[3.3] Popcorn Skeleton bomber (Minion instability Earendel's Embrace)

Since I can't afford a godly minion helm, I'm working on trying to get a strength based Baron version of the build running. However, does minion life or minion damage on helm take precedence when trying to scale up your damage? I imagine minion life matters more, considering it increases the base damage of the explosion, but I wanted your thoughts on this.
I was playing around with this as well, just some things i noticed that were skipped.

You can get elemental vuln curse on gloves, which if you get a +1 to curse somewhere on gear (vaal is easier than ever) you can stack with flammability. Also +40% skele damage on helm lab enchant.

Another thing to take note of is high level empower. With new altar it seems possible to get level 5? but say you only have level 4, which is +3 to level, that very well is probably a bigger damage boost than probably any other support skill.

As far as Lens vs 2nd Embrace, I honestly think the Lens is slightly better, especially if you run Zombies, which I think is a better option than golem if you don't hybrid your build with golem support, they are much better meat shields, get some taunt on hit from a jewel and it makes a difference. But I think the differences are so minor it really doesn't matter outside of your playstyle.
Last edited by Tkalius on Jun 6, 2018, 4:17:59 PM
"
LuckyOverload wrote:
Since I can't afford a godly minion helm, I'm working on trying to get a strength based Baron version of the build running. However, does minion life or minion damage on helm take precedence when trying to scale up your damage? I imagine minion life matters more, considering it increases the base damage of the explosion, but I wanted your thoughts on this.

cost me 3c
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
Tkalius wrote:
I was playing around with this as well, just some things i noticed that were skipped.

You can get elemental vuln curse on gloves, which if you get a +1 to curse somewhere on gear (vaal is easier than ever) you can stack with flammability. Also +40% skele damage on helm lab enchant.

Another thing to take note of is high level empower. With new altar it seems possible to get level 5? but say you only have level 4, which is +3 to level, that very well is probably a bigger damage boost than probably any other support skill.

As far as Lens vs 2nd Embrace, I honestly think the Lens is slightly better, especially if you run Zombies, which I think is a better option than golem if you don't hybrid your build with golem support, they are much better meat shields, get some taunt on hit from a jewel and it makes a difference. But I think the differences are so minor it really doesn't matter outside of your playstyle.

thats good to know. I really just made the guide to share the concept, definitely open to further fine-tuning.

the +2 minion level is straight up more important. it's about a flat 20% damage boost per level.
Just started with this build in IHC today. Going try and do a more tanky itteration of the build and how it goes
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:
Just started with this build in IHC today. Going try and do a more tanky itteration of the build and how it goes

may the disconnects be few and the plunder be plenty!
Hey man, I see you're 81 in Incursion. How's that going? What sort of tier maps are you on atm?

I started the build up, only 31 atm, not been focusing too hard as I'm still trying to clear some atlas progression on my starter, but I'm hoping this one will carry me through higher tier maps that I know my starter won't really do well with.

How's the 4L flame golem working? Also, you're using FG but other people in this thread are using SG. I tried an SG necro in flashback and was actually pretty surprised by it, for the purposes of this build why is Flame Golem better, or is it juts a case of personal preference?

I was thinking of making it a bit of a hybrid SG/popcorn build, so that I could SG around for map clearing and popcorn for bosses. I'm a little worried about clear speed I suppose.

Cheers,
Smooth so far in HC. Zombies/golem clean up while your skellies take out the rares and bosses.

Malachai down, still unascended just blowing through every boss so far.

Entire build is ssf + 9c in trades.

Lyco dropped in early on for me and that sold for 34c. Plenty of cheap upgrades get later on

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Decent +4 helmet I guess:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info