[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
FFS, cant GGG just leave us alone, man look at glacial cascade. Remi, thanks for your build !!!! Sorry I had to rant .. I"m old and get too grumpy to fast.

Ye it's fine xD, I know that this nerf is coming regardless
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Ciatlov wrote:
"
Recent nerfs to this build:

Watcher's eye: Can now grant 10 to 15% increased Mana Recovery Rate while
affected by Clarity (from 20 to 30%.

Ball Lightning
Now has a base radius of 18 (from 22).
Now deals 3 to 48 lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 57), up to 22 to 426 lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 28 to 533).

Total endgame nerfs:
22% aoe reduction
21% base damage reduction
15% mana recovery rate loss with double clarity watcher's eye

Probably still the strongest mine skill still lol.

roughly 70% reduced AoE, so we need like 70% Inc AoE to get it back. So just the damage portion (13 hits would be not achievable anymore), the flat damage nerf is simply replaced with arcane cloak
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Ciatlov wrote:
"
Recent nerfs to this build:

Watcher's eye: Can now grant 10 to 15% increased Mana Recovery Rate while
affected by Clarity (from 20 to 30%.

Ball Lightning
Now has a base radius of 18 (from 22).
Now deals 3 to 48 lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 57), up to 22 to 426 lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 28 to 533).

Total endgame nerfs:
22% aoe reduction
21% base damage reduction
15% mana recovery rate loss with double clarity watcher's eye

Probably still the strongest mine skill still lol.

roughly 70% reduced AoE, so we need like 70% Inc AoE to get it back. So just the damage portion (13 hits would be not achievable anymore), the flat damage nerf is simply replaced with arcane cloak

"Notice Board <-- Check me for changes in the guide! (Last update 20/7)"

You forgot to edit the last update date ;)

Do you think it will be still a good league starter?
"
Bentic wrote:

Do you think it will be still a good league starter?

good catch there, ty for telling me that.

Honestly about league starting, I am not 100% sure, I mean we don't get affected by a lot so I think it would be fine, it might felt a bit worse compared to previous build cus I think now we only hit roughly 9-10 hits instead of 13 consistently.

Overall it should be fine
Are YOU going to use it as your league start? This should tell us a lot xD
On the other hand --- Is there an alternative to BL that you suggest?

There's a lot of people talking about Glacial Cascade, I'm wondering if using Glacial Cascade instead of BL will give us more damage (not compared to harvest, but potatoes to potatoes in Heist League).

As a league starter... yay or nay?
"
diego_garber wrote:
Are YOU going to use it as your league start? This should tell us a lot xD
On the other hand --- Is there an alternative to BL that you suggest?

There's a lot of people talking about Glacial Cascade, I'm wondering if using Glacial Cascade instead of BL will give us more damage (not compared to harvest, but potatoes to potatoes in Heist League).

As a league starter... yay or nay?

Eh i plan to league start hexblast. But anyway regarding the GC, i am not sure cus our build gives a lot of flat lightning. If you watch Akane this build pretty much fits any spell. You could try it but i cant give you an answer for the moment
"
diego_garber wrote:
There's a lot of people talking about Glacial Cascade, I'm wondering if using Glacial Cascade instead of BL will give us more damage
Tbh you tell me, cuz I was wondering about league starting GC mines or totems and the guys in GC totem thread are saying it's nerfed so is it or is it not?

"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Eh i plan to league start hexblast.
Nice, I was wondering about that skill too but I can't figure out how it's supposed to work so hope you can clarify a bit.

Do you cast multiple curses self-cast then hex blast them? Does hex blast consume multiple curses or only 1 at a time? Do you play with the new doomsday keystone? Do you still get explosions from the new reworked punishment if you put it in the build?
Can anyone familiar with this build give me the pros and cons of using BL in mines vs. hand-casting? I found a very similar build on youtube and he was hand-casting it.

Is there really all that much that functionally changes between the two?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
diego_garber wrote:
There's a lot of people talking about Glacial Cascade, I'm wondering if using Glacial Cascade instead of BL will give us more damage
Tbh you tell me, cuz I was wondering about league starting GC mines or totems and the guys in GC totem thread are saying it's nerfed so is it or is it not?

I think it's too early to tell if GC mines will be good. The damage was significantly moved to the last burst of the skill and a knockback component was added which may or may not have bad consequences with mines. You probably need to hit atleast 4-5 times with the skill to make it worth over another spell. What does the knockback component do when you have 24 remote mines down, etc.

Glacial cascade really needs hatred. So for this build you either dropping skitter bots or stat/freeze immune ring for another essence worm.

Arcane cloak really only sustains synergy with spells that hit really fast which is why ball lightning is so good. Ball lightning has 10% less damage effectiveness than GC but also hits up to ~13 times per mine while GC is like 3-5 times.

The real question is, with the 800 new support alternate quality gems will we see a cold/fire based arcane cloak variant similar to the cold based arch mage.
"
Deausx wrote:
Can anyone familiar with this build give me the pros and cons of using BL in mines vs. hand-casting? I found a very similar build on youtube and he was hand-casting it.

Is there really all that much that functionally changes between the two?

Mines are generally a better self cast with investment into mines. You throw the mine where you want the damage at and don't have to wait for slower proj balls to reach the target. You ignore indigon mana cost increase while getting the health recovery. You ignore all reflect mechanics so you can do unidentified maps and map bosses with reflect like racecourse that will 1shot self cast. You can stack up ~24 remote mines and backload damage and instant phase bosses.

Self cast ball lightning is still pretty good tho damage was enough to do all content pre nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info