[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
DrillahKillah wrote:
Hey guys,

level 89 now and i feel like the wasps are getting meh...
I am looking the trade to find some 60%, attack speed and chaos damage claw but no claw at all have chaos damage on em!

is this normal ?
what should i aim for then?

thank you

just look for the "adds # to # chaos damage" (local)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 18, 2020, 12:58:28 PM
"
DrillahKillah wrote:
Hey guys,

I am looking the trade to find some 60%, attack speed and chaos damage claw but no claw at all have chaos damage on em!

is this normal ?
what should i aim for then?

thank you

I have one for sale. I can give it to you, I don't play much anymore so I don't care for the currency.
"

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Pestilent-Strike&sort=dps

Congrats bud again, you really made a terrific char!
Too bad poe.ninja doesn't show PoB dps... not to take that away from Cori, but for example my char has higher poison dps (by not even 1%, so doesn't matter really) and higher combined dps (by 1,5 million).
Cori has more life (+1k) and I have more ES with Soul Tether belt (1,7k ES). Same armour and phys reduction. I do have more block/dodge combined.

I'm missing two passive points at the moment as well, that would fit another medium cluster instead of a small (so another 10% faster poison or whatever you would want to fit).

I feel the build/guide is fine as it is.
You could only add more end-game options, like the Soul Tether variant or expensive crafts/items like reduced malevolence mana rservation on amulet, that let's you use precision as well.

Regarding league starting again with it - not sure on that really.
Loved the build and will probably try to do lvl 100 with headhunter + simulacrums before the league ends.

"
DrillahKillah wrote:
Hey guys,

I'll be online for the next few hours and got some claws to sell.
Will probably be 4-5+ ex though.
So cheaper to craft them yourself with the fossil method. Just search the last 20 pages of this thread for it.

Edit: Or just take Yalpe's offer! :)
Last edited by blastinMot on May 18, 2020, 1:20:32 PM
"
blastinMot wrote:
"

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Pestilent-Strike&sort=dps

Congrats bud again, you really made a terrific char!
Too bad poe.ninja doesn't show PoB dps... not to take that away from Cori, but for example my char has higher poison dps (by not even 1%, so doesn't matter really) and higher combined dps (by 1,5 million).
Cori has more life (+1k) and I have more ES with Soul Tether belt (1,7k ES). Same armour and phys reduction. I do have more block/dodge combined.

I'm missing two passive points at the moment as well, that would fit another medium cluster instead of a small (so another 10% faster poison or whatever you would want to fit).

He has 14+ mill and you are 11+ from what i've seen in PoBs, if i've haven't skipped something.
He also got Culling Strike on HoA which is 10% more effectively and Malevolance faster poisons that's not calculated.
But nevertheless i like your way of doing things also since i'm a big fan of Soul Tether.

"
blastinMot wrote:

I feel the build/guide is fine as it is.
You could only add more end-game options, like the Soul Tether variant or expensive crafts/items like reduced malevolence mana rservation on amulet, that let's you use precision as well.

The problem is when using Soul Tether you most likely want Timeless jewel like you did, but that puts too many mods which would bring a lot of confusion.
I gave the base. Players like you will always mod something in their own way without need for me to explain.

I'm experimenting atm with different setups for ranged skill to bring them up in damage.
Will test your suggestions. :) tnx!
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 18, 2020, 3:22:03 PM
I disagree with HoA Culling strike being 10% more. Its attack speed is quite slow and there was a few boss fights (mostly conqs) that died before he could cull them. I cut Culling Strike for a few Precision levels instead as CS adds a mana reservation multiplier. My gear does not have a lot of accuracy so Precision gave me more dps in pob.

My PoB is over 15m IIRC with 15 wither stacks. 34m with VS. I have no idea if its configured prooerly however. You can load up my character if you want and call me out ;) I feel like anything over 10M is gravy.

Oh, I don't have a Watcher's Eye either.

POB: https://pastebin.com/MZNaXs4S
Last edited by Yalpe on May 18, 2020, 4:57:27 PM
"
No need for mule.
Caustic Arrow will do the job fine just level the gems along the way.

Since I am already testing league-starts since I am done with this league this is what I came up with in 10 runs:

Fastest way so far was a shadow mule for flask + onlaught + cobra lash gem, Start with Cobra Lash + lesser Poison + onslaught, Level Viper strike along side, merveil is the toughest Opponent but she was allright on Viper strike + added Cold + lesser Poison.

In A2 I swapped as soon as possible to Viper strike + melee Splash + melee phys dmg, once 4 links are available deadly ailments Comes in while lesser Poison can be replaced. For Auras I went with HoA, HoP and HoT, then I basically started to faceroll and once Plague Bearer kicked in I started to be quite fast, even before first lab.

But I will be testing some more Setups. Maybe we get a better start goin :-)
"
Vennto wrote:
"
No need for mule.

Since I am already testing league-starts since I am done with this league this is what I came up with in 10 runs:

Fastest way so far was a shadow mule for flask + onlaught + cobra lash gem, Start with Cobra Lash + lesser Poison + onslaught, Level Viper strike along side, merveil is the toughest Opponent but she was allright on Viper strike + added Cold + lesser Poison.

In A2 I swapped as soon as possible to Viper strike + melee Splash + melee phys dmg, once 4 links are available deadly ailments Comes in while lesser Poison can be replaced. For Auras I went with HoA, HoP and HoT, then I basically started to faceroll and once Plague Bearer kicked in I started to be quite fast, even before first lab.

Triple herald isn't a bad idea. I might try that.
"
Yalpe wrote:
The fact that the bis claws are so easy to craft makes me wonder if I should league start this again next time. I tried five other builds and they all got stuck into red maps without significant investments.

Its a really strong build, but I dont know if I can play the same thing 2 leagues in a row. I feel the same way, though.

I may play Scourge Arrow next league just for the sole fact I dunno if I could run it back since I spent so much time in this league.

"
Yalpe wrote:
My PoB is over 15m IIRC with 15 wither stacks. 34m with VS. I have no idea if its configured prooerly however. You can load up my character if you want and call me out ;) I feel like anything over 10M is gravy.
People usually set the enemy is "shaper/guardian", because DPS vs. trash is high enough anyway. That halves the DPS.

"
Yalpe wrote:
Oh, I don't have a Watcher's Eye either.
Well, why not? Depending on the mods it's a pretty significant DPS boost.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
No need for mule.

Tnx for the effort! Keep us posted :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info