Arctic Armour

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It'd be far too easy to maintain permanently. Regenerating hundreds of Mana per second to maintain AA requires serious investment - doing the same for Life is routine.

Regardless, Blood Magic only affects Skills. The only Mana-related factor in Arctic Armour, is the zero Mana Reserve. Reserve the zero Mana (Life), and a Buff is applied to your character. It's the Buff that drains Mana, and as mentioned it is not affected by Blood Magic.

i do see how that could be a problem, but it is still frustrating that i am being denied this skill entirely because of the passive skill i grabbed (blood magic). i think i am mostly annoyed because i never expected it to have such an odd mechanic that made it so different from other skills. this is the only skill i know of where the mana cost doesn't work with blood magic.

it is just weird to have this one skill using a mana degeneration effect instead of a mana cost or reservation.
Personally, I like the fact that it requires serious build planning/investment to get the most out of it. It gives dex/int characters something a pure STR character simply can't support at a high level.

Only thing I'd maybe change is making it natively give a small speed boost, to slightly help kite-reliant characters with sustaining the mana cost.

Could someone please explain how "mana cost" of AA works? Is there some hidden modifiers?
Because i have lvl 16 AA, it says to have cost of 31.7 mana per second, and additional 158.3 while moving. So total mana drain while moving should be 31.7+158.3=190. My mana regen rate (with lvl 16 Clarity) is 194, so with activated AA i should regen mana even while moving, albeit very slowly. But that doesn't happen. Instead there is constant mana drain, roughly 1-1.2 mana/sec.
Do i totally miss something out or it's just bugged description of AA mana drain rate / character mana regen rate?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
The mana degeneration gets increased by increased buff effect nodes (currently we have the Inner Force cluser and the Holy Strength life node above the Templar starting area), did you take any of these passives?
No, i don't have any at the moment. And even if I had... While hovering mouse over AA skill slot (not over the gem itself) I should see mana cost with _all_ modifiers currently applied, shouldn't I?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
No, i don't have any at the moment. And even if I had... While hovering mouse over AA skill slot (not over the gem itself) I should see mana cost with _all_ modifiers currently applied, shouldn't I?
the degenerating mana is not the literal cost of gem. it is the player understood cost that is only modifiable by inc buff effect passives/mods.
The Skill tooltip tells you what the Skill itself does, including all modifiers to that Skill.

Inner Force does not apply to Arctic Armour, but to the Buff applied by Arctic Armour. The difference isn't relevant for AA, but it is for Buffs that apply to allies and Party Members - Auras are one such example.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Skill tooltip tells you what the Skill itself does, including all modifiers to that Skill.

Inner Force does not apply to Arctic Armour, but to the Buff applied by Arctic Armour. The difference isn't relevant for AA, but it is for Buffs that apply to allies and Party Members - Auras are one such example.
Thanks for the explanation. But I don't have any "Inner force"-like passives, so we are back to my original question - skill tooltip says its cost is 31.7+158.3=190, character panel says my mana regen is 194, but while moving there is mana drain ~1/sec. Why?
Holy Strength* also grants 3% Increased Buff Effect - do you have that passive? 190 * 0.03 = 5.7, so a loss of 1/sec sounds about right.
* = tail end of the selected passives
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 2, 2014, 10:18:17 PM
Yes I do and that's the answer of course. Stupid me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info