3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
I am definitely enjoying this build. Unfortunately, RNG does not favour me for that 2B3R 5-link. At this juncture, I'm probably going to have to asve up to force the 5L, although none of the results for Vorici Calc has me confident at getting the right colours.

Out of curiosity, how did you guys get your preferred colours?

Save your chromas! The only combo you can't use is 2 or more greens!

For a five link, any combo should get you similar goodness. Lots of blue? That's fine, throw in zombies, add minion speed, concentrated effect, minion life, minion damage

Lots of red? That's fine, throw in melee phys, ruthless, maim, multistrike, brutality

1 green: Great, throw in faster attacks

For a 6 link, take any combo that has one or less green, and mix n match as well. Not worth getting too fussy as the difference in DPS between all these combos is not that huge.
"
So my question is, what is the best way for me to squeeze some more DPS out? I have 1k str, I will attempt 6L later once I can save up a lot of fuses. Should I focus on upgrading my gems to 20/20 for now? I already have a few that are 20 quality and level 18+

- Yes, gems at 20/20 is an easy boost
- Get better jewels
- Swap queens escape for 2 X 90% minion damage one handers
- Add another curse (vulnerability) or swap enfeeble for vulnerability
- 6L will make the biggest difference, but, yeah expensive.
- Aspect of the spider or avian give about a 15% boost in overall DPS each, and are fantastic if you can get them somehow.
- There is a big difference in damage moving from level 18 to level 19 then 19 to 20 skill gems. Farm a bit to get there easier.
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Jun 8, 2018, 2:58:39 AM
"
how important is the astramentis for this build? is it a BIS for this build? They cost a pretty penny and I was wondering if the attribute was worth it or not.

It is only BIS for the unambitious like myself. It provides about 160 life for you, some strength for minions and easily caps your dex requirements.

Any decent life rolled amulet gives you 250+ health, can get you some dexterity, and other utility stats for low,low cost.

For the ambitious, well rolled tier 3 talismans, corrupted amulets with +1 to maximum curses etc. are the dream.

Remember, the high dexterity is only for a max level phase run, which adds almost nothing compared to a mid / low level phase run. You can also replace the movement skill altogether and use a leap slam or flame dash.
I just personally love phase run, as it fits my lazy style of few button pushes, and I love the defences of phasing / pure move speed, so I bought an astramentis first chance I got.
Thanks grim for helping us out! Haha I am not ambitious either and that's why I like your build. Everything except the 6 link and seven step league is very very affordable for everyone.

By the way, if I get more life on gear and in the skill tree, will running double five links be enough to do all content? I know 6 link is important but I'm just honestly so far from that at the moment. I've never had one before and I don't mind so as long as I can do all the bosses. Is this a dream with five link?

Do I need to stop being a pussy and grind for the 6L to do all content?
Last edited by sighlight on Jun 8, 2018, 7:46:54 AM
I do not understand what's wrong with me. I'm already at level 90, but my survival rate is poor. Total 4700 hp. 682 str, 330 int, 171 dex.

I used the Watcher Eye and Haste before, giving perpetual phasing, but... it is not worth it. Now I do not even know what to do, I think I have good gear and passive tree, But I'm still behind. What could be the problem? Because even in path of building, i can not find the problem. Am I really that blind?

https://pastebin.com/ZFGAYhGc
"
matkouton wrote:
I do not understand what's wrong with me. I'm already at level 90, but my survival rate is poor. Total 4700 hp. 682 str, 330 int, 171 dex.

I used the Watcher Eye and Haste before, giving perpetual phasing, but... it is not worth it. Now I do not even know what to do, I think I have good gear and passive tree, But I'm still behind. What could be the problem? Because even in path of building, i can not find the problem. Am I really that blind?

can you teach me senpai. How did you save enough for a 6 Link...I want to learn your ways.
"
matkouton wrote:

Maybe it's just a playstyle thing? Meaning that you should play slower, almost always summoning skeletons to see if there are enemies nearby?
"
Eldino wrote:

Maybe it's just a playstyle thing? Meaning that you should play slower, almost always summoning skeletons to see if there are enemies nearby?

No, it's different. I have a low regeneration hp - 647 vs 800

Low Minion Dps - 12k vs 18k
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
So my question is, what is the best way for me to squeeze some more DPS out? I have 1k str, I will attempt 6L later once I can save up a lot of fuses. Should I focus on upgrading my gems to 20/20 for now? I already have a few that are 20 quality and level 18+

- Yes, gems at 20/20 is an easy boost
- Get better jewels
- Swap queens escape for 2 X 90% minion damage one handers
- Add another curse (vulnerability) or swap enfeeble for vulnerability
- 6L will make the biggest difference, but, yeah expensive.
- Aspect of the spider or avian give about a 15% boost in overall DPS each, and are fantastic if you can get them somehow.
- There is a big difference in damage moving from level 18 to level 19 then 19 to 20 skill gems. Farm a bit to get there easier.

Got to 89 last night and did a few corrupted t15s, no deaths really easy and I still don't have to play very cautiously. I did run into a pack that did a ton of lightning damage on a map with 400% crit damage that completely destroyed my spectres and animated guardian, I still was able to kill them by summoning skeletons from around a corner, then kill the boss.

- Working on gems
- For jewels, I've been focusing on finding some with Life, either Add phys dmg, or add % dmg if a minion skill has recently been cast (or both), and 1 other minion stat. Do you know if add phys or if the add % is better on the high end of the build?
- are these better options? Lose the ability for a 5/6l, I really love the movement speed of queen's

Also, last night I finally figured out exactly how to get the correct spectres and it was a huge difference. I wasn't aware of the corpse target ability (hold A) so I kept getting frustrated by trying to randomly get the right corpse. Having the 3 spectres you say made a huge difference, at least if felt that way, DPS felt a lot better on T15 than it did on T14 the night before. You may want to update the OP for the details on where to find them, and maybe how to target a corpse, I had to search back through each page to find where you mentioned exactly where to find them.

thanks again, will be playing all weekend, hoping to get some currency and try for 6L and get to more end game content once I get more of the atlas done.
"
matkouton wrote:

Your main problem is - no life on gear. Rings = 0 life, belt (one of the biggest ones) - 0 life
Your tree is missing at least 11 life nodes, and you're focusing too much on life regen, which is useless without huge life pool.

Also, you've got too much ele resists on your tree. I would suggest changing your belt and both rings for better res+life+str, and then switch ele res on the tree for life nodes, such as Scion life wheel, 6% near Devotion, Golem's blood (all 3 nodes), 5% near Bravery, 5% near Heart of the Warrior, 4% near Juggernaut.

I'm currently playing HC Incursion, lvl90, 7500 life (obviously haven't died yet xD) and I still have a lot of room for improvements in my ring and belt slots, with the nearly perfect gear I should have over 8k life right now. You can check my tree for the reference
NANI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info