[RIP Best build of 3.9]

"
blackband wrote:
Hi, Your how can you make EE work when Lioneye's Paws has Fire damage?

Only golem in Malachai's has EE. In limonenovecento's vid you can see its working properly.
"
Idrug1 wrote:
"
blackband wrote:
Hi, Your how can you make EE work when Lioneye's Paws has Fire damage?

Only golem in Malachai's has EE. In limonenovecento's vid you can see its working properly.

Correct. We get EE from Malachai's Artifice as described in the build guide. DO NOT TAKE EE IN THE PASSIVE TREE.
Please help to fight the climate change!
"
Skua99 wrote:
Had an effortless time leveling this build. But now I am approaching level 68 where I can replace my trusted Tabula with a high ES chest that I have waiting in the wings. So this brings up my first question.

1) The chest that I am planning on using has a lot of ES plus a small amount of lightning resistance. As an added bonus it has 5 white sockets to make coloring easy. The down side is that is all that it has. Sound I sell this one and pick up a better one with a little more life and resistance or be satisfied with the high ES number?

Like I had mentioned, leveling has been easy. But I have died a few time to single shots which I am sure has a lot to do with my low life and ES. But most of the time when I die, it has to do with 'Blood Rage' getting out of control. I know that it is not a big deal to do a weapon swap and cancel it, but some times I get caught up in the heat of the moment and forget. I took the cowards way out and removed it from the CWDT setup and replaced it with an 'Ice Golem'. So for my second questions.

2) How important is it to keep 'Blood Rage' in the CWDT setup?

Now that I am about to kill Kitava and end leveling, I need to address the added hit to the resistances. I know that I will need to make up the differences to what I can get just from my gloves and quiver. But how I do it will depend a lot on what I do with the rings. I can continue to use my 'Thiefs Torment' or change to "Malachai's" and a "Taming". The guide seems to be pushing for using the former for general mapping and switching out to the duo for bosses. But the two choices seem to require different glove and quiver decisions to keep the resistances capped. So now to my third question.

3) Sould I stick to one ring setup or swap between the two? If the choice is to stay with just one, I am guessing that it would be the "Malachai/Taming" duo. Is this correct?

Now on to my last question.

4) If I do use my "Malachai" I will be getting "Elemental Equilibrium". How do I apply non-fire damage if all I am casting is "Exploding Arrow"?

1) I suggest to test it yourself. My guess would be that the chest is fine. Since the build has so much resistances from the skill tree and the uniques, you should have no problem to cap the elemental resistances. If you feel vulnerable versus chaos damage you can try to get more life and chaos resistance on your other gear (quiver, gloves, jewels).

2) Blood rage is not important at all. Although I never had a problem with Blood Rage I omitted it in my current setup as well.

3) Oh, I didn't know that you the guide seems to push you into any direction. This is not my intention and I will adjust it a bit. Again I suggest to test it yourself. In my setup I can swap the rings and my resistances will still be capped (and this should be easy to achive for you as well but is not necessary). I used thief's torment for a long time. It felt a bit safer and I didn't have to use a mana flask. However, for some elder runs I switched to the other combo for the additional damage to save some time and now I stick with it. TDLR: both is fine.

4) See also my other comment. You can use a golem or blink arrow depending on your setup.
Level 88 at the moment. Only maps I don't touch (yet) are ele reflects, everything else is passable. For no mana regen maps I have to switch to

Could use a better ES chest, but don't have the cash for it.
Neither have any high tier maps, but trying to get there... :) Highest I've done at the moment was Tier 12 with 144/44

Using EE from the skill tree.
Gloves add light dmg which to proc EE.

My equipment:

Probably have to respec a lot of points on the tree when I get better equipment. Right now focus is on life + ES.

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMHHgj0DXwN4hFQEZYSaRZvFxwYZRhqGjgbJRzcHRQhsCL0JKonLyj6LOIt0i6UL9oy0TNsNPc1kjbpOVI6WDrhQYdFR0b-SI5JT0lRS65Ms03jVcZWSFfJWAdZ81vVXBRca2ZUZp5mumjyakNsC20ZcXlxhXIPd-V_xoKbgseD24RIjHaPGo9GkFWTJ5RvlS6XLZeFl5WX9Jitm4qboZ8-oSOiAKZXpwinK6yYtzG3PriTvKq86r5PwGbDbcaK0B_YJNi92Vvaudrd34rjauRV6QLr7u-I7-vwH_DV8WzyRffX-ej60v4K_o8=?accountName=Twiiik&characterName=MoghedinSedai
--== Enjoying the game ==--
Last edited by Twiiik on Jan 28, 2020, 5:01:18 AM
"
Twiiik wrote:
Level 88 at the moment. Only maps I don't touch (yet) are ele reflects, everything else is passable. For no mana regen maps I have to switch to

Could use a better ES chest, but don't have the cash for it.
Neither have any high tier maps, but trying to get there... :) Highest I've done at the moment was Tier 12 with 144/44

Using EE from the skill tree.
Gloves add light dmg which to proc EE.

My equipment:

Probably have to respec a lot of points on the tree when I get better equipment. Right now focus is on life + ES.

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMHHgj0DXwN4hFQEZYSaRZvFxwYZRhqGjgbJRzcHRQhsCL0JKonLyj6LOIt0i6UL9oy0TNsNPc1kjbpOVI6WDrhQYdFR0b-SI5JT0lRS65Ms03jVcZWSFfJWAdZ81vVXBRca2ZUZp5mumjyakNsC20ZcXlxhXIPd-V_xoKbgseD24RIjHaPGo9GkFWTJ5RvlS6XLZeFl5WX9Jitm4qboZ8-oSOiAKZXpwinK6yYtzG3PriTvKq86r5PwGbDbcaK0B_YJNi92Vvaudrd34rjauRV6QLr7u-I7-vwH_DV8WzyRffX-ej60v4K_o8=?accountName=Twiiik&characterName=MoghedinSedai

Without EE (from the skill tree) it is usually enough to shoot a couple of arrows into the pack and move on. If you have EE yourself you have to wait until the explosion and than attack all the surviving enemies again to proc EE. In my experience this is rather clunky and slows you down quite a bit. Although it can be a small advantage versus bosses to use another second ring, I prefer to use Malachai's Artifice. Anyways, if it works for you it's fine ;)

For the ES chest I suggest to buy a 6L vaal regalia for 40c and craft it yourself. At least, this is is what I did.
Last edited by limonenovecento on Jan 28, 2020, 5:24:14 AM
"

Without EE (from the skill tree) it is usually enough to shoot a couple of arrows into the pack and move on. If you have EE yourself you have to wait until the explosion and than attack all the surviving enemies again to proc EE.

Probably something I'll experience moving into higher Tiers?
Right now all ordinary monster packs dies quickly without a second thought spent on them. Problem has been some Metamorphs, some rares and some bosses.

I kind of suck at PoE so most likely doing opposite of me is best =D

With the Aspect of the Spider-setup (boots + rare ring) I feel the survivability is better (for me).

"

For the ES chest I suggest to buy a 6L vaal regalia for 40c and craft it yourself. At least, this is is what I did.

Thanks for tip!
I don't know anything about crafting, but will look into it :)
--== Enjoying the game ==--
Hey guys, I created a short showcase video of the build for the talent competition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkJM3Ktt440

and just wanted to say thanks for all your positive feedback here and ingame and for motivating me to do this. Hopefully you like it!
Last edited by limonenovecento on Jan 28, 2020, 9:51:26 AM
Hey there, been playing the build for a bit now but I'm looking for ways to improve. I found that in PoB my ignite damage is massively less than your PoB and I am struggling to understand why.

Can you give me any hints as to what I'm doing wrong?
Here's my pob: https://pastebin.com/PetbS8yP

(Edit: I do have and use a Dyadian Dawn, as well, I'm playing around with a bunch of different gear setups to see why it's so lacking)
Last edited by RinF_ on Jan 28, 2020, 12:09:12 PM
Great build, real fun. The only problem - my PC is shrieking in pain with all these balls, arrows and effects :P

But anyway, great idea - thank you. Hope they will not nerf it soon, cuz it's so fun to play.
Finally gotten this build to level 65 with 3 ascendancies and I have to say ......Ridiculous! The damage is obscene and it's so cheap. Unreal job mate, keep thinking for us. A couple useful things I've found: hitting thief's torment with attack mod catalyst puts it up to 72 lgoh which is just absurd with our AS and proj count, hitting dyadian dawn with elemental damage catalyst can take it up to 42% faster ignite, and you can get a nice pair of gloves with fire dot multi, life, res and any stats you need for super cheap (mine were 12c with 15 fire dot multi 75 life 40 lightning res and 40 Dex). Thanks again and keep up the great work!
Last edited by Codiak324 on Jan 30, 2020, 7:45:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info