2K ES, I'll come up against a rare or pack of mobs and then, poof, I'm dead. I'm used to avoiding things like DD and VD, but this feels different. I'm guessing it has something to do with a large physical hit that crits. I'm just speculating.

Anyway, I'm linking my stuff, pastebin, etc., in hopes that someone can identify ways that I can improve my character. I only have about 50c or something. I'm stilling attempting to roll a Beast Fur Shawl 6L (though I may switch to an IH chest to test it out) and a corrupted Thunderfist with ele weak. I'm also holding on to the mana flask because Disc and Wrath reserve so much mana, that sometimes I don't hit enough creatures and end up hitting 0 mana. Granted, I am too liberal with my attacks.

Also, I should confess that I never bother with the dropping and detonating of the smoke mine. It just feels too cumbersome compared to constantly popping a quicksilver flask, hence why I carry two quicksilvers.

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm only running Wrath and Discipline. No elemental weakness + blasphemy. I'm just leveling those gems.
Last edited by nomnaut on Jun 11, 2018, 10:17:24 PM
@nomnaut biggest upgrades I can see for you is a stygian belt. If you can get enough resists you could also swap that two stone with something else that has ES/dmg and resists. And while elemental weakness is nice, honestly any curse on hit is fine. I don't have ele weakness and I rarely find a pack of mobs in any tier map that lasts more than 2 KB's. (bosses get reduced effect of curses so doesn't really matter for them). When you lvl your gems to 20, and q20 them you will also get a big boost. I also find it odd that you need to run the mana flask, I never feel like I have any issues, even on no regen maps. You could swap that with a defensive flask or wise oak/atziri.
"
wanzzz wrote:
@nomnaut biggest upgrades I can see for you is a stygian belt. If you can get enough resists you could also swap that two stone with something else that has ES/dmg and resists. And while elemental weakness is nice, honestly any curse on hit is fine. I don't have ele weakness and I rarely find a pack of mobs in any tier map that lasts more than 2 KB's. (bosses get reduced effect of curses so doesn't really matter for them). When you lvl your gems to 20, and q20 them you will also get a big boost. I also find it odd that you need to run the mana flask, I never feel like I have any issues, even on no regen maps. You could swap that with a defensive flask or wise oak/atziri.

Yeah, I should've noted that I'm just leveling ele weak and blasphemy; they're not active.

I have the mana flask more for peace of mind. My witch constantly complains about running out of mana, but as soon as I hit another pack of mobs, I'm fine again; I agree that I don't really need it.

I've replaced the ring and belt as you suggested.
Last edited by nomnaut on Jun 11, 2018, 6:52:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info