Anger

I want to point out three things about auras in general.

1. they should not turn off when you change area. As you have reserved a portion of your mana to the aura you should not have it back, but it's really mana-expensive having to re-toggle them expecially at low levels.

2. auras remain toggled even when you remove their icons from the skill bar. I don't know if this is a desired feature, and if it is it's quite useful, but I think everyone should know about it (kinda massive ;])

3. there are still some toggle glitches/bugs when you use them during combat. I often find myself with the mana reserved and the aura visible but the skill not "circled", and the contrary.
"
Squirrelloid wrote:

I might point out that you're possibly thinking about this entirely wrong.

Anger is *awesome* for pets builds, because it doesn't care what the pet's base damage is. Hatred, otoh, is crap for those builds. And most pets users are going to get hurt a lot more by Hatred's 30% reserve than Anger's fixed reserve.

It is actually funny, that the str-based anger is better for minions (which normally created by at least partially int-based chars), while the dex/int based Auras are better for a Str-based charakter :P

I guess this is done to make parties more diverse, since not all Melees will get enough Int do use the high-level auras early on. It is different with the supports, where the str-based + fire is based on Melee-Damage which makes sense.

So actually I just use Anger for my Marauder because there isn't much of a trade-off. The damage-increase isn't high, but since I can spare the little bit of life (Blood Magic). I might switch anger for a Cold or Chaos-Damage Aura (or both), since they provide more damage, but Anger is really nice for large Skeleton/Zombie etc. Armies.
I personally think the bonus damage you get is kinda small but compared to other auras the mana costs are very cheap =)
"
Emphasy wrote:

It is actually funny, that the str-based anger is better for minions (which normally created by at least partially int-based chars), while the dex/int based Auras are better for a Str-based charakter :P

I guess this is done to make parties more diverse, since not all Melees will get enough Int do use the high-level auras early on. It is different with the supports, where the str-based + fire is based on Melee-Damage which makes sense.

It's like maybe the auras are supposed to affect other people in a party...whoaaa
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
Milchut wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

It's like maybe the auras are supposed to affect other people in a party...whoaaa

I run 7-8 auras. Very rarely do I have anyone else in the aoe with me. Even in spider/arachnid nest 6 man teams. The aura radius is very, VERY, VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY small. All things considered.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
I run 7-8 auras. Very rarely do I have anyone else in the aoe with me. Even in spider/arachnid nest 6 man teams. The aura radius is very, VERY, VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY small. All things considered.

tried the 50% AoE boost? quiet noticeable later on, specially when auras can get a total of 110% via passives alone not counting level ups of the auras themselves.
Waste of Passives/Slots.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
50% isn't a waste when it is 40% for all skills, 20% damage boost for attack AoE, and 20% reserve cost reduction.
They are not a waste when you need more people inside the aura radius either, which, coincidentally, was the issue :P

I don't really have issues with the AoE per se, but more that you need Line of Sight.
The general AOE?
That's awesome.
I thought you meant the Aura AOE cluster.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info