[3.18] 🔮☄️ Aura Stacking - EZ new Uber Content ☄️🔮

"
Faendris wrote:
An update about the gloves:

I now switched to this setup:

This gives me a total of 94% cold pen and 118k armour. The latter easily puts me above th 90% phys cap at lvl 100 (knowing that armour is complex and does not do flat reduction) so I specced out of guardian and into assassin. I guess for EK it might make sense to consider deadeye (if you want pierce and not chain). In any case that setup gives you a free sub-ascendency :) in addition to two links worth of penetration.

Thats your phys reduction vs a bigger hit :D I wouldnt do that ever...
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
Did some testing, since armour phys reduction is no a straight percentage mitigation. With 118k armor (and no guardian ascendancey) a shaper slam does about 4k damage (its really hard to get that sucker to hit you with all that evasion). I guess that is good enough to not also use guardian as an ascendancy (which provides flat phys reduction and is thus independent of the amount of damage taken).
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:
An update about the gloves:

Thats your phys reduction vs a bigger hit :D I wouldnt do that ever...

Interesting! Guess I need to do some more testing how often I actually see those hits. I am also confused by the fomula given in the wiki.

Shaper does about 17.1 k damage with its slam. According to the formula in the wiki this should lead to a damage reduction of about 40%. Yet I still only took about 4k damage from the slam. Am I missing something?
"
Faendris wrote:
Did some testing, since armour phys reduction is no a straight percentage mitigation. With 118k armor (and no guardian ascendancey) a shaper slam does about 4k damage (its really hard to get that sucker to hit you with all that evasion). I guess that is good enough to not also use guardian as an ascendancy (which provides flat phys reduction and is thus independent of the amount of damage taken).

I mean if shaper slam is your measurement then sure that amount of armour is fine... there are much bigger hits in the game though. I'd always prefer flat physical reduction
accidental double post :D
Last edited by Jix_91 on Oct 19, 2020, 6:03:15 AM
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:

I mean if shaper slam is your measurement then sure that amount of armour is fine... there are much bigger hits in the game though. I'd always prefer flat physical reduction

Its just a reliable and well known source of damage to do experiments on, not a goal.

I try to verify/understand the impact of armour. According to the Wiki shaper does 5689 phys damage. The slam does 300% of that. That is about 17.1k damage.

The mitigation according to the wiki is then: 118/(118+10*17.1) which is about 41%. Therefore the slam should hit me for 10.1k. But it does not. It hits for about 4k. I am trying to understand what I am missing.

"
Faendris wrote:
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:

Its just a reliable and well known source of damage to do experiments on, not a goal.

I try to verify/understand the impact of armour. According to the Wiki shaper does 5689 phys damage. The slam does 300% of that. That is about 17.1k damage.

The mitigation according to the wiki is then: 118/(118+10*17.1) which is about 41%. Therefore the slam should hit me for 10.1k. But it does not. It hits for about 4k. I am trying to understand what I am missing.

Go to the Configuration Tab in POB and set Enemy Hit Damage to 17.1k - then check your armour/phys reduction in the calcs tab :)
Ahhhh but i want to understand the math invlved here. And I guess I do now.

I have done the following tests:

Slam with 116k armor, no guardian: about 4k
Slam with guardian (50% flat reduction), no armor: about 4.5k
Slam with guardian and 60k armor (without the +1 gems buff): about 1.2k
Slam with guardian and 116k armor: 0.9k

My assumption about the damage of the slam was wrong. It appears to be 9k not 17.1k.

Now that I know how to calculate this, here is the stuff that is important for me:

If you have 6k es, 116k armour and no guardian the maximum phys hit that you can survive is about 12k, if you have 0 armour and guardian it is also 12k, if you have guardian and 60k armour it is about 21k and if you have guardian and 116k armour it is 28.5k.

As a consequence it makes a lot of sense to have guardian and amour and using the setup with the +1 gloves increases your survivability substantially (by more than 7k). I am respeccing to guardian and I keep believing in the +1 maligaros.

Fun fact: i killed two shapers for this. Both dropped the flask :).
"
Faendris wrote:
Ahhhh but i want to understand the math invlved here. And I guess I do now.

I have done the following tests:

Slam with 116k armor, no guardian: about 4k
Slam with guardian (50% flat reduction), no armor: about 4.5k
Slam with guardian and 60k armor (without the +1 gems buff): about 1.2k
Slam with guardian and 116k armor: 0.9k

My assumption about the damage of the slam was wrong. It appears to be 9k not 17.1k.

Now that I know how to calculate this, here is the stuff that is important for me:

If you have 6k es, 116k armour and no guardian the maximum phys hit that you can survive is about 12k, if you have 0 armour and guardian it is also 12k, if you have guardian and 60k armour it is about 21k and if you have guardian and 116k armour it is 28.5k.

As a consequence it makes a lot of sense to have guardian and amour and using the setup with the +1 gloves increases your survivability substantially (by more than 7k). I am respeccing to guardian and I keep believing in the +1 maligaros.

Fun fact: i killed two shapers for this. Both dropped the flask :).

Nice - I think MBX has a video explaining how it works... flat reductions like phys. reduction or resistances are applied first and then armour is used. Thus a combination of both is always better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-omAQHNJmzs&t=461s

I also tried transcendence on my aura stacker and got to 99% ele mitigation, which led me to being able to easily tank shaper balls (which got cold-pen) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtzc3pg8rWU
whats the deal with the legacy jewels without the socket enchantment?
its 48% aura effect (and some es etc) instead of the 40% from the ones with the socket.
is it better to put some in, when you got enough mana reduction or to get some breakpoints?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info