[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Savage16 wrote:
I am pretty new to PoE in general, just wondering about leveling with this build. What skills should I be using before Vortex for the Acts? When should I be switching to Vortex? I bought the skill from a vendor at level 18 but I do not meet the requirements to even use it.

You should be using blade vortex from the moment you get it. I suppose the reason you can't use is due to the Dex requirements, so you should get some on your gear and the tree.
"
Just started your build and it works pretty ok so far. Changed my VD Elementalist to Blade Vortex and threw together some gear i just found in my stash. Missing some lightning resist. Perhaps you could take a look (if you find some time) what i could improve cause im pretty new to blade vortex.

Nothing that you crafted on your weapons, jewellery and belt (elemental damage with attack skills, added damage to attacks) works with blade vortex because it is a spell and not an attack.

Your opal ring has a low life roll, replace it, preferably with a warlord's mark curse on hit one.

Get rare boots to fix your resists.

There's some room for improvement in the weapons department, I'd replace the dagger without the extra elemental damage first.
Fun build. Trying this out on Bestiary HC. Level 78 now. Currently looking for the best skill gem combo for Inpulsa's 5L. Right now I am using BV, Inc Crit Strikes, Spell Echo, Hypothermia, and Control Destruction for general mapping. For harder bosses I am switching out crit strikes for conc. Starting to really enjoy it, got some decent gear but it can be improved a lot. Trying to figure out if it is worth using blood rage and MOM.

Edit: Oops just ripped being stupid in Uber Lab. Oh well. was fun while it lasted.
Last edited by mike4334 on Apr 15, 2018, 8:28:07 PM
Having tons of fun with this build, clearing guardians like easy.
However, would love to ask some questions, what do you think of replacing one herald with hatred and then a watcher eye (infact, which stats would be good in the eye?)

I know this will cause me to disregard MoM since the mana used would be too much.
"
drigorin wrote:
Having tons of fun with this build, clearing guardians like easy.
However, would love to ask some questions, what do you think of replacing one herald with hatred and then a watcher eye (infact, which stats would be good in the eye?)

I know this will cause me to disregard MoM since the mana used would be too much.

according to PoB the best hatred watcher's eye would be the critical chance one and it would cost you 10ex+.

i personally chose to go with the aspect of the spider instead, it can be crafted on any rare item with an open suffix

its debuff covers the whole screen and grants up to 15% increased damage taken which means that it is effectively a MORE damage multiplier, so this + extra herald is roughly equivalent to hatred + the best hatred jewel. and on top of that it applies hinder. and it is cheap.

it also makes it possible to run a mini MoM with level 1 clarity and this jewel:

additionally you should consider using this ring for bosses:

it adds heaps of damage (17% more for me).
Thank you so much for your replies and this build, never had so much fun playing a BV character and that strong, would try out your suggestions! Though it has already cleared most of the stuff :p (other than the PF BV era)
I have a question on using BloodRage and MOM together...when I use bloodrage, it seems my mana is reduced to zero and I can no longer spam my BV. I feel like these two skills counter effect each other, am I missing something?

Thx
"
I have a question on using BloodRage and MOM together...when I use bloodrage, it seems my mana is reduced to zero and I can no longer spam my BV. I feel like these two skills counter effect each other, am I missing something?

Thx

you need to get some mana leech going. the best way of getting it is an elder ring with warlord's mark curse on hit. they are pretty cheap this late into the league.

alternatively you can get Berek's Grip ring. it is not as good but works in hexproof maps.

Would you mind post a video with your char MentalCell? Your build is awesome!
"
Neverlandz wrote:
Would you mind post a video with your char MentalCell? Your build is awesome!

what kind of video do you have in mind? i already posted obligatory mapping and shaper videos early in the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info